Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SG 10 - Australian Dealers

Hi,

Im interested in getting one of these radios. Just wondering if there is an Australia distributor? Cant find anything on the Airtronics website..

360Wings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Guess not..
Obviously not a very popular brand and lacks support.. At least in Oz.. Guess ill be getting a 8fg...
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Airtronics is the name for Sanwa products sold in North America. I do not know of any distributors for your region but you could try asking your local dealers if they known of a local source for "Sanwa" products.

-Farrell
Farrell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default slickporsche

I just purchase a SD-10G and it is an amazing radio! WOW! I was going to buy a Futaba 8FG, but now I am glad I did not. There is so much flexibility here that I doubt I will ever use it all. I fly heli's, planes, and some gliders( higher Performance), so it will do it all for me. I really like the 3position switches, total switch asignability, and the range for gliders. It is also 2-cell lipo ready, and is factory supported. It also has something like "model Match", but is called "SafetyLink", and works by assigning a number to each model, and each one is bound to its respective reciever. Of course it is upgradable via internet if Sanwa comes up with anything new.

I was a hobby dealer in the U.S. for many years, and of course flyer,and sold Airtronics/Sanwa for many years with no trouble. It is a top shelf brand, and the reliability is never in question. I do not know why it has not achieved the same fame as Futaba, other than marketing. It is a brand that has always been very popular with the sailplane guy's and still is from what I hear. They also have some other really sweet radios.

I would highly recommend one for your next computor radio. There should be dealers in Australia, but you should also be able to purchase one from Singapore, or HongKong.
slickporsche is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by Geffect; 04-01-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Geffect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I watched the Finless videos series so I know what the radio can do.. I have considered buying from Airtronics but warranty issues would get expensive.. At least futaba have a local distributor.. And with the v3.0 upgrade the 8fg is 14ch with Sbus..

Finding it hard to decide which way to go..
Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default slickporsche

You can also do upgrades online with the SD-10G, and it appears it will do more than the 8FG. It is also a 10channel to start with and the 8FG is already (thanks to Futaba),Obsolete. By Xmas they will have another radion to replace it. LOL. What will you do with all the channels, or S-Buss? I also fly scale and jets, and have not needed it before, so I guess I do not need S-Buss now.

As for service, once you have a SD-10G you will start a revolution, and soon there will be a dealer there if not already, plus service center. What are you going to do to it that you will need service? I have flown Airtronics, Futaba, and JR for years and cannot remember ever sending one in for repair. In America, Futaba is second rate for service, and very slow, from what others have experienced.

I would highly recommend getting the SD-10G, and think you will be very happy with it. I will admit that Sanwa is like a ghost here in Asia, but that did not deter me from purchasing one. The 8FG is "butt ugly", and cheap feeling, so no matter, I would not be happy with it not matter what it does. THats just me and my humble opinion.
slickporsche is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

SlickPorsche,

Im going to get a SG10 from airtronics dot net as soon as they have stock.. I found 1 place that can get a SG10 but their price was $150 more than what I would pay getting it from the US..

Im taking a slight risk but at least I have my current radio as a back up should I have to send it back for warranty issues.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Airtronics can not ship items outside of the USA or Canada. You might be able to order it through one of their dealers:

http://www.globalhobby.com/globalwhere2buy.asp

-Farrell
Farrell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Farrell,

You were right.. Airtronics dont ship outside Canada and USA. They referred me to amainhobbies who do ship internationally.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello 360wings I want to get one as well. Did you had any luck to find it anywhwere. I have seen it for 439 but forgot the siteif i will find again i will let you know.
Crow_00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

found it the site is skipmillermodels.com the price $439.99 plus shipping ( a bit prisey) but i guess not bad. Where are you abouts in Australia?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at the Futaba 8fg and the price was and still is $350. I asked about why the price is so down and they sayed because it was standing on the shelf around 2 years.They said the Spectrum is a better seller but i don`t want to buy one (Cant explaine why) maybe bacause i have a dx7. :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in