Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is this a bad AR7200BX?

I have recently set up two AR7200BX and they have worked great. However I do not know why this AR7200BX is acting up. This first video is shows how the swashplate moves up and down normally. The second video shows how it starts acting up. I have reset this over and over. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it acts up.

The video below is where it starts acting up.

Let me know what you guys think, should I send it in to Horizon Hobby. This has never been in a crash.
rctrooper1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It just looks like a small amount of right aileron trim or sub trim, in the flight mode you are in. Badly centring sticks would do it too. Try increasing the stick deadband in parameters, and see if it goes away. if it does then you know the source is the Tx, if not let us know.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
It just looks like a small amount of right aileron trim or sub trim, in the flight mode you are in. Badly centring sticks would do it too. Try increasing the stick deadband in parameters, and see if it goes away. if it does then you know the source is the Tx, if not let us know.

Cheers

Sutty
+1 mine did that, added some subtrim in the opposite dir, and it stopped.
give that a try. hopefully it helps.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok, I will try those suggestions.

Thanks.
rctrooper1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

RCTrooper, how did you get on?

I have the exact same problem with my AR7200BX on my 2nd 450X.

I've got 2 450x's and 1 is perfect, the 2nd does what yours does (except it is the elevator servo playing up).

I've zero'd the sub-trim (the manuals says to have 0 sub-trim), re-binded, re-calibrated the DX7s, increased the deadband on parameter menu (this did help a little).
I've also defaulted the AR7200BX and reprogrammed from scratch - to no avail.
I've removed the and redone the foam adhesive (3M) too.

I do notice that sometimes it can take a while to initialize.

This is driving me nuts - and makes the heli unflyable.

Anyone else got some ideas?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have all ar7200bx's on mine
I had one do that and I do not recommend using any sub trim at all in the radio
I always keep a new spar and changed it out with another new one and sent the one that was drifting to HH and they simply replaced it with a new one
I just finished a new 550 dfc build and after setup the tail servo was drifting just like you head is doing while in HH mode, so I simply took it off and put another new one on the heli and it is perfect
Tail stopped drifting to fully to one side
I have set up over a dozen beastx and 7200bx units, They are awesome , but out of all those I simply received a couple of bad ones
Don't risk it, just send it in for a new one
BTW I did fix the one that was drifting by switching out the aileron and collective wires and changed did a new setup and the problem went away
It fly perfect, but i did eventually change it out with a new unit and got the other one replaced just for peace of mind

Heli,Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have had 5 different 7200s, One of the brand new ones acted exactly as your video shows only my swash movement was a bit slower. I spent a ton of time on it and gave up and sent it in. HH sent me a replacement and the problem was solved. It only took about ten days for the replacement to show up.
mvert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli,Ed View Post
BTW I did fix the one that was drifting by switching out the aileron and collective wires and changed did a new setup and the problem went away
So it the end it wasn't a BeastX problem??

Update...
Last night I did another re-bind. Re-tested and couldn't get the unti to play up (as in the vids above). I removed by stick deadband back to default and still no tilting. I will try again tonight and next few nights to get some piece of mind.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Mvert & Heli'Ed

I thought I had it sorted - but alas - first flight it started tilting again. Luckilly no harm done - landed fine - just very frustrating.

Time to start the return process.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Is this a bad AR7200BX?

You get a bad one sometimes. I just got new replacement this week . It's a pain to take off and return and have to wait for new one, unless you are like me and keep a spare,
But at least hh customer service is next to none
Are you POSITIVE swash was perfect level at set-up. That is critical, and you have to make sure you do it in servo set-up mode and have them in digital center

Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Is this a bad AR7200BX?

I'm on a way to apply field, I got time to talk if you p.m. your phone number I think I might be able to help a little bit

Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar problem and I talked to techs at horizon hobby and he suggested that it could be a voltage issue. He first said to make sure the battery is good then try a different esc. My battery was good so I tried a different esc it solved the problem but before I bought a new esc I disconnected the castle link and connected the esc directly to the beastx and solved the issue too. So to make a long story short the castle link was the problem. Hope this helps
greycat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks guys.

Heli'Ed, I've returned you pm, thanks.

Re level swash, I placed the servo arms at best to 90* as possible and using menu G, fine tune the swash for perfect level using RClogger2 and swash levelling tool.

I can move the collective up/down and the swash moves level accordingly always 90*, this works for about 30secs sometimes a minute, then the drift appears, always moving the swash to the rear (elevator). Ive played with the stick dead and, that helped a little, but in the end the drift occurs.

I can accelerate the problem by moving (tilting) the heli (after initialization) on the bench, with TH on, so now blade motion, no vibes. Again, works fine for a while, tilt heli, the drift occurs. This doesn't happen on my other 450X, it flies great (well did until yesterday when the CF tail blade let go and tail exploded, at least I managed to gently land).

I have a bench power supply, so will see if I can measure the current & voltage for problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in