Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is this normal? hit TH and nano spins on ground

Put a new nano HH BL motor in, everything is completely normal on it, except when I land it and hit TH, it starts spinning.

Here's a video, I'm controlling with one hand and filming with another. I have put it in idle up mode and then hit TH, I was controlling the rudder a bit in the beginning, but the spinning at the end is only due to hitting the TH and nothing else. I'm not sure whether this is normal, or I might have done something wrong.

Video
neuroticindian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you mean the turn at the end? Thats normal. Either the tail or the main stopped spinning causing tailblowout until all have stopped.
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, at the end, forgot to write that, just changed it.

As long as its normal, I'm happy, lol.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My wild mcpx turn about 4 complete circles on th in iu. The tail motor stops almost instantly while the main takes its time. Nothing to worry about.
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it's completely normal. It's like a throttle brake on the motor.
gerdawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect, I figured since the BL is running much faster than the tail, it probably takes a while for it to come to a complete stop.

Thank you all.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

brushless motors just stop, they don't free spin like the stock motor, so the rotorhead grabs the heli frame and takes it for a ride before they both slowdown, simple phisics...picture two skydivers, one is spinning like crazy a few feet above the other guy who is not spinning at all, then the spinning guy suddenly bearhugs the guy who isn't spinning, what happens? suddenly they are both spinning now at about half the speed of the original first dude...

a similar thing is happening here only the rotorhead weighs a lot less than the heli so picture a spinning midget grabbing an average dude and it's probably a little closer to reality...

in a stock setup the midget never grabs the other dude...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try some micro bearing oil on all of the bearings. These helis can't get enough of the stuff or it will start to run rough and bind a little like what you have going on in the video. I have had a bottle of this niftech micro bearing oil for over a year now and only used 1/4 of the bottle and I use it just about everyday multiple times. It has a needle applicator tip which is perfect for squeezing into these micro bearings and it stops waste.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine does the same!! I think it was due to the rotor stopping abruptly and that it being a bl motor.. my brushed motor all lubed up is super smooth, the bl motor has dead spots most likely not the correct term. Like when the second hand on a clock turns. . . . . .

Sent From My Dx7 Flying My Brushless MCPX
splatt860 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
These helis can't get enough of the stuff or it will start to run rough and bind a little like what you have going on in the video
im inclined to disagree, a tiny amount is needed, any more than that and it gets sprayed all over the heli, attracting grit and dust, causing excessive wear and wrecking main gears...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethf8403 View Post
im inclined to disagree, a tiny amount is needed, any more than that and it gets sprayed all over the heli, attracting grit and dust, causing excessive wear and wrecking main gears...
A tiny amount in all of the bearings often, and yeah it can get messy, but it runs smoother than not doing it. I use a toothbrush to clean the heli just as often as I oil it along with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to wipe the toothbrush clean. No real excessive wear on main gears, but it will attract dirt if you do not get extra oil cleaned off of areas that it should not be on. Main gear teeth get black no matter if you use oil or not. I put it everywhere as in every joint that moves on the head and mainshaft bearings to cut down on any friction. If not the battery can get hot and wear out quicker, if it has to push through extra friction. Plus the heli can start spinning like in the video even with a non bl setup if anything is binding between the mainshaft and frame. The swash gets dry.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good discussion here, learning quite a few things. Just wanted to pop in and say that I had only flown the nano outside on grass once before putting the BL in. The problem doesn't exist when I switch to the stock motor, only with the BL upgrade.

This is what leads me to believe its the BL upgrade causing it rather than binding or anything of that sort.

Getting some good info on how to clean the servos though!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was pointed out by Dylan, some time ago, that for some reason, the HH BL ESC applies a brake when the throttle goes to zero.

This is just a simple screwup I think. It would be nice to be able to turn the brake off. A spinning tail is exposing one of the weakest links on the nano to whacking something, I think I could deal with spinning main blades. Well that's my opinion anyway!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatt860 View Post
Mine does the same!! I think it was due to the rotor stopping abruptly and that it being a bl motor.. my brushed motor all lubed up is super smooth, the bl motor has dead spots most likely not the correct term. Like when the second hand on a clock turns. . . . . .

Sent From My Dx7 Flying My Brushless MCPX
Yep, the dead spots are magnetic and just a fact of life
TTMR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah this happens to them all from what I have seen./

But thats ok because damn this thing can now do flips like no tomorrow -
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only time I've seen this happen is when my TX is low on battery.
ninja1900 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just lower the collective as soon as I hit TH, stops the spinning before it tips over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in