Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 550X

Blade 550X Blade 550X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a class of 2 there isn't much competition though, just sayin'. The worst you could be is 2nd place. I didn't hate the way the 130 flew, but servo failures and crashless gear strippings (D hole rounding, not teeth stripping) were a bit of a turn off. I don't feel like Blade owes me anything, I learned how to fly on a few of them. At this point I have outgrown the need for one in my fleet but will look forward to seeing how this one progresses. Honestly if I was ever to be in the market for a big heli I'd go straight to a Logo but I don't see that day coming anytime soon. Good luck with the 550, to both Blade and the first batch buyers.
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Well isn't all that surprising Dave as you are the guy looking to sell us this kind of stuff, an get us to buy it.

Perhaps if you were the one of the ones who had to suffer through all the things we have had to suffer through with all the stuff you have already sold us in the past....you would understand.
I am an engineer, developer, and business person... I don't think anyone would mistake me for a sales person.

I am there providing accurate information to potential customers. I have flown the 550X and been involved in it's development from the beginning. Thus far, it has been very reliable (development was smooth and steady) and flies extremely well. The numerous folks who have flown it have had overwhelmingly positive comments.
It benefits from having many existing and market proven components on board.

I hope you get a chance to try one.

Enjoy,
David
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #83 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
I am an engineer, developer, and business person... I don't think anyone would mistake me for a sales person.

I am there providing accurate information to potential customers. I have flown the 550X and been involved in it's development from the beginning. Thus far, it has been very reliable (development was smooth and steady) and flies extremely well. The numerous folks who have flown it have had overwhelmingly positive comments.
It benefits from having many existing and market proven components on board.

I hope you get a chance to try one.

Enjoy,
David
Yup, same pre-release speech could be found for every helo everyone has been listing here with all their sufferings.

Why don't you explain why if that was the case for all those that all these people including myself are listing all they are talking about with those?

...or is the answer that am I just supposed to call support about that as thats not your department.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
dribbe, you're wasting your time trying to convince the haters! Just keep improving the product line, as you guys have been doing, and the respect will come, or not! Who cares? Oh, and release a 130x v2 and I'll jump on that bandwagon in a second, lol!

I understand your comment... I just want to provide the best most honest information I can to all the great R/C guys out there. I have been in this hobby and industry for many years and have a ton of passion for it.
We always work to build better and better products.

Thanks for your support.

David
Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
For starters, if you want to run gov mode a Kontronik Jive 80 hv will set you back ~$400.

Personally I would not run a 550mm bladed heli on less than 8-10s. So, another $2-300 for a good lower kv motor.

I would like to see the kit offered without the power system (motor, esc, and bec) for ~$400.

Overall, still looks very good imho.

Cheers,
TomC
I would say that is not needed to make it fly 'correctly' as the post I was replying to stated. That is my POV.

David
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #86 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
I just want to provide the best most honest information I can to all the great R/C guys out there. I have been in this hobby and industry for many years and have a ton of passion for it.
We always work to build better and better products.

Thanks for your support.

David
Quote:
I don't think anyone would mistake me for a sales person.
...actually really don't need to add anything to this one.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking good for you horizon

I say, GOOD for BLADE and HORIZON! I have all blades CP heli's, I fly them a lot. They sit on my shelf right next to my Aligns. I think its a great thing for them guys, moving forward in business and in life is always a plus. Send me one, Ill fly that baby!
Too many to list.........
GravityBlows is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the 550X looks great and will be great. If not, I'm sure that everyone at HH already realized that it would mean the end of the Blade Pro series. It has to be good or else it will be the last Blade Pro IMO.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a tip for EVERYONE who is constantly negative about Blade products. Stop buying them, stop complaining, stop attacking. The negativity is incredibly irritating to filter through.

I'm excited about this heli and very intrigued to see how it performs.
tyoung560 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #90 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
I think the 550X looks great and will be great. If not, I'm sure that everyone at HH already realized that it would mean the end of the Blade Pro series. It has to be good or else it will be the last Blade Pro IMO.
No disrespect SYMWAD as I know you're a good guy an not looking to start a beef with you, but that result has been the case for just about everything they have released but that hasn't stopped anything from them.

Bottom line is they don't need their stuff to fail or succeed in the literal sense on its own merits sake to make tons of money from it an thus continue on to the next thing as they have all the other underhanded behind the scenes guarantied to make us money no matter what stuff in place.

Basically all the stuff they have already made is the obvious proof of that what ever it is like, they will make lots of money from it and continue on very well.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung560 View Post
Here's a tip for EVERYONE who is constantly negative about Blade products. Stop buying them, stop complaining, stop attacking. The negativity is incredibly irritating to filter through.

I'm excited about this heli and very intrigued to see how it performs.
+1
CVFD02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
No disrespect SYMWAD as I know you're a good guy an not looking to start a beef with you, but that result has been the case for just about everything they have released but that hasn't stopped anything from them.

