Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My 600 rebuild.. Next problem

OK.... I have the BEC wiring down... I used a xt30 to plug into 1 of the 6 cell packs. I will mark the packs 1 and 2 so I know witch one to use on each flight. As one will get more use than the other. This way I can keep track of witch battery to use so they share the work.
MY NEXT PROBLEM

I wanted to upgrade my gearing to SLANT main. I ordered a complete 600pro one-way bearing, hub, 112t Slant Gear and the auto gear...... Seems this is not a drop in replacement.... The Auto Gear is not making contact with the tail gear that drives the belt.
Did they change the Auto gear as well ???? Witch auto gear do I need for the CF model?
H60020 H60020A H60020AA H60020AT

Last edited by MGPTWEGB; 10-20-2014 at 09:33 PM..
MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No one has updated there CF or E model

Old 10-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPTWEGB View Post
OK.... I have the BEC wiring down... I used a xt30 to plug into 1 of the 6 cell packs. I will mark the packs 1 and 2 so I know witch one to use on each flight. As one will get more use than the other. This way I can keep track of witch battery to use so they share the work.
MY NEXT PROBLEM

I wanted to upgrade my gearing to SLANT main. I ordered a complete 600pro one-way bearing, hub, 112t Slant Gear and the auto gear...... Seems this is not a drop in replacement.... The Auto Gear is not making contact with the tail gear that drives the belt.
Did they change the Auto gear as well ???? Witch auto gear do I need for the CF model?
H60020 H60020A H60020AA H60020AT
I don't use the KDE slant gear upgrade, and I do not use a belt drive tail.

My guess is that the your autorotation gear is the new "Mod .6" drive gear. It changes the tail drive ratio from 3.85 to 4.5 - this spins the tail faster. And, it needs a matching gear tail drive gear.
But, finding a matching tail drive gear for the belt drive may not be possible.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The pro auto gear was the problem..... ordered the black 180T updated auto gear and it fits fine with the DFC/PRO one-way hub and the 112T slant gear.

The DFC Align dual arm tail update has been a PITA.... Ordered the hole dual arm tail case in a belt drive and also picked up the v2 Align tail rotor set. BUT the pinch arms do not come with ether part. You have to order the part with the round tail bearing slider and bushing just to get the tail pinch arm.
The stock pinch arm doesn't tread into the new Dual Arm slider bushing.....
I have ordered the right part and hope to have the heli finished by next weekend test flight.

HK side frames
Align FB head with CF paddles
Tarot Tail boom block and drive gear
I2 Main Blocks with the third block
Tarot landing skids
Align dual arm tailcase with the Align v2 tail rotor
I2 dual bearing arms ( from tail pinch arm to v2 rotor hub )
Align/Savox DS610 servo's on Cyclic
Align g3 600mm main blades
Align/Savox DS650 on the tail
Rotortec tail blades
Futaba GY401 gyro
CC ice 2 HV 80 ESC
AR8000 receiver with DSMX sat
CC pro 20amp BEC
Align 600MX 510kv motor 12T pinion gear
Align 112t slant main
DFC/PRO one-way bearing and hub
2 6s 2700mah compact batterys

This is the setup as it is right now. hoping that I have a nice flying bird with the updates.

Last edited by MGPTWEGB; 11-05-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 11-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tested the 600 today..... All went well with the setup and tuning on the first flight.
I set the blade tracking..... Only 1 turn on the center link... DONE !
I set the gyro ( basic setup ) gain
then went to a hover up 4 times to check the blade speed ( RPM )
I have a 11T pinion installed I'm at 85% and was seeing 1800 on the main blades. I know this is on the slow side ...... but this heli is bigger than my 500. So I'll need some time to adjust. So for now it will be fine for me.

after all that I had 49 % in the one pack and 47% in the other... yes the 47% pack was the one to the BEC. So I thought nothing of it.

After charging the two packs I set the radio timer for 6mins. I thought it would be a good starting place. Very easy flight I just hovered and pull up to check the tail kick after I saw it was ok I made a few easy turns and 8s always bring it back to the hover location. piro left then piro right ... then back out for a easy turn and 8's.
After 6 min's I landed the heli..... I did hit the tail blades a little.... 105mm rail blades... May need to go to a smaller tail blade. Anyway I had 32% in one pack and 35% in the other. I know the slower head speed saved my packs a little. But I should still be able to get 5 mins going up a little on the head speed.

I'm happy with it. still need to do some fine tuning.... and change the tail blades out.
What is everyone using on the tail ???? As far as tail blades .. Make ? Size ? need a good starting spot. This is a FB heli with a GY 401 tail gyro.

Thanks for any tips that anyone may have for this new setup.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have run up to 130s with my 800 stretch on the tail. 102's to 110s on the 700 version. And also strapped the RcTek tri rotor in place which runs fantastic with little 80s to 95s in place.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya the tail blades are just to big..... I'll need to down size. Just not sure what to get.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 things:
* If you are using the 4.5:1 tail rotor gear set, then use the 95mm blades

* There are 2 different land gear struts sold today - Tall (H60126) and Short (H70060). Use a tall on the rear and a short one on the front. that will angle the tail up and give you about 1" more of tail rotor clearance. And it looks cool.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the skid info and the tail blade info ................ I'll do the change to rake the bird and pick up some 95mm blades.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default its either or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPTWEGB View Post
Thanks for the skid info and the tail blade info ................ I'll do the change to rake the bird and pick up some 95mm blades.
If you are going to rake the bird with a taller rear skid then you can stick with the 105 blades. If you fit 95 blades you don't need to rake it.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Our flying field is a big patch of (rather uneven) grass. Now we do mown the lawn frequently but I still managed to land in the tallest grass possible. Consequentially I got really good in fixing the front TT gears. My fix was to change the tail ratio to the "old style" and to fix the T700 skids and tail fin support. The tail blades remained stock.
It fixed my problems completely.
I am happy.

Gh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your running the belted 4.5 ratio tail - the 95mm were made for that.

So now with that 112T - think that was meant to be paired with the 131t auto -
I would of gone with the 188T "Helical" main and something like a 16t or 18t pinion -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-Helica...item462b649e05

Pinion -
http://www.helipal.com/h55052-motor-...-gear-18t.html

This is the 131T auto gear meant to go with that 112T - which will not work at all with the belt gears - diff mod and alignment -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-REX-...item5414420ce6
-

Kde makes a slider upgrade that will fit your - where do you think align got the ideal for there's -
just have to buy the PTU-V2 bundle one to get all the pieces needed -

http://www.kdedirect.com/collections.../at550-600-ptc

Last edited by SumOFparts; 12-13-2014 at 07:32 PM..
SumOFparts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well didn't get to many flights on the FB 600..................
I did end up getting the Align 95mm tail blades.
I have started the FBL mods....
Cutting down the stock main shafts for the 3 bearing block setup
Tarot 600 Main FBL head block but using the stock Align blade holders.
A Robird G31 is the FBL controller.

I think I have a winner with this setup.!

Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well an update........
I do have the head together..... and yes I knew the link ball on the arm was going to be short to line up.... I was trying to find the Tarot 600 link ball arm. I couldn't find them in stock anywhere.....Oh well.

I have ordered the Align Pro FBL blade holders and arms. I also ordered the green KDBB dampeners as I was using the light gray Align ones witch are very soft. This should fix the alignment problems and with the new dampeners give it locked in feel. I'll post more once I get the parts in.

Last edited by MGPTWEGB; 03-19-2015 at 09:21 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in