Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best gyro mode for 3D Fly

Hello,

I'm new on this forum. I'm actually running a TREX 450 SE in good standard fly level. I have a lot of 3D fly practice on simulator (Phoenix RC) and now go live. I tested one yesterday no crash but the tail look to not really follow the cap. I was in Head lock mode. So my question is easy what is the best gyro mode to use for 3D fly, normal or head lock?

Thx for your help.
Wodahs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Most people use heading lock.

You might have to look into the setup of the heli in order to get the tail to perform better. A poorly setup heli will not fly as well. This is especially the case with the tail.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oky that's help to choose. So I'l go to adjust the gyro gain but my question was regarding the futaba GY401 documentation. You can see that standart recommandation are: normal avcs mode, idl1 avcs mode and idl2 normal mode.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

For 3D most everyone that knows will say fly in Heading Hold (HH) and even if not into 3D those same are still going to say fly in HH. The only time, and WITHOUT getting into the "Setting-Up in HH or RATE MODE DEBATE" the only time they would use "Rate (Normal) Mode" is to set up for zero rotation in the hover. That being said it's my understanding the only people that like to fly in Rate Mode are those who are into Scale. It's said the helicopter fly's a little more realistic or fly's like a full scale helicopter would, for everyone else it's all done in HH (AVCS Mode). Myself being new to Rc Heli's my description maybe just a little on the simplistic but certainly it saying more than the "hieroglyphics" that Futaba would call good documentation
pwoodyp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You might want to try the Finless Video on setting up the 401,
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...gyro_setup.wmv
TBS Disco w Core Naza GPS FPV 1.2 vtx MT Tiger motors
02deuce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot for all your recommandation. Will try all your recommendation and choose the best for me. I have tried some without AVCS mode and it's look fine also. Please I think all of you are runing in mode2 but I run in mode1 that's could be a difference. Which figure need avcs mode and why you suppose it can't be done in normal mode.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you mean normal/idle1/idle2 switch settings? There are only two modes for the gyro, but three for the flight modes (on most radios). To me, it sounds like you have your idle up switch set to different gyro settings for each position. Your best bet is to use nothing but HH on all three modes until you have an excellent handle on the tail. Once you get pretty profficient, then switch to 'normal' or RATE mode and fly for smoothness (if you're into that stuff). HH will hold the tail pretty solid if you have your mechanical and gain values set right. However, most people prefer the HH's "Set it and forget it!" capabilities.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I mean mode1 on the transmiter that mean I don't have all the cyclic on one stick but need to move the both stick to control the cyclic. I think mode2 could be easier for some combination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in