Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Quantum 4530-450KV on a 700?

Heli direct is running a few good deals. I have been rebuilding my original Goblin 700. It was one of the second set of kits when goblin first came out. Anyway I'm looking at a deal they have going on Heli Direct for this motor and was wondering if that would be a ok motor for me running on 12S. Wish it was the 500kv but this is what they have..
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

According to Quantum, that motor was designed to fit the G700 and G770. It should really be the ideal motor for your helicopter. Luckily, SAB makes so many main gear pulleys, you can surely find your desired rotor RPM.

That motor is 256.00 on Ebay. Helidirect is giving those Quantums away for 180.00. All their Quantum motors are blowout sales it seems. If it were me, I'd buy it today.

I have the 4135 on the G630 at 2160. It makes awesome power for its can size. I think Quantum motors are the bomb.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally would pass on a 450kv setup for a 700 on 12S. That would be a good low headspeed kv, but the Goblins tend to like higher headspeeds to avoid shakes/wobbles etc.

To achieve the desired effect, you'd have to run a large pinion to bring the headspeed up effectively dropping your gear ratio quite a good amount. As a result, everything will be worked harder - motor, esc, batteries, etc. You'll pull more amperage, run hotter, and your flight times will likely drop all other things being equal.

Will it work? Sure. Its certainly a tempting price, but I would stick with 500kv or higher on 12S for a more efficient running setup. JMO.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats a good point. With the stock motor pulley, that 450kv would give you a governed HS of 1962. The next pulley up at 23 could give you only 2052.

I fly my G630 at 2162 though in all out 3D. It rails. The Goblin will fly at 1400 if you change the head dampers and the tail pulley with the factory optional parts.

It'd be depending on your HS and flight time preference... But I'd agree it'd be most advantageous to take in the RPM from the voltage first and then reduce it with gearing.

Versus the other way around.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

That was my problem with it also, but the price was great. I knew it was not right for what I wanted so I passed. Got 2 pulse packs for $200 each. The 12s stick packs. Some good deals there over the weekend
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I run this motor on my G700C. Had to gear it up, as has been stated. I think I went with either 24 or 26 (I forget which), but I'm comfortably running 2100HS and loving it.
OnceYouGoJack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in