Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hurricane 500 Flies Again

Flew Hurry 500 plastic frame today for the first time in a long time. Used Savox 4020 1200 which is a little too small for the gaui 500mm cf blades, really suited for a 450mm. Motor flew hot and on my third flight bogged/overheated and landed safely but don't think I'll be flying this motor. The Savox 4750 1200kv would work great but have to buy cf frame set (motor 47mm od), of course if I buy cf frames can squeeze a Scorpion 4020 910kv I have on my bench from one of my X5s and not bother with a new motor. Know the 4020 is more power than the bird can take and would cut flight times, don't want to strip gears, just keep my hurry flying. Still prefer to fly plastic frames but it's that same old problem, can't get a good motor to fit that has enough torque.
bigfrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations! Glad to see there are still a few of these birds flying.
I think when you get the right motor you'll get even more enjoyment out of your G550.

JaggedEdge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's too bad the Z-Power motors aren't still available. The Z-30 1100 works really well in a Hurri running 500mm blades, and it fits in the plastic frame.

BTW, I still fly 4 of the old Hurri's. I have 2 short boomed 425's, a medium boomed one, built on a HeadHunter frame running 500mm blades, and my original plastic framed 550 running 553mm blades. It's too bad Gaui discontinued them as they were nice helicopters for the price.

I don't need the latest and greatest. I just need more time to fly what I have.
Align 450 Sport V2, Gaui 200, Gaui 425 x 2, "HeadHunter 500, Gaui 550, all Flybar'd

Jerrymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in