Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 250 super combo W/ ino-lab

Heres a Video of a 250 i was flying with the INo-lab DS201HB. It was the first time flying in doors in front of people, So i was very nervous, I could barely hover.

dieselracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Talking

Nice flying i am using the same tail servo but have not yet finished the 250 waiting on gyro.I have been wandering if anyone was using the ino-lab on their tail and bonus i got to see it in action.It looked like it was performing well.Cheers for the vid.

Last edited by realhigh73; 02-05-2009 at 05:21 AM..
realhigh73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice flying Jose

I've seen some of your 500 video,s but this is the first I've seen with such smooth control, very impressive my friend!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the same servo with a csm gyro works well for me.
ETIII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the comments.

I got to fly another 250 with the same servo, but with a 401, and it really liked the 401. This servo loves the 401. The tail felt more locked in with the 401 over the Align Gyro.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Talking

I am going to be using the ino-lab with a mini g on my 250 still waiting on gyro.will post perfomance when i get the 250 in the air.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the spartan 760 gyro with the logictech 3100g (basically the same servo) and it's locked in great!
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey All,

Just an idea, as looking at the spec's of the Ino-Lab DS201HB they are not much better than the JR DS290/380G servo many use, aare we sure it's not the Ino-Lab HG-D261HB?

http://www.inolabservo.com/Products/...HG-D261HB.html

Probably not, but it just seems the servo mentioned is slower and with less torque than the JR and so it got me wondering.

Still, looks a nice setup and go's well. In the UK I think Robbe also sell a similar servo called the FS81 I think? Which is another one that works well according to other fliers responses.
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Talking

Hi Coolice, i do mean the D201HB besides having a little less torque than the bigger servos being used. I am trying to stick with something on the tail that is not as big as the kitchen sink and personally i think running the bigger servos people are using on this little heli is overkill.From everything i have been reading in regards to this little heli it seems using a bigger servo is optional, please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up Hard Time Hovering

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselracer View Post
Heres a Video of a 250 i was flying with the INo-lab DS201HB. It was the first time flying in doors in front of people, So i was very nervous, I could barely hover.

Yeah looks like you were having a tough time hovering you were all over the place Nice.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question trex 250

Originally Posted by dieselracer

well looks really good im a little ways away from that but i do have a question about your servo choice. i have that servo and am running it in a sjm180 and it is great for what i do with it. i bought the rex 250 super combo and have had problems with the tail from day one. i have pulled it apart oiled it made sure it is free and i still get WAG. I am running the original tail version. Are you running the newer tail version or the original one?? have you done any other modes to the tail(chinese weights?? cut the blades ?? etc,etc) if you haven't i guess i will be switching out my tail servo (STOCK DS420) and putting that on my sjm and using the inolab 201 on the trex 250 any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
Darryl
warhawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk View Post
Originally Posted by dieselracer

well looks really good im a little ways away from that but i do have a question about your servo choice. i have that servo and am running it in a sjm180 and it is great for what i do with it. i bought the rex 250 super combo and have had problems with the tail from day one. i have pulled it apart oiled it made sure it is free and i still get WAG. I am running the original tail version. Are you running the newer tail version or the original one?? have you done any other modes to the tail(chinese weights?? cut the blades ?? etc,etc) if you haven't i guess i will be switching out my tail servo (STOCK DS420) and putting that on my sjm and using the inolab 201 on the trex 250 any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
Darryl
I had no luck with the stock servo. I do have the newer tail hub with the single bearing on it. Other then that, i cut down the tail blades to 36mm over all length. I got the chance to fly the ino-lab servo with the 401, I really like it. On the 250 i liked it more then the align gyro.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by realhigh73 View Post
Hi Coolice, i do mean the D201HB besides having a little less torque than the bigger servos being used. I am trying to stick with something on the tail that is not as big as the kitchen sink and personally i think running the bigger servos people are using on this little heli is overkill.From everything i have been reading in regards to this little heli it seems using a bigger servo is optional, please correct me if i am wrong.
Hello Mate,

LOL, yeah I fully agree with your thoughts on the kitchen sink sized servo's ;-)

I'm the same, I was after a better servo but without the need to run what is essentially a very large servo when compared to the little 250 and so I went with a JR DS380G (290G in the US).
So far this little servo is running great and holds well with just the stock tail rotor hub and single 2mm bearings. At 1kg of torque it's also reasonably powerful to control the tail which is why many choose the larger servo's.
That's what made me wonder if you meant the other servo in the Ino-Lab range as it is impressively spec'd.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Talking

