Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Furion 6 Notchy Grip

I can't work out one of my grips get a little tight and notchy when i tighten up the spindle bolts. I can tell it's going to affect flight. The other one is silky smooth.

The two normal bearings seem fine, I believe the ordering of my shims is correct, what else can I try?

Again, I can back the spindle bolt 1-2 mm on the wrench and it smooths right out. I just can't find the binding!
Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Dampers on this head have an indention for a washer on the grip side? If so I may have this damper on with the indention on the inside?
Blade 130X
Old 04-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My blue dampers are rounded on one side, flat on the other, I have the flat facing out.

Noticed the notchy grip had MA0324 on the wrong side of the bearing so I'll try that out next.

Found excess loctite on the other side that's not notchy, cleaned that up, bearings are not fouled that I can tell.

Maybe if I post talking to myself long enough I'll get it sorted
Blade 130X
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you're on the right track. If you find that you are unable to get it sorted, give us a call (406)245-4883 and we'll make sure everything is right.

The early black one piece dampers had an indention, but the later ones (when they turned to blue). Check to see that the dampers are of equal thickness. We did find some that were thicker than others, by a very small amount, but with the free floating head axle, this shouldn't have made much of a difference.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you don't find it, try switching the two grips around (swap everything, bearings, spacers, dampers). Then you can see if it follows the grip or the bearings.
spootman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Triple checked orientation of all the parts and still had a notchy grip. I finally swapped bearings on both sides and found a combination that somehow isn't notchy. It's a fraction tighter than the other side but smooth in general. I think it's going to be just fine (the way it was definitely would've affected performance). I also noticed I didn't have the e-clips on the washout pins so the ordeal led me to that mistake before the maiden.

Thrust greased, spindle loc tite, smooth action. Have a little notchiness on one wash out so I may order up a new bearing set, but since they don't move much I may be ok.

Next I'll make sure the tail is smooth, setup the AR7200BX, and wait on the motor
Blade 130X
Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the Triflow synthetic grease inside the dampers and on the spindle lightly for assembly. This won't damage the dampers and allows everything to slide into place and seat well. MA heads are very rigid. Use some synthetic grease and it should be good especially after a couple flights.
RobertAbles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in