Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile Maiden flight with the Frenzy complete

Talk about putting a smile on your face, this model will certainly do it on the very first flight. I could not be more happy with flight characteristics and overall performance of this heli. It rolls true, flips like a gymnastics tumbler, tracks straight and smooth in forward flight, and has a nice stable hover to it.

This one's setup for 140 CCPM and has a Perfect Regulator to drive the DS610 cyclic servos at 8v. I went out on a limb with this regulator as not many are using it but only time will tell if this is going to be a good decision or not. It has align carbon fiber paddles on it with the longer 440mm flybar. I went with the Rotor Tech 610mm 3D blades which I like very much. Finally the gyro and tail servo is the GP750 + DS620.

Would I buy this heli again? You bet. This is just too much fun to fly in comparison with my Trex 600. I may not have the Trex setup right but believe me I have tried and can't even get it flying anywhere near to the way the Frenzy does.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frenzy-on-the-table.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	96332  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I just got done flying today and did a post flight inspection that revealed my engine hanging by a thread. There were three screws missing out of the engine mount where it connects to the frame. So I need to find some more bolts the same size to replace the ones that fell out.

I was having so much fun that skipped over checking the engine mounting bolts. I am sure I locktited those screws but the engine mount may have not been cleaned out real good before replacing the screws. How do you clean those holes in the engine mount out to make sure that the locktite will stick?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Missing-Bolts.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	97989  
Old 05-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I myself use denatured alcohol seems to work real well just dont get it in the electronics
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man you did a beautiful job on that bird! Those stickers aren't easy to put down on the canopy and your's look amazing! I'm curious as to why you switched to the longer flybar and Align paddles?
Frenzy 50 with SK-360, AR7100R, BLS451, Edge FBL Blades, Spartan DS 760.Frenzy 90 with SK-720, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-PS. ELY-Q Vision 90 with BeastX, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-R, Radix FBL. JR X9303
heartnspirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Man you did a beautiful job on that bird! Those stickers aren't easy to put down on the canopy and your's look amazing! I'm curious as to why you switched to the longer flybar and Align paddles?
  1. Longer flybar = faster flipping
  2. The align paddles are lighter and give just a tad bit more response to inputs. I may try the super stubbs too just to see what happens.
I still haven't changed the mixing ratio on the washout arms yet but right now it seems to be setup just the way I like it so I may not even bother with it. I've got to get another Frenzy as a backup.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, thanks for the info. My favorite combination is the Stock paddles and the Curtis Youngblood Stickbangers. The Super Stubz and Stickbangers were insanely fast. In fact that combination is as quick as my flybarless 10s - T-Rex 600e but it lost all the smoothness and stability in forward flight. The Super Stubz with standard Radix blades combo was still pretty fast on the cyclic but didn't have that amazing smoothness and stability that I love about the Frenzy. Of course that might all change with the 440mm flybar. I'm tempted to try them all over again but when I watch Ben Storick doing what he does with the stock paddles and Stickbangers I think... that's plenty aggresive enough for me!
Frenzy 50 with SK-360, AR7100R, BLS451, Edge FBL Blades, Spartan DS 760.Frenzy 90 with SK-720, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-PS. ELY-Q Vision 90 with BeastX, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-R, Radix FBL. JR X9303
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If things get too aggressive in your setup you can always use some simple programing to tone down or dial out unwanted tendencies in forward flight. There are always compromises involved in any given setup so it's up to you to figure out what you like best.

For me, I have to have lot's of control response and then if I need some stability for hover I just use some dual rates attached to flight mode 1 or any other necessary mixing to make forward flight as good as it can be. Then in flight mode 2 I simply give up stability for that crazy flipping feeling that I happen to like. I actually have learned to control the hover fairly well in that mode so lately I've just been staying in mode 2 quite a bit.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I suppose it all depends on how much headspeed you're running (2200 for me) and how much cyclic you use. I've never had a problem with the hover stability on the Frenzy even with zero expo and I like having the super quick cyclic response. For me the combination of Super Stubz and Stickbangers has a general loss of stability at high speeds and becomes very erratic in fast forward fight or windy conditions, very "pitchy" and hard to hold a level line. It's always wanting to either nose up or down really bad. I don't think any radio settings will help that. I could have put the weights on with the paddles I suppose but that would have slowed the roll and flip rates anyway and the stock paddles are so much cheaper and feel just great to me.

I hope we're not getting to far off of your orignal topic here.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartnspirit View Post
Ok, thanks for the info. My favorite combination is the Stock paddles and the Curtis Youngblood Stickbangers. The Super Stubz and Stickbangers were insanely fast. In fact that combination is as quick as my flybarless 10s - T-Rex 600e but it lost all the smoothness and stability in forward flight. The Super Stubz with standard Radix blades combo was still pretty fast on the cyclic but didn't have that amazing smoothness and stability that I love about the Frenzy. Of course that might all change with the 440mm flybar. I'm tempted to try them all over again but when I watch Ben Storick doing what he does with the stock paddles and Stickbangers I think... that's plenty aggresive enough for me!
ben uses Super Stubz and Stick Bangers
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, you're right. I just called him and sure enough he's switched back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in