Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Bobble hard banked turns - Trioblin 570

I've been living with a tail bobble (up/down) that I get only on hard banked (both directions.) It's a fast bobble much like you get left/right when you have main gain too high. It stabilizes after a few seconds and flies great otherwise. Here's my main specifics if anyone can assist:

Trioblin 570 12S
105m Tail blades with Sped-up 21T tail pulley

Main gain is at 38 in iKon and have played with it from as low as 25 and as high as 43.

Am I looking at adjusting PID gains in Elevator? Or Aileron since it's doing in a banked turn?

I've tried Tail Precomp at 3 & 6 (will be trying at 9 tomorrow) with little effect.

Thanks,
FlatCrank

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-520 6S, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Bobble is pretty much alleviated

Spent several hours flying and tuning. Here's what I've found to get my Tail / Elevator bobble pretty much gone.

To start off, here's my basic setup: Trioblin 570 12S
105m Tail blades with Sped-up 21T tail pulley.

Elevator Derivative Gain in Cyclic panel in Advanced Settings: Default setting is 70. I set Setup #1 at 60 and Setup #3 at 50. Bobble got better at 60 and much better at 50 but still slightly there. Tail Drag Comp is at 6.

Reduced my Main Gyro Gain from 38, in iKon, to 34. 34 translates to 44 in my DX9. Just FYI.

Next round, put Elev D Gain in SU#1 to 45 and to 40 in SU#3. Main Gain still at 34 in iKon. Bobble is all but gone at 40. I've left my Elevator Proportional Gain at the default 45.

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-520 6S, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in