Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Iosue View Post
Had anyone noticed that the tail gears does not move parallel to tail case bearing? Are yours 130x's tail gears moving like a flat tire? I can see that the big tail gear, sometimes called C gear, is pushing back and forth the little gear (or D gear) that also move bad "per se".
I got 3 sets of new gears (12 gears) and are as bad as the one installed on the heli.
This back and forth movement is pushing the flanged bearings in a radial way and this bearings are not intended for that, wearing them faster than normal, and is not a "new" that this bearings are poor quality.
So, is the manufacturer taking this gears out of the mold without letting them rest and cold down first to avoid deformation? who knows; or the gears with bad molded hole, hole not perpendicular to the gear? who knows....but with gears moving that way, the tail shaft will move that way either and while bearings wearing down adding bigger play in the flanged bearings the shaft will move in a conical way and not perfect at the axel.
all my gears spin perfect .... no wobbling ...
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
all my gears spin perfect .... no wobbling ...
And what about the tail grips? The grips installed have too much play falling down with tail blades. I can move them free with the tip of the finger!!!. The hub fits OK at grips, but I suspect the bearings inside the grips are very poor quality too!!!
Just testing the heli for few sec. and hovered once for few sec. too. Not used/abused, and it's new from factory.
Are your 130x tail grips straight?

Last edited by A. Iosue; 11-04-2012 at 09:07 PM..
A. Iosue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Iosue View Post
And what about the tail grips? The grips installed have too much play falling down with tail fins. I can move them free with the tip of the finger!!!. The hub fits OK at grips, but I suspect the bearings inside the grips are very poor quality too!!!
Just testing the heli for few sec. and hovered once for few sec. too. Not used/abused, and it's new from factory.
Are your 130x tail grips straight?
Yes, they are fine. You may have a "out of square" tail shaft. It is just HH's bad quality control ... i had a bad tail shaft out of the box ... just go to the LHS with a piece of lined paper to make sure the tail shaft is "square" before you buy it.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, they are fine. You may have a "out of square" tail shaft. It is just HH's bad quality control ... i had a bad tail shaft out of the box ... just go to the LHS with a piece of lined paper to make sure the tail shaft is "square" before you buy it.
Tail shaft is OK (new one kindly sent by HH). With the 3 sets of tail gears I also ordered the TT for testing purpose and keep it as a spare. Testing all tail gears (12 in total) even on the new TT rolling it on a marbel surface, the gears don't move parallel to axel.

Can anybody take a look (from upside) to tail case-gear while spinning slowly rotor head, by hand, and see if tail gear gets closer at one side of tail case more than the other side (as if twisted movement/not perpendicular to axel) while spinning? or at the outside diameter respect to flanged bearings and see how it moves?, and same thing happens to the little tail gear!!!

I will appreciate your replays.
Thanks.

Last edited by A. Iosue; 11-04-2012 at 01:00 AM..
A. Iosue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
Since it wasn't shown in the video I figured I would post this picture that Picker posted in another thread, it shows the easiest way to install the D gear.

Definitely easier, thanks for the tip. I don't dread taking the tail apart now, in fact I believe I'm an expert at it now after a dozen times screwing with it.
bmc76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alright guys I keep spitting tail blade grips... have you guys had this problems ?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostflyer1 View Post
Alright guys I keep spitting tail blade grips... have you guys had this problems ?
i havent, but others have. Either search through this forum or post a new thread to get more help!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Front Servo

I am on my third servo replacement. I need to replace the front servo. It looks like I need to completely take the heli apart to do this. Any suggestions. There has to be an easier way.
helitroll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitroll View Post
I am on my third servo replacement. I need to replace the front servo. It looks like I need to completely take the heli apart to do this. Any suggestions. There has to be an easier way.
Nope. It's a PITA you have to take apart the frame. The first time I replaced and elevator servo it took me about 1 hour and the 2nd time took me about 10 mins. Lol. Now it's a piece of cake.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nope. It's a PITA you have to take apart the frame. The first time I replaced and elevator servo it took me about 1 hour and the 2nd time took me about 10 mins. Lol. Now it's a piece of cake.
Elevator is the one I haven't replaced yet. We would welcome your tips to make this a bit less painful. I am afraid mine will go soon, with 140 flights so far
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, i got the microheli grips! Problem solved
Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
Elevator is the one I haven't replaced yet. We would welcome your tips to make this a bit less painful. I am afraid mine will go soon, with 140 flights so far
Its just the experiance of knowing how after doing it once that reduced the time spent. It really is simple because all the frame screws are the same so you dont have to seperate them into piles/baggies (first time i did seperate which took me an extra 15mins) But youll be fine ...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like how this "James" guy keeps saying "simply...". Nothing's simple with this thing, james. I especially like how they just omit the gratuitous jacking around to get some of the parts on or off. Pretty much in line with their whole practice of deception and outright lying (cust serv). What a patronizingly fraudulent alcoholic(evident by the newest video of him talking about the 550 Pro Series - red-faced and about a 100lbs of bloat with blood-shot eyes...).

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm right in the middle of wrenching on this thing again. BNF - ha!
m1crochip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade 130x Repair Videos

This is one of my favorite helis right now. Its easy to work on once you have some pracrice.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TapTalk 2
jchandler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade 130x Repair Videos

Quote:
Use some blue loc-tite on the screws holding them on. Be careful not to get it in your bearings.

jchandler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchandler View Post
Use some blue loc-tite on the screws holding them on. Be careful not to get it in your bearings.

yeah +1, use a needle or tiny tooth pick, put a little loctite on the point of one of them and install the loctite on the tail shaft, while the blade grips are off. Then install your blade grips, this just makes sure you dont get loctite in your bearings which would be bad, as stated by JC
Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Me 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
Very nice!
I kind of want to take mine apart just to put it back together again. I have yet to be given a reason to take it apart.
I was thinkin' the same thing!
But...mine is flying very well right now: If it ain't broke.....don't fix it!
I'm sure I'll find a way to need repairs soon enough!
Blade-T-Rex-Tarot- 450 and under-DX6-AMA#977655
intro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in