Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRPY View Post
Yep, this worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip!

Now I just need to work on collective management. It's easy to bog this thing, and bogs can be deadly (the 130x falls right out of the sky).
I have pushed my collective the full 100% pos and neg and haven't bog It enough to make fall out of The sky

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Eek! Missing blade grip bearing!

I just received a 130X today, well two actually. While I was following Isaac's pre-flight check list I noticed a problem.

The bottom line is there was a bearing missing from one of the blade grips.

The first thing I noticed was that there was a gap between one of the grips and the hub. I could literally slide one of the blades and its grip a quarter of an inch side to side.

After removing the blades and looking into the grips, with the feathering shaft in place, I could see that one grip had a bearing on the side nearest the blade, but the other didn't.

Basically each grip should have a bearing on each side, but one grip only had the inner one.

I rang Horizon and they are sending me a pair of replacement grips.

Obviously I am not at all impressed with Horizon's assembly quality, it seems highly likely that blade would have flown off if I had spooled up.

I was very happy with the way they handled the problem though; the guy I spoke to was knowledgeable, helpful and sympathetic.

Edit: I discovered that I had a spare Walkera bearing which appears to be an exact match for the missing one. There are two of them in the V120D02 bearings kit which some of us are buying because it also contains two bearings suitable to replace the ones on the 130x tail shaft. So I'm flying again.

Oh, the irony.

Last edited by fac13; 07-19-2012 at 06:15 AM..
fac13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without a doubt the heli needs adjustments prior to flying for sure.

I simply tightened things, CHANGED THE grommets on the swash plate with the canopy ones.. Holy cow the difference...

ALSO, bought the metal gear ... and let me say that made a heck of a difference.

With some simple work the heli can be wicked.

EVEN with all these fixes, the normal stunt blades cause this thing to vibrate to all Heck though in some harder 3D stuff. I have tried grommets, everything is tight and solid. Not a tooth or anything missing.. even the metal gear now. It spools up wonderful in normal mode.. throw it into stunt and apply some force and it wigs out some... some sort of vibes kick in. Feathering shaft solid and straight... main good to go. NOW, you throw the FF blades on... THEY GO AWAY... so yeah now I see why those came installed this time. lol

*I admit though, out of the box.... no.. it needs some tweaking for sure.* Let's hope the V2 of it is done better.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289

Last edited by Iskareot; 07-25-2012 at 08:40 AM..
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would add one other thing to the list, do a range check.

The motor on mine shut down while inverted due to lost signal (It hasn't come up much on hf but it has happened to some), if you have a DX8 or DX7s you can check the telemetry screens to see dropped frames and holds. So if you are flying and the motor cuts out with a fully charged battery, take a look at the telemetry it maybe the answer.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is this really what we should do, why not send it back?

For a company to release a product that is basically foobar out of the box in any other industry would certainly be a death nail, or at least a contributing member in the construction of their coffin. Why not send the heli back? Demand your money back and even file a consumer complaint?

Seems to me that the advertisement and hype built around this product by the manufacturer is approaching fraud. Sure nothing is perfect, but this is just horrible. Even Align has a better track record. If we allow them to continue this pattern it will only get worse. I mean what if their 500 had these sorts of problems? That would be a safety issue.

We need to hold them accountable. They are charging us nearly 300 dollars for a piece of plastic that needs repair out of the box. Shame on you blade, you should know better.
cyeaste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeaste View Post
For a company to release a product that is basically foobar out of the box in any other industry would certainly be a death nail, or at least a contributing member in the construction of their coffin. Why not send the heli back? Demand your money back and even file a consumer complaint?

Seems to me that the advertisement and hype built around this product by the manufacturer is approaching fraud. Sure nothing is perfect, but this is just horrible. Even Align has a better track record. If we allow them to continue this pattern it will only get worse. I mean what if their 500 had these sorts of problems? That would be a safety issue.

We need to hold them accountable. They are charging us nearly 300 dollars for a piece of plastic that needs repair out of the box. Shame on you blade, you should know better.
Funny you should say this. I picked mine up today knowing full well what I was getting into. Wasn't until the total with our Canadian taxes came up that it dawned on me just how much I was dropping on this plastic toy that would need modification

Anyhow I don't mind. After all it was the heli I always wanted and it has filled the hole between the MCPX and the 250. Can't wait to get it flying to see if it is all I hope it is.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
Funny you should say this. I picked mine up today knowing full well what I was getting into. Wasn't until the total with our Canadian taxes came up that it dawned on me just how much I was dropping on this plastic toy that would need modification

Anyhow I don't mind. After all it was the heli I always wanted and it has filled the hole between the MCPX and the 250. Can't wait to get it flying to see if it is all I hope it is.
I feel the same way!
This Heli has a few production flaws, but really quenches my thirst when I fly 3d
without the worry of a "heavy machine" crash resulting in too many expensive
parts to repair.

I bought the Trex 250 when it first came out and flys "rock-solid" but i worry crashing it as
it is a bit heavier.

I looked at and held the 300X and it feels sturdier (read heavy)
BUT I want the 300X also.

The 130X is a VERY capable Heli for most!
Enjoy your Heli !

Life is Short.....
Fly FAST
cfrankfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like I have a full day on the bench before I start flying mine. Fedex says it will be here tomorrow. Im gonna be checking the door all freaking day im too excited
AZHELIMEDIC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry guys, but what means "TT"??
TR2N is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #30 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR2N View Post
Sorry guys, but what means "TT"??
Torque Tube

Be blessed
isaac

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #31 (permalink)

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd mention I finally got to replacing the TT bearing in the tail block (Rakon) and the 2 x flanged tail shaft bearings (Microheli). Like many others, the quality bearings have completely removed the "harmonic" we are supposed to punch through. It spools up like a normal heli now. There are vibrations, but nothing more than comes from a TT bashing around inside a CF rod A GREAT mod, well worth the effort.

