Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 450X - Parameter Adjustments

Hello everyone, as you all know I just joined the ranks as a 450X owner. Unfortunately the BNIB 450X that I was so excited to receive ended up not being BNIB, it was used. Anyway, the seller made right on the transaction and I'll move on from there with it.

I set up my DX8 as the manual suggested and put 3 packs through the heli last night, planning some more flights this evening when the wind dies down. The heli is very stable and I'm very impressed with the AR7200BX. However, this heli is the most responsive of my fleet and I'm not afraid to admit currently feels slightly above my skill level with the current set up.

My question is should I not change the parameters and practice with the heli as it is currently set up for the sake of advancing my skills? Or, should I enter the parameter menu within the AR7200 and adjust menu B - Control Behavior and change it to NORMAL from the default setting of SPORT?

Also should I only change this parameter or should I also change menu G - cyclic response as well? The heli seems very responsive to throttle input and the slightest change in pitch.

I've already added EXPO to help with the over responsiveness.

Thanks for any help or opinions that can be sent my way!
HK500Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I never tried normal mode but i know sport mode is way to slow for me. so it might be better in Normal give it a go

if this is your first bigger heli then yes its going to be very touchy you just need get used to it.
ive never really played with the settings on the AR7200 have one on my trex450 love it.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 450x is very quick on the collective and cyclic to make it more beginner friendly try a pitch curve of 40-50-55-75-100 and go to the pitch travel adjust go to 90 on both high and low. Start at 50 dual rates with about 30 expo, try the throtle curve in normal mode that's in 450x manual and when you are in tune with the heli a good stunt 1 throtle curve of 65-65-65-65-66 is a good starting point. These transmitter settings will help tame down the 450x. These settings helped tame down this built for 3D heli and made it a perfect trainer for me,everyone likes their helis setup differently so these are nice starting points, hope this helps you on your journey.
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 07:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do as Helithunder says, but first setup Parameter B in Transmitter mode. Then, and only then, you will have full control on taming down / personalize D/R and Expo.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helithunder View Post
The 450x is very quick on the collective and cyclic to make it more beginner friendly try a pitch curve of 40-50-55-75-100 and go to the pitch travel adjust go to 90 on both high and low. Start at 50 dual rates with about 30 expo, try the throtle curve in normal mode that's in 450x manual and when you are in tune with the heli a good stunt 1 throtle curve of 65-65-65-65-66 is a good starting point. These transmitter settings will help tame down the 450x. These settings helped tame down this built for 3D heli and made it a perfect trainer for me,everyone likes their helis setup differently so these are nice starting points, hope this helps you on your journey.
Thank you for all the replies, I really appreciate it. Thank you for passing along this pitch curve as well. It helps to have the numbers that worked for someone else right in front of me. I've always been leary to change things sometimes for fear of making the situation worse. This is not my first heli but it is the largest heli I have that is flybarless. I've been slow to convert to flybarless as flybarred helis work for me and I have all the components to get one in the air.

Thanks again for the help, I'll report back after making some changes and getting some flights in.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helithunder View Post
I just looked at the pitch curve I have set up in my DX8 and its 30-40-50-75-100. If I change it to what is mentioned above won't that actually be more aggressive than what I have now?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the pitch curve is what is causing your "too responsive" problems.

That's normally the cyclic response, which you can adjust limiting D/R and adding Expo.

Your pitch curve looks fine, as the other one. Not much difference.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I changed the dual rates and increased the expo that I had originally increased. It gave me some confidence with the heli. I ended up backing down the dual rates and expo further, I will most likely continue to do so as I put more flights on it.

Thanks again for the help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in