Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default can someone help me :)

Hi guys I have been sitting back reading all the helpfull information on these forums for some time and I have now hit I problem of my own. As a newcomer to the rc heli scene I bought myself a coaxial heli just to fly around my flat and try and get used to the art of flying as you all probably know these are so easy to fly. Anyway after reading many forums I decided on a honey bee fp v1 I got it fairly cheap and it came with spares also it hadn't been flown.

it arived in the post a couple of days later but to my disbelief the ni mh battery pack that came with it would not charge so I bought a lipo. When that came I was so excited as that was charging I checked over the heli and set it up following YouTube and forum guides.once the battery was charged I then put it in and balanced the heli turned my tx on and the plugged in the battery.

I then gave a little power with the heli on a rotating disc thing (not sure what they are called ) weighed down. I adjusted the proportional to 50% and the gyro to 0% unplugged the plugged back in throttle to half and it span clockwise. I adjusted it so that it was bang on.

it was make or break now as this was the first time I tried hovering one of these. I put it on the floor of my garage throttle up just about to take off. It came off the ground going slightly left then all of a sudden it started spinning around in the air I pulled off the throttle and then adjusted the proportional anti clockwise just a little bit tried again this time it span anticlockwise. Adjusted again and still it won't seem to stay straight it the air.

Is it just me ? can some one help ? Thanks for reading hopfully I've expained enough
damikey69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi damikey,

My first thought here was a tail motor problem but as its able to spin the heli in both directions it sounds like it's working ok. It's possible that you have a problem with your gyro but as you were able to get the tail steady on the lazy susan (turntable) I'm not so sure.

Make sure all your trims are centered on the TX before adjusting the gyro and unplug the battery to the heli each time you adjust the gyro.

Like you I am new here so maybe those that are more knowledgeable can help you out.

John
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick reply john its been quite anoying as I want to get in the air and learn how to fly the bee rather than just a spin hover haha. I've found that if I have the gyro half way and the proportional halfway (or when the tail stays straight on the table) when attempting to hover the tail rotor goes nuts! Speeds up makes it spin the slows right down massive tail wags.

I then tried turning the gyro right down maybe off? It seems to keep straight on the table but then trying to hover with them settings it does the same again spining in the air

just to let you know all my trims are central on my tx

this is driving me crazy I know some people will be giving up at this point haha really want to get this bee flying
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It seems like these forums are a bit quiet these days, I hoped someone else could advise you. Sorry I can't help you more as like you I'm still learning, you may have seen my thread here just below yours titled "Finally a hover"

You may have already seen these but all I can suggest is you read through these threads:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=182435

This one is for setting up your gyro:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=188133
Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks again john just read most the tips and mods especially about setting up gyro I did read that one beforw. I think with my bee its minor adjustments.

I however have good news. When I first blew my 4 in 1. I then decided (I don't know why) to mount the new 4 in 1 at the back behind the battery but to do this the 4 in 1 was upside down. I don't know if this would effect anything. But today I put the 4 in 1 back to the front balenced everything reset and did adjustments to my gyro and guess what it was quite straight.

anyway I then tried to hover in my bedroom. I had it about a foot off the ground then got nervous and did this acouple of times but I think I'm a bit heavy handed being nervous. Still think because the size of the room hopefull tomorrow will be nice so I can try out side more space for me. It seem to not be spinning in the air now so I'm not sure if it was because the 4 in 1 was upside down I'm nor sure but somthing I've done has fixed it for now.

is it worth buying and installing a hh gyro ? I've read nothing but good things. Would a Esky hh gyro work the same or as good as a telebee ?

And also I've seen the 4 in 1 mod to add hh gyro but can you have the cp3 3 in 1 mod installed as well as the hh gyro? I have a spare burnt out 4 in 1 I wouldnt want to mess with the working one I got just in case
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

An upside down 4 in 1 would cause the problem, as the gyro being upside down would also be back to front, causing the direction correction to be reversed!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's great news damikey, lets hope all is ok now.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in