The other behaviour I have noticed, is the tail boom slipping out of the mainframe about 1~2mm or so after a prang (I'm assuming) - could be caused by something else. Mind this after a boom replacement, so it was snug alright. There's a vid on the site somewhere discussing this. I mention this, because it would lead to a situation whereby your A gear teeth will strip more easily as your TT will have too much fore/aft slop, alowing your metal B gear to back away from the plastic A gear. so if you keep your tail servo snug up against the mainframe base of the boom, it' easy to spot a slippage.

Cheers
thegeek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL, I am a newbie, 120SR and getting ready to jump on the Mcpx V2, but the 130 sounds like you need an experimental license to fly. It sounds like HH wants you all to be test pilots to fly this thing. So I spend all this money for this heli and in my mind I read this little manual thing, charge the battery, program my 9503 and gently get it of the ground for a hover. No sir, here we are grinding gears and all kinds of nasty surprises on your first few flights. If I wanted this thing I think I might wait for VER2? I already determined after fiddling with the Mcx2, 120SR, and shortly the Mcpx V2, I want something that is big enought so my fingers can work on it!!!
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
LOL, I am a newbie, 120SR and getting ready to jump on the Mcpx V2, but the 130 sounds like you need an experimental license to fly. It sounds like HH wants you all to be test pilots to fly this thing. So I spend all this money for this heli and in my mind I read this little manual thing, charge the battery, program my 9503 and gently get it of the ground for a hover. No sir, here we are grinding gears and all kinds of nasty surprises on your first few flights. If I wanted this thing I think I might wait for VER2? I already determined after fiddling with the Mcx2, 120SR, and shortly the Mcpx V2, I want something that is big enought so my fingers can work on it!!!
This thing seems as small as the mcpx when it comes to working on it.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
LOL,
I want something that is big enought so my fingers can work on it!!!
Think 300X. Some of the parts that are replaced the most on the 130X is cheaper on the 300X.

BOB
Willyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Hi Guys

I usually do not post but I have to say I just bought one of these after eagerly awaiting it's release and I have to say out of the box it's Amazing... Took it out of the box,gave it a good inspection and made shure everything was tight and not ready to impale me on spoolup, bound it to my DX18 and popped it into a really solid hover, the heli is really stable in forward flight as well with no bad tendencies that I could detect with the exception of a drifting tail that with some trim took care of however I havent played with gain yet..I swapped out the main and tail blades to the green ones from Blade so to see the rotor disc a little easier, I did note that transitional vibe on spinup wich was abit scary but it vanished as the throttle was advanced though.. Okay so a trip to the bench for addition of thicker grommets to swash and tail pitch link aswell as main grips also to examine the tail case assembl.. Wow is all i can say about the flanged bearings for the tailshaft... the inner race is soo loose on the shaft it's a wonder the tail tracked as well as it did let alone not create a vibe that totally wigged out the 3axis system. Against my better judgement i re-assembled the unit and spun it up again, even more tight now!! those grommets really made it more precise and gave it that "tight feel" but I'm still gonner toss those stock bearings for Boca's tho!.. So what it needs a little work out of the box, it kicks ass.. ^.^
Old 08-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm loving mine! The head shake started to get a little annoying tonight so I swapped the o-rings on the swash for the canopy grommets, VOILA. Flying like a champ! Thanks for the tips! Guys at work were amazed watching me throw this thing around, I usually only hover and do some real slow FF in our parking lot with my 450.
propxprt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
Without a doubt the heli needs adjustments prior to flying for sure.

<snip>

EVEN with all these fixes, the normal stunt blades cause this thing to vibrate to all Heck though in some harder 3D stuff. I have tried grommets, everything is tight and solid. Not a tooth or anything missing.. even the metal gear now. It spools up wonderful in normal mode.. throw it into stunt and apply some force and it wigs out some... some sort of vibes kick in. Feathering shaft solid and straight... main good to go. NOW, you throw the FF blades on... THEY GO AWAY... so yeah now I see why those came installed this time. lol
<snip>r.
Dude, those stunt blades DO NOT like FFF. I have never seen a whole hell twist so severely/rapidly at speed. mCPX didn't mind so much. Mind these are longer blades than the mCPX are pretty damn flexible blades for their length/width.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where did he mention FFF induced vibrations?

Hard 3D and FFF are not the same .

FYI Mine does great in FFF with the Stunt ( non bullet ) blades. I have two brand new sets of mCPX bullets and one new set of 130 X bullets which most likely I will never put a scratch on , to me bullets feel like taining gear and yes I know that some of the best hard core Smack Flyers prefer the Bullets..
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Where did he mention FFF induced vibrations?

Hard 3D and FFF are not the same .

FYI Mine does great in FFF with the Stunt ( non bullet ) blades. I have two brand new sets of mCPX bullets and one new set of 130 X bullets which most likely I will never put a scratch on , to me bullets feel like taining gear and yes I know that some of the best hard core Smack Flyers prefer the Bullets..
Yes, edf you're right, didn't read it properly. My apols. Better start winding back even more gain on the "twister" .

Cheers
Old 08-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not been having much luck lately more down times,had a bad case of the wobbles and one of the servo rod arms separated from the holder i checked my other arms by giving them a slight tug and what do you know the elevator one is the same the thread inside the plastic is not holding it well.

Yet another thing to check out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Servo links.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	340359  
merch@nt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in