[QUOTE=Coolice;1113182]Hello Mate,

LOL, yeah I fully agree with your thoughts on the kitchen sink sized servo's

G'day Coolice, nice to find a more experienced rc pilot agree with me.Reassures me i'm on the right track, as everything i've learnt i've learnt from watching finless and ray hostetler videos both have been an invaluable source of knowledge in building and setting up any heli, flying on the other hand i teach myself. SO if you know of any lessons that would help me improve my flying, would be greatly appreciated.I have been able to teach myself tail in, left side in, right side in and piro's in a steady hover, on a 450seV2 still working on nose in DAMN YOU nose in.... CHEERS
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=realhigh73;1114899]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hello Mate,

LOL, yeah I fully agree with your thoughts on the kitchen sink sized servo's

G'day Coolice, nice to find a more experienced rc pilot agree with me.Reassures me i'm on the right track, as everything i've learnt i've learnt from watching finless and ray hostetler videos both have been an invaluable source of knowledge in building and setting up any heli, flying on the other hand i teach myself. SO if you know of any lessons that would help me improve my flying, would be greatly appreciated.I have been able to teach myself tail in, left side in, right side in and piro's in a steady hover, on a 450seV2 still working on nose in DAMN YOU nose in.... CHEERS
Hello Matey,

I hope your ok what with all that hasel you guys are having with the major forrest fires etc? Keep safe dude.
Over here in the UK we're battling snow and ice which is nuts, but better than the risk of being burned alive as I have seen on the news.

Yeah no, I do see the point of fitting one of these servo's from the perspective of having a good hold of the tail in flight, but can't see the need to have one so large when the model is as we know so small. Nothing wrong with it at all, but I'm trying to keep away from fitting such a large servo.
My little JR380G is holding very well in the hard flying I do and it's still a nice size, so fits and looks good on the tail boom.

A lot of peoples decision to fit the larger ones is to get the extra torque these servo's give which helps as the Trex250 tail is very powerful. I have been reading the Chinese weight mod threads with interest and love what benefits they give, but then can't get out of my head that this type of mod then add's extra stress to the small steel ball bearings, through added rotating mass, which in turn could then fail.
My models going great as it is so I'm very happy with it.

As to any tips, as ever practice, practice and more practice. A little one i use when nose in is to look at the tail rotor rather than the nose to make corrections as it will work with your stick inputs, eg. left is left and right makes the tail go right as it would do if the nose was pointing away from you.
Just remember though to switch when you piro out :-)

Also make use of your simulator if you can, while it won't give you the fear as such of flying your actual model treat as though it is real and try not to crash and if you are about to, try to recover from it and dont just rely on hittign enter to get anotehr model.

For me the simulator is a real tool, I treat it as if it is real to practice with and then out on the field I am more aware of what I need to do on the sticks to perform a certain manouver.
If anything I try to get on the sim before I even go flying in the morning, this gets me back in the groove and then first flight of the day is just spent checking the model is still ok from the previous session and I can just jump straight into learning that new trick.

We're all here to help buddy, any questions just ask ok.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

Talking

Thanks Coolice As soon as my 250 and 500cf are built i'll post some pics would be interested to know what you think.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by realhigh73 View Post
Thanks Coolice As soon as my 250 and 500cf are built i'll post some pics would be interested to know what you think.
Hey Dude,

Will keep my eye's open for them, but ping me a PM as well when you do.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dieselracer,

I am using the same servo with the GP750. Would you please post you setup?
1. What gyro gain are you using?
2. What delay do you set on the 750?
3. What distance is your ball from servo centre?
4. Are you using the straight or batman tail blades?
5. What are you endpoint set to?
6. Is it correct that you tail blades are cut down to 36mm?

Thanks
kyalamikid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalamikid View Post
Dieselracer,

I am using the same servo with the GP750. Would you please post you setup?
1. What gyro gain are you using?
2. What delay do you set on the 750?
3. What distance is your ball from servo centre?
4. Are you using the straight or batman tail blades?
5. What are you endpoint set to?
6. Is it correct that you tail blades are cut down to 36mm?

Thanks
I was using max delay on the micro heli setting. I used the second hole from the center using the round servo horn. I got the larger tail blades and cut them down. they ended up around 35-36mm. But now with the new ones they should work fine. I dont remeber the gyro gain, i dont have my DX7 with me. But i just set it like you would any other heli.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bert Kammer, Alan Szabo seem to like the kitchen sink servos, I am sure there is a reason to. Just a thought.... I seen a big difference between a 290G and a 3500G myself, guess I like the sink to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in