Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6I settings for CP Pro

I need the setting for the dx6i for the eflite cp pro. if anybody knows or where i can find them it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
capo58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by capo58 View Post
I need the setting for the dx6i for the eflite cp pro. if anybody knows or where i can find them it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
I started my Collective Pitch "adventures" with a Blade CP+ about two years ago. I have learned a lot since then...

I have since upgraded the CP+ to a CP Pro (with the high power speed controller), and I have also upgraded a Blade CP to a Blade CP Pro 2, which is far better than the CP+ and the CP Pro due to the direct drive tail and the high power main motor. The positive to the Blade CP Pro (over the CP and CP+) is the bell-hiller mixer head, which the CP and CP+ do not have. The down side to the Blade CP Pro (versus the Pro 2) is the gear reducer style motor driven tail design, which provides a small (read weak) motor and limited tail holding authority; and the design is challenging to set up well. That being said...
These are the settings for my Blade CP+ with bell-hiller mixer, high power speed controller, and E-Flite G90 gyro...
In the “Adjust” list (ADJUST LIST):
D/R Expo:
(Selected using the F.MODE switch)
Aile 0: 90%, +10% expo
Elev 0: 90%, +10% expo
Rudd 0: 95%, + 8% expo
Aile 1: 80%, +20% expo
Elev 1: 80%, +20% expo
Rudd 1: 90%, +15% expo

Travel Adj:
All set to 100%
Sub Trim (set these as applicable to center the servo arms on your heli):
Thro:
Aile:
Elev: +50
Rudd:
Gyro:
Pitc: +45

Gyro Sensitivity (GYRO)
(Selected using the F.MODE switch)
Gyro 0: 70.0%
Gyro 1: 67.5%

Throttle Curve:
Norm Pos -
L: 0%
2: 30%
3: 60%
4: 80%
H: 100%
Stunt Pos -
L: 100%
2: 80.0%
3: 60.0%
4: 80.0%
Hold -
L: 0.0%
2: 0.0%
3: 0.0%
4: 0.0%
H: 0.0%

Pitch Curve:
Norm -
L: 40%
2: 45%
3: 50%
4: 75%
Stunt -
L: 0%
2: 25%
Hold -
L: 40%
2: 45%
Swash Mix:
AILE -60%
ELEV -60%
PITCH +30%

The maximum pitch range for the CP (and the SR) heli can be accomplished with a Swash Mix PITCH value of +45%, assuming the rotor head is centered on the center hub (using the servo linkage arms), and blade pitch is set to "0" at center stick in Idle-Up Mode (F.M. 1 on the controller) using the pitch adjustment linkages. This would give you roughly +/- 13 degrees of pitch, which I do not recommend if you are just getting started!

=================================
In the “Setup” list (SETUP LIST):
Servo Reversing (REVERSE)
ELEV – R
AILE – R
RUDD – R
Swashplate Type (SWASH TYPE)
CCPM 120*
Timer (TIMER)
DOWN TIMER – 08:00

I also have transmitter settings for other Helis including the Exceed RC Blue Ray and Raptor G2, the EXI 450, the Blade CP+, CP Pro 2, SR, 400 and an E-Sky CPX.

Since your flying style preferences are similar to mine, I would recommend that you look into a Blade 450 (since the 400 has been discontinued) or a T-Rex 450 if you don't mind spending more money initially. The Blade 400/450 transmitter settings can be adjusted to make the heli very docile and easy to learn to fly on (I can provide some of my settings if you like). The main advantage of the 450 size and larger collective pitch helis is that the yaw control is vastly improved due to either a belt or a torque tube driven tail rotor system. I do not believe you will find much in the Fixed Pitch heli category that includes this tail rotor setup. Additionally, with the motor driven tail setups, you will run itn oissues with the motors burning up on you (this is not fun when flying and yaw control is lost!) Although I have the settings for the motor driven tail helis I do not fly them much because they are more difficult to fly and, once you learn to fly a good quality 450 you won't even look back at the smaller motor drive tail helis (although the CP Pro 2 with 245mm Carbon Fiber blades is an absolute hoot to fly)! The direct drive conversion kit, high power main motor, and high power speed controller are available to upgrade your Pro to a Pro 2.
One last thing; in general, the larger the heli the easier it is to learn on due to stability and control. However, this should be weighed againts the amount of money you wish to spend for initial investment and replacement parts. Also, most people will tell you to invest in a flight Simulator to get started. In the long run it will save you far more than what you would spend on replacement parts without practicing on a sim first... (been there!)

Hope this helps!

I would like to know how this info works out for you.
Craig9091 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade CP Pro swash setup help

Craig - looks like you know a ton about the blade CP series. Hoping you could help with some advice. I have a CCP 2 with the stock TX. I don't do 3d, just like flying around. I crashed and i'm rebuilding the rotor head.

1) i have the swash level but how do you know how long the linkage rods should be from the servo horn to the swashplate?

2) I tried setting the pitch to 0 at mid throttle my blades did not have enough pitch to lift the bird off the ground at 100% throttle. In order to get off the ground i have +7 degrees of pitch at 0 throttle and +15 degrees at 100%. I think this is wrong and was looking for some advice on how to correct this?

additional info - (the small blade pitch adjustments at top of the rotor head have 2 threads showing.) Blade tracking is ok.

thanks for any help!
skifreestyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade CP Pro swash setup reply

Question 1) How do you know how long the linkage rods should be from the servo horn to the swashplate?

Response 1) Beginning with the servo horns level, the linkage rods should be adjusted to center the rotor head on the center hub. As you said in your post, the blade pitch should be set to "0" at center stick in Idle-Up Mode (F.M. 1 on the controller) using the pitch adjustment linkages. You should end up with equal travel from center stick to full positive and center stick to full negative in Idle-up Mode (The Blade CP Pro 2 Owners Manual indicates +/-12 degrees).

Question 2) I tried setting the pitch to 0 at mid throttle my blades did not have enough pitch to lift the bird off the ground at 100% throttle. In order to get off the ground i have +7 degrees of pitch at 0 throttle and +15 degrees at 100%. I think this is wrong and was looking for some advice on how to correct this?

Response 2) It looks like you have an issue with your pitch range... +7 to +15 is only 8 degrees of pitch from center to full positive. As I said in my original post, the Blade CP stock head will allow for a maximum of +/- 13 degrees maximum, based on rotor head travel on the center hub. The Blade CP Pro 2 Owners Manual indicates a range of +/-12 degrees in "Idle-up Mode" and -2, 0, +12 degrees (low, center, max) in "Normal Mode" with the stock transmitter. My only guess here is that the bell mixer arms may be installed backwards (assuming there is a difference in length between the two ends, this could cause less pitch range).

Sorry it took so long to get back with you; I don't get on the forum very often.

Let me know if you resolved the issue, or if this information helps.

Craig
Craig9091 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Craig I have 2 CPs + a CP Pro Ibought them awhile ago with alot of tail motors main motors + various other parts. I installed a different rx But still have a 4 in 1 controller How do you tell what main motor you have + is the tail DD set up stock for the Pro 2? I have some money invested in these helis + I would like to get them to fly.I 'm not too much interested in the CPs but the Pro looks interesting. Thanks Lanny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in