Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX v2.0 travel limit setup

I've just gone through setup of the new v2.0 firmware on my 600 EFL Pro. I'm getting ail/pitch servo binding on the servo cases at the extremes of movement using +/- 12 collective and the default Aileron/Elevator Travel Limit settings of 70%.

Can anyone else confirm what travel limit settings they need to prevent binding? I have to reduce travel to 30% to prevent binding.

This is a stock heli using outer holes on servo arms. On the previous firmware i ran +/- 12 collective and +/- 8.5 cyclic with no binding.
aro03 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi did you set Cyclic Pitch to 8 degrees while in DIR mode before setting up 3gx

3GX v2.0 Setting Changes and Warnings

● Cyclic Pitch need to be set to 8 degrees while in DIR mode, it is used as basis for other settings. Should roll rate change is needed, it needs to be changed in the cyclic pitch speed setting within flight mode setup.

● The setting parameter is now independent of helicopter size. First turn the elevator and aileron gain dial back to 12 o’clock position, setup the basic parameters, and helicopter should fly smoothly and stable regardless of size. Then the pilot can fine tune flight characteristics using gain dials.

● Added flight mode setting function, allowing cyclic pitch roll rate and travel limit adjustability, cyclic and collective pitch dampening and speedup function.

● Eliminated most swashplate related parameters, replaced with flight mode setting parameters.

● Warning: Channel 1 and channel 3 cannot be reversed. Satellite receivers cannot be too close during power up. (Distance beyond 30cm)

● Added Easy Setup table.
Blade 450 3D & Blade MCP X
bedlam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro03 View Post
I've just gone through setup of the new v2.0 firmware on my 600 EFL Pro. I'm getting ail/pitch servo binding on the servo cases at the extremes of movement using +/- 12 collective and the default Aileron/Elevator Travel Limit settings of 70%.

Can anyone else confirm what travel limit settings they need to prevent binding? I have to reduce travel to 30% to prevent binding.

This is a stock heli using outer holes on servo arms. On the previous firmware i ran +/- 12 collective and +/- 8.5 cyclic with no binding.
Yes travel limits on 600e pro had to be reduced to 30-35 is what I have now. It doesnt affect how fast it flips just make sure you got 8 degees on setup. Adjust how fast it flips in 3gx software. Also put back travels back to 100% in transmitter including rudder.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi what are your swashplate settings in transmitter?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Settings in the TX are 43,43,41. I can now say that it flies very well with a slightly tweaked 2.0 firmware. I am still using a travel limit of 35 to prevent binding at the stick extremes.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi can you show us your 3GX setting for 2.0 firmware please so we can have a look I'm thinking on updating my 3GX is it better? what make is your transmitter
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

With default settings it flew similarly to v1.2, however with a few tweaks and test flights it flew superbly. I'm particularly pleased with the collective feel once collective acceleration is increased to 70%. The cyclic also feels more direct, and more importantly remains uniform during pirouetting maneuvers. I'm using a dx8. I'll try and upload settings screens later.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi thanks aro03 i use the DX8 as well so all info you can show me will help I'm a beginner with heli's but i am getting their lol
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i did the update i have +12-12 pitch and +10-10 cyclic my swashplane Settings in the TX are 44,43,42 no binding at all, the elevator is 30 and aileron is 35 travel limit in flight mode setting and i can use D/R switch on TX to slow down aileron roll rate and elevator flip rate and it works fine. i did a test fly and it all looks ok also feels more direct cyclic i need to slow it down a little for me lol
Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am running just 70%, there is binding in the corner but there was binding there with the old set up. Haven't noticed anything bad but I will lower it out to 30 and see how she flies compared to 70%. Since I am here, what hole, or what spacing are you guys using for the Rudder ball link on the servo horn. I had it on the 3rd hole of the 4 way and lowered it to the 2nd hole (10mm).
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi I'm on the 3rd hole of the 4 way arm number 2 its about (12.5mm) my manual say 13mm and outer hole's on other servo's

aro03 whats your GYRO setting on TX please and 3GX thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
hi I'm on the 3rd hole of the 4 way arm number 2 its about (12.5mm) my manual say 13mm and outer hole's on other servo's

