Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2015, 04:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gpro Goes Nuts after Full Setup Completed

Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me with my Align Trex 600 L Dominator.

I set everything up in the Align GPro software v1.2 and it took me ages and everything was working perfectly in the software etc a few days ago. The only thing i did to my DX6i today was setup all the pitch and throttle curves in my radio for the idle switch positions and balance the blades and charge my 2S lipo.

I tried to maiden it today but as soon as i applied power to the gpro it was going nuts with servo jittering all over the place. The swash plate was not moving correctly to my input. When i gave positive pitch only the back servo would move but other times the right servo would move randomly. I'm using 2 DSMX satellites and rebound to Tx several times.

I have double checked all my settings but cant see why it would be doing this. I've been back in the software and everything looks fine in there, its just the swash moves not as i expect in any direction.

I when i finished the setup i choose "beginner" parameters.

Any ideas?
dodge_pheonix is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What are you using to supply power to the GPRO?
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2015, 03:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

A Zippy Compact 2200mah 2S Lipo 35C.

The battery has a XT60 and i have made a wire that has a mating XT60 connector and 2 JR style connectors on the other end that both plug directly into the gpro on the bottom pins of the Gpro beside each other.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds to me like you bumped a setting in the TX while changing your flight conditions. OMG is it easy to screw something up on accident.

If you're not super savvy with your TX, I'd recommend starting all over again. It will also make you better in the end and be a lot safer than guessing and checking a 600.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 04:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok

So a bit more testing i think ive figured out somewhat whats going on. My left and right servos are shot. one seems to bind up in one spot and will only release if i nudge it and the other binds a lot but sometimes moves when it can.

This is what what i believe is causing the unusual movements in the swash plate.

I figure my next step is to get replacements then take my whole setup to a club to have someone check it over for me.

Lucky it did it now and not in the air.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was going to suggest that you check your servos, seems now you have. Did you at any time initialise the FBL while the blades were still folded back into the blade holder? This is an easy mistake to make and will fry a servo or 2.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hate to say this seeing as how my Trex 600L will be here today in the mail. But there have been some cases of Gpro or BL815 problems. Either a bad batch of servos or a bad batch of GPros that cause the servos to fry out.

To narrow down your problem- I'd recommend moving the servos with just a receiver- no Gpro. See if they perform well by themselves. If the Gpro causes them to act up- Align will replace the motherboard.

I have my servo test station setup and ready to open the box and check both immediately. So I can return them the same day if need be. I'm gonna give those servos and Gpro a workout on the bench.

I love Align, but $h&+ happens. Especially with new products. Even MKS has sent out bad servos and got a blemish on their name.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Thankyou both for both troubleshooting my servo issues.

Allan, your previous post is actually 100% correct. Now that you mention it I do remember powering up with Gpro with the blade holders still on. Silly mistake to make but I guess this is how you learn right. With the blade holder on, 2 of the servos are locked rigidly in place so it makes sense they will burn out if power is applied. I think I powered it up just to check something but because it was not going to fly right then, it slipped my mind to release the holder.

Of course as soon as I realised I had the holder still on, I acted as soon as possible to release it, but I think the damage was done. I totally forgot about this fact because it happened so quickly and then the next time I went to maiden the heli was actually about 2 weeks after that had happened.

RC/DC I wouldn't worry about your 600L. It should be fine. This is not a Gpro problem nor is it a servo's fault but my own mistake of not releasing the holder before power up the electronics. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Allan, how common is a mistake like this? Also now I know exactly what caused the issues how do I resolve them? Can I just buy a motherboard or do I need to purchase 2 new servos or can they be repaired? The problem with high end stuff is it costs so much. 2 new servos are like $345 not including postage.

This was my first build from a kit and I have learned so much through the process. Its going to make me sick when I crash it for the first time. I haven't even got this bird off the ground yet
Old 03-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sometimes on these align fbls you have to do the setup a second time before it takes
after all the problems with the 3gx I personlly will never run another align fbl again

I would sell it now and get one of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-BAR-KBAR-3...item3a8cd0b880

Dont start bashing. I have 2 of them and they perform just as good as my 250.00 one from another maker. I even have the full size verion of this (golden warrior) on a 750 and its just as good as the blue or silver that is on my other 2 750's
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 07:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're not allowed to post about that particular FBL unit. Mikado will come after Will & HF if you do.
Gladius is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol. Yea the Fubar didn't last but a few months and got yanked from the market. I've heard Tarot is under fire as well.

The litigation takes awhile to take effect. But the cloners are under seige. From their original owners.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont understand what happened at all.

If you got the setup finished, your servos are working properly and your radio too, thats for sure cos its part of the setup process. The parameters setup are not related to servo movements or radio configuration, it doesnt matter at all.

I'd suggest you to do again all the setup process, and be sure in every step your servos are doing properly. After the setup process, before going to parameters setup, your controls should be working and your swash should be moving according to heli movements (to correct them).
Use the same power source you will use after, say 2s (I do use 2s without an issue).
Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

What happened is, I fried 2 servos because I powered up the bird with the foam blade grip holder still on

This was causing the servos to bind and act strange because they were stuffed. 2 new cyclic servos fixed the problem straight away.

All good.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in