Bottom line is they don't need their stuff to fail or succeed in the literal sense on its own merits sake to make tons of money from it an thus continue on to the next thing as they have all the other underhanded behind the scenes guarantied to make us money no matter what stuff in place.

Basically all the stuff they have already made is the obvious proof of that what ever it is like, they will make lots of money from it and continue on very well.
I agree the micros have their fair share of problems, but I feel people know that going into them. I agree with you there. Heck, my mCP X only has stock servos, 3 in 1, and links. The rest is all aftermarket.

However, they went with a new name "Pro Series" for differentiation. I feel that they did that to get away from the typical Blade perception. I believe this "new era" is meant to attract all pilots. Even those who have never touched a Blade product. I almost feel it is a Toyota, Lexus thing. A Lexus is a Toyota, but have 2 different brand images. The Pro Series is still a Blade, but I feel it will have a different brand image just like Lexus.

I truly believe that HH and Blade will not screw this up and it will be perfect. This is the start of a new brand and if it goes wrong, "Pro Series" will die.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WBFAir - are you flying a 450, 500 or 550 helicopter right now? And are you flying it Hardcore 3D?
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some info on the governor: it's not programmable, but it does have a flat curve you can use to adjust rpm up or down, like a Kontronic according to James Haley.

(Currently exchanging fat-fingered text messages while he's at OHB)
David Eichstedt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #95 (permalink)

From the looks of it... looks like the predeccesor to a new 600.. This thing is big and heavy... Tray is big enough for a 12s set-up and the 130 amp ESC is a dead give-away........
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks David - I know some were asking on here. Another note thanks for make the 550X Pro Series a kit opens up the door a lot for everyone.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakozzz View Post
This thing is big and heavy...
Keep in mind our weight is published with battery, not without. As we've said elsewhere, it is bigger than a T-Rex 550. The extra rotor diameter helps to keep the disc loading manageable.
David Eichstedt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #98 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
I agree the micros have their fair share of problems, but I feel people know that going into them. I agree with you there. Heck, my mCP X only has stock servos, 3 in 1, and links. The rest is all aftermarket.

However, they went with a new name "Pro Series" for differentiation. I feel that they did that to get away from the typical Blade perception. I believe this "new era" is meant to attract all pilots. Even those who have never touched a Blade product. I almost feel it is a Toyota, Lexus thing. A Lexus is a Toyota, but have 2 different brand images. The Pro Series is still a Blade, but I feel it will have a different brand image just like Lexus.

I truly believe that HH and Blade will not screw this up and it will be perfect. This is the start of a new brand and if it goes wrong, "Pro Series" will die.
Oh I agree with you that this is attempt to try the distance ourselves from our previous bad track record to try to make the higher profits margins the higher priced stuff can get us.

But have been looking at this a bit today and for sure is not even close to the same class of actual product the stuff it is has been made to compete with is.

But just like the smaller stuff has always been the same, that won't stop them from making the money on it in how that would normally be the case for anyone else as all those others as those don't use all the underhanded behind the scenes stuff Horizon always uses.

I mean to give a example on the other side of it, look how they have keep the mini market from being a what ever is the best turns out what is the most sold thing.

And thus what has that done to what it is that people are able to get?

I mean I'm not saying that they will do that at least right off to the high end market, but their track record of break into a market and then do all kinds of messed up stuff to it but still ding well money wise in it all because of their other tactics is pretty self evident.

I mean just recently look at what effect they have had on the Phoenix simulator.

That thing was great and for a long time we were getting great and useful things in the updates and lots of new and in such a great variety in models released all the time.

Then Horizon got involved with them and look what it is now, I mean its not shoot at least not yet, but that last update was nothing to scream about and seems Horizon by how ever they have done it has turned that thing into a total selling tool for their products as virtually now all they ever release it blades.

Then also look what they did to Jr, used them to get 2.4 going and now that they have gotten such control of it, blew them off.

Also could talk about the Beast as I never saw almost any bad things happening when that was just the straight product, but now that the AR7200 came out, that section is full of issues and with the Brain and others are starting to really come into their own, how do you think what their effect is going to have on the Beast in the future?

All in all have never seen much good for anyone other then Horizon for any market or thing they have ever gotten into.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
Keep in mind our weight is published with battery, not without. As we've said elsewhere, it is bigger than a T-Rex 550. The extra rotor diameter helps to keep the disc loading manageable.
My Gaui is 6.1 lbs fly weight with battery... Looks like you could throw a bigger motor in that thing and a tail extension and some 600 blades pretty easy... C'mon.. you were thinking that too..............
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #100 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogupgo View Post
WBFAir - are you flying a 450, 500 or 550 helicopter right now? And are you flying it Hardcore 3D?
My helos are in my profile, as well also have the displeasure of having a $400.00 Cx2 shelf dust collector, and a 130X thats sure to be the same.

Tags
550 x, 550x, blade, kit, pro series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in