Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Gas

MA Gas Miniature Aircraft Gas Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default XPS installation

I just installed an XPS receiver in my Spectra G. I mounted it on top of the battery pack using quarter-inch foam to isolate it from the battery itself. I also installed one in a Bergen Intrepid and mounted it in the same location. The XPS instructions say to mount the receiver two inches away from any metal, wires, servos, carbon fiber, batteries, etc. In the case of the Spectra with a carbon fiber frame, and even the Bergen, that request is really not possible. I have flown the Bergen with this setup and had no problems. However, I'm just wondering where everyone else mounted their receivers. I've always mounted my receivers on top of the battery packs and have never had any issues with the location. I got curious about their request to mount the receiver two inches away from virtually everything when in fact every wire on the heli is plugged into the receiver less than an inch away from the antenna attached to the receiver itself. Thanks.
Bobs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mounted both of mine the same on top of the battery , antenna forward. One on the Spectra, one on the Stratus have no problems with either. Using sticky back velcro with a strip of velcro around everything. Dave
ddavison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, Dave. I wrote to XPS yesterday and inquired about mounting the receivers on top of the battery packs. They said that with helis this location is fine because we are not flying thousands of feet away like with planes and to just make sure to do a proper range check first. I flew my Bergen yesterday and deliberately flew it further away from myself than I normally would with no problem. I also inquired of XPS if you could fly without screwing the antenna on and just use the stub antenna that's built into the receiver. Their response to that question was an absolute NO. Without screwing the antenna onto the receiver there is no antenna in the module. Just thought others might want to know that too. I am really anxious to get my motor back from TRM so I can put the Spectra through its paces with the XPS system. The simplicity is a great feature.
Bobs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in