Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trade gone bad. What would you do?

I traded my stretched Atom 5.5 for 2 rave 450s with a guy on here and here is how it went down.

He received my stuff (because I shipped priority) and sent me a text saying "hey, everything looks great". When I received my helis from him they were complete messes. bent mainshafts, bent tail shafts, stripped gears, bad one ways. 3 of the 8 spare mainshafts were bent. 2 of the spare main gears were damaged. there was nasty loctite goop all around every hole on the frame. EVERY boom support was broke off and glued back in. I told him of this and received no response. Before I got these I made a deal with a buddy who lives a ways away about them and he agreed to purchase the 2nd one from me. I sent him one and took about half of what I originally told him i would sell it for because they were in nowhere near the condition I was expecting. He took one look and was like "no way dude, this is a basket case". So today I send another message and he fires back with how he had to buy a new spindle and blade grip arms for the one i sent him. Which is really odd bc I included a new spindle and had new blade grip arms as spares. I asked if he would trade back and was told "no, youve already jacked with them", "youve screwed them up and are trying to stick me with them". I even offered to pay for what he claims he purchased to get my heli to fly. Still no go. When I asked him why he bought parts I included as spares I received no comment. Also I included new bearings which he claimed he had to purchase. Now Im stuck with 2 piles of garbage that need a lot of work and im out my Atom. Did I mention that all 3 servos in one were trashed and 1 of the 3 in the other......

Now Im sure I can get them both nice again....but I value my time and my money and these need ALOT of work and some money.

I wasn't going to leave bad feedback on here bc its a guarantee you'll get the same back, but I did anyway so I'm sure mine is coming very soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It might be good to post some pics of what you traded and what you traded for, just so folks here can see what you're talking about.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats a really good idea. I'm actually making a couple videos I'm going to try to upload to YouTube. Like rolling a mainshaft and stuff. Some of the little parts are hard to get a picture let alone of the defect. The video works much better
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you put what I traded u and not the things u already crashed. He waited two week sold one of the helie's got it back and now wants me to trade back. I don't think so. This dude is crazy.
Rod Hancock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I live near jman, and fly with him, I was the one that bought the second heli from him,and some extra parts to find out it had clearly been crashed. the main gear hub was trash, tail gears are warped, main shaft is tweaked, spindle shaft was tweaked ect....he txtd me and was having the same problems with his.... there is no mistaking that these helis have been in the dirt.... and no reason to lie or hide from it.... the Atom was a top notch heli and he got screwed end of story.
tbird187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I told you there were issues the next day I had it, I got no response. Ive literally had it 7 days now. I received it on the 15th. I tried living with it, but I needed to tell you that I was dissatisfied. Your arrogant and ignorant attitude quickly ticked me off. Im tired of fixing, buying, fixing, buying. I deleted your negative feedback right after I post the original post because I was going to try again to make this right with you. I wouldn't just buy something and tell the seller its junk. If Im a little disappointed, I rarely if ever say anything. Im very disappointed in the condition of these birds. Its that simple.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is what it is I guess. We have different opinions on what we see. Theres a lot of stuff here. some good some bad. I bet if put them both together and a few evenings next week I could have one decent heli wo a lot more invested. Wanted 2 like I thought I was getting, but Ill just have 1 with a lot of spares. I will live and more than likely my family will still eat this week. Just irks me how disrespectful people can be. Im over it. Thread Closed
Old 06-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you take pictures before you shipped? take pictures or video upon opening the bird?

I try to detail anything and everything wrong. If this is true, I would leave bad feedback...
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

There not telling the truth at all. He waited two weeks sold one of the Helie's that i traded him and now he wants me to trade back. The Atom he traded to me was in bad shape. It had bad bearings all the way around. It had issues with the motor. The motor had a very bad ticking sound when you spin it by hand that sounded like a bearing going out. I thought hard on calling him but i figured it would just turn out this way. I took the motor a part and found the problem. Tell these people you didn't know the motor was in this shape? It had three different kinds of servo horns and one of them was broken. The hardware to put the heli back together was missing. luckily i previously owned a Atom 5.5 and had bolts and screws. He told me there was one scratch on bottom of canopy and that was also a lie. The feathering shaft was bent and also bolts were stripped took a while to get them out. I had to buy new main shaft bearings and one bearing block were it was bent. You could tell instead of putting them in the oven he just beat them to get them out. The list just goes on.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to chime in here as I almost bought one or both of Rave 450s from jmancobra.

I contacted jmancobra regarding his ad here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=426359

I have exchanged a number of emails with jmancobra in order to find out the condition of heli/airframe(one with 3s set up and one 6s airframe) and what spare parts are included. Only issue he mentioned was the main rotor blades(two different sets) were used and not in excellent shape but did not mention any damages or issues for either helis/electronics. Once I felt I got enough information, I wanted purchase the whole lot but jmancobra emailed me back that he sold the 3s heli to his friend locally. Then he offered me the 6s w/ electronics with spares but his price was much higher than I wanted to spend and I declined.

Here is what I see:
- If jmancobra got damaged helicopters from Rod Hancock in a trade and he says they were damaged, I'm not sure why he was trying to sell(or sold) these two helicopters w/o disclosing the issues he is claiming here.
- Why is he bring this up now after he sold both helicopters and parts? What happened to these helicopters? Have the new buyers received the damaged helicopters from jmancobra and wanting to return them back to jmancobra? And now jmancobra is trying to get these returned to Rod Hancock?

Anyways, I'm glad I did not purchase them from jmancobra.
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you!!!!! Also the only thing wrong with the blades were grass stains when I traded to him. The rotortech blades had black tips were the guy I bought them from marked on them. He also had a new set of align blades? Where are they now haven't herd him mention them? Did he crash them?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

you mean the plastic 1994 align blades? no. ill send you a pic of all 3 tomorrow if you'd like. tbird has them with the 3s. I never messed with the 2s one bc I was using the 6s one. reason I didn't want to sell them to someone I didn't know is bc they would have been po'd. I was replacing parts on the 6s trying to make it nice but was falling behind on the work. I only have a couple hours every fews days to devote to heli stuff with a full time job, kids and all. Knowing the issues I was having w the 6s I told tbird that it would probably take some work to get it going and offered it to him for only $150 for a bnf rave. thats cheap. I told him to let me know what parts he needed to complete and I would see if I have them. He quickly realized that it was also a basket case, as I had focused my attn on getting the 6s to fly. I also let him know if he wanted his money back he was welcome to it. Look, I'm over it. Ill use both birds to make one decent rave with a ton of spares. We just have different definitions of good condition. I'm putting this to rest. Rod is not a bad guy. I never said that. His attitude when I expressed concern was just really negative and that caused me to post this. It is what it is. Im not hurting bc of this deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in