Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone have any experience with these? Goggles, cam system with pan and tilt $400?

Please check out the link...what do you guys think....would this be compatible with the OSD system from Eagletree?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mobile-wireless-...d=p3286.c0.m14
DGES is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default I have not tried them but

It looks pretty nice but most of us don't want 2.4Mhz for our video system since we use that for aircraft control. I have never been able to understand why these integrated system makers can't figure that out.
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Would the 2.4 GHz really pose a big problem? I figured it would be like flying at a field with a few other Spektrum or Futaba FASST radios where it doesn't matter what other similar signals are out there because your heli's radio is "locked" in to its Rx.

Do you think this system could work with the EagleTree OSD system?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just posted this on a different thread, same basic question.

Using two 2.4GHz transmitters on the ground, and two receivers on your helicopter, is okay. Each receiver will ignore the packets from the unrelated transmitter. It's like listening to two people who are talking to you at the same voice volume, and you can tune in to whichever person you want to hear.

Using a 2.4GHz transmitter and also a 2.4GHz receiver on your helicopter, is not okay. The signal is just too loud, and the receiver will be swamped. It's like trying to hear the person across the room when someone else next to you is screaming in your ear.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although some pilots report they could use the 2.4ghz radios and a 2.4ghz video together by powering the video first (which you should always do anyways )they always seem to come back later and report a crash/lock out and loss of control. I wouldn't want to take that chance flying at a populated field with a heli.

Another thing is the video system is only 10 milli watts which is not that much range. The Fat Shark goggles are awesome but the other gear not so good.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the great replies! What everyone is saying makes sense and is definitely very helpful.

Basically, I really like idea of the Fat Shark system (pan and tilt cam tied to goggle movement, etc.) and of course the price but I like my 2.4 GHz DX7 set up more and wouldn't want to go backwards to an FM set up for my heli just so I could use the cheaper FPV system...doesn't make sense. So, where can I get a similar priced set up ready to go that offers:

On board cam that moves (pan and tilt) in relation to the movements of the person's head wearing the goggles AND one that can be used with or is designed for Eagle Tree's OSD system (gotta love the scrolling altitude and airspeed on the screen/goggles)?

Basically, the far shark system listed there on eBay but one that isn't 2.4 GHz and can definitely be used with the OSD system (or has one similar integrated).

Thanks,

Jason
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Fing it and let us all know

You find that and let us all know about it. This is sort of my point. The integrated system makers would sell a bunch of those if they would NOT use 2.4. As far as I know, all the stuff you want is not available. You can get packaged systems that run on 900Mhz and maybe even some on 5.8Mhz. I don't think anybody makes a system with pan and tilt on the headset in 900 or 5.8.
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in