On my DX7 rudder gain is around 33-37 depending how I want to fly that day and 3gx software is at 70.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Thanks, I have been over the manual 3 time and didnt see a measurement specified.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Sry i've been away for a couple days, will post tomorrow when i get home.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I replaced a bunch of tail parts but I still have a slight oscillation on the tail and it slowly drifts tail going left, nose right. I am running 105mm governed at 2200, but I think the gov lets it go way over as I have optical tached it while in 3d and got 2350 out of it.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
I replaced a bunch of tail parts but I still have a slight oscillation on the tail and it slowly drifts tail going left, nose right. I am running 105mm governed at 2200, but I think the gov lets it go way over as I have optical tached it while in 3d and got 2350 out of it.
Can you post some pics of your wiring and setup?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX v2.0 AIleron binding requires very low travel limit down to 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro03 View Post

I have
  • +/-11 collective in initial 3GX set up
  • had set right ail/front ele to exact 8 degrees when I initialized,
  • I have a perfectly levelled swash plate at 0 collective (direct mode) with my TrueBlood swash leveler
  • my DX8 swash values are ail -42, elev +43, pit +38 to achieve above collective, ail, elev degrees
  • have no travel limits set in my Tx (as strictly instucted)
and while in 3GX flight mode setting,
  • I can get 70% elev travel limit with no binding,
  • I cannot get more than 20% ail travel limit.without binding at the servo upper corner when at the lowest collective (0% throttle)
Shall I assume I have two options to go:
(a) Either increase my ail travel limit to 70% accepting the risk that when/if I ever do inverted I migh suffer binding when at full -12 and require a full right ail,
(b) Or, keep the 20% ail travel limit and see how/if this affects my normal/sport flying style;

Is this a right assumption?

And I get to the million dollar (technical) question:

When I measured the blade pitch I realized that a 20% ail travel adds up a +/- 8 degrees to the colletive pitch; that is, assuming a full +12degrees collective, it adds another 8 degrees to support full right aileron giving a total of 20 degrees pitch on the blade.

Question: Is the 8 degree (delta) pitch enough to perform decent roll manuveurs, up right or inverted ? Or, better set my aileron travel limit to the recommended 70%, rendering a 8+0.7x8=13.6 degrees (delta) pitch to be able to support any type of roll manuveur? Or, truth is somewhere in between?

Thx, and apologies for the long specifictions description
sk8n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My swashmix is 50, 50, 50. That give's me + and - 12 degrees of pitch and the 8 degrees that 3GX needs in D/R mode. My travel limit is 70 for both aileron and elevator with no binding at extremes. I set max pitch for aileron and elevator at 12 degrees.

I didn't have to change anything mechanically. Don't know why some peeps are having issues.
TwinTurbo95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have +12-12 pitch and +10-10 cyclic my swashplane Settings in the TX are 44,43,42 no binding at all, the elevator is 30 and aileron is 35 travel limit in flight mode setting v2.0 3GX all is good here
Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo95 View Post
My swashmix is 50, 50, 50. That give's me + and - 12 degrees of pitch and the 8 degrees that 3GX needs in D/R mode. My travel limit is 70 for both aileron and elevator with no binding at extremes. I set max pitch for aileron and elevator at 12 degrees.

I didn't have to change anything mechanically. Don't know why some peeps are having issues.
That's odd, I have always had binding even with 1.2 at those settings. The only binding though is at the extremes that will probably never be flown at which is full negative collective+ full forward elevator and full left or right aileron at the same time. With my setup now I have no binding with 12 degree pitch 8 degree cyclic and travel limit at 38. I use outer holes on servo arms. I did have to increase my roll and flip rates as the standard 50 was pretty slow I am up to 60 which helped but thinking of going to 70.
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in