Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cannot get 13/14 degrees of pitch out of the head.

For some reason it seems I'm unable to get 13/14 degrees of pitch out of the head on my nitro pro heli. I have a friend who has the super pro kit and noticed his head is a bit different than my head which is the satin green-ish swash and hardware where his is very similar to the T-rex 500 hardware. I own the 500 as well and it seems almost as if I am able to get around 16/17 out of that head ( not that I would use that,but it's nice to have the leeway). I looked at his pitch and noticed he was well into the 13/14 degree range and he had room on the head block for more if he wanted it. I am completely maxed out almost to the top of my head and am only able to get around 11/12 both directions. I have followed the manual recommendations for the head and it puts me no where close to what I need to be for maximam pop durign a punch out. Additionally I have tried different lengths as well and at mid stick I am totally level with my wash out arms which i am supposed to be but however I adjust my swash arms and the C arms I just cannot seem to max out my pitch without binding at the bottom or coming way shallow in pitch at the top. My servo bell cranks are level at mid stick as well btw so I am all the more stumped on how I need to get 13/14 degrees both ways. Can anyone confirm any differences in the head between the pro and super pro models and maybe this is why I am experiencing such a difficult time.
Entityofme1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should easily get 13 deg.
Would you be able to take a photo of your head at mid stick?
How high is your swash sitting above the frmes? It should be about 18mm (I have been informed that 17.75mm is the thickness of a Zero degree tool).

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This might sound really stupid, but is your swash centered so that it gets an equal amount of travel at both extremes? It sounds like you are physically hitting at one extreme or both. I do believe the Pro swash is different then the Super Pro, however I thought that the Super Pro's swash was thicker.

Align 600N Super Pro
Espeefan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2008, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Cool

The pro I am flying came with the exact same swash as a super pro that we got in from align last order hmm...?

I have not seen a case where you can only get 12+-. I have seen 12 on one end and 15 on the other but never 12+- at both swash extremes (assuming you are bottoming the slide block with the head block and the swash with the bearing blocks and still only getting 12.
As far has throw goes I have 13+- set on my regular pro and 14 is possible just cant use much cyclic as it binds so I settle with 13. The super pro we have built and hanging I was able to get 13+- as well as 14+- but it does take some fiddling with the links to get it perfect for the 14 degrees at + and -. You mentioned you are getting 11-12 degrees both ways so it doesn't sound like your swash is way off center but if it is that close I don't see why you are not getting more at max pitch, are your servo arms of correct length? If they were it should be possible to bind the slide block at the top and if you are near center with the swash, you will get more than 12 degrees of pitch at the top. (if all mixing arms are level as u stated they are) Try looking over that real fast and let us know if you still don't see something.
Nankin Hobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the nitro pro here. It has the upgraded swash and washout. I'm set at 14 degrees either way. I think that you need to play around with the link lengths from the washout to the cage. So that centering the washout will give equal amounts of travel to the binding limits. My 600e has the older swash and I still get 14 with that as well. You just need to check the extreems with cyclic at the low point. I'm running 8 degrees on both machines. My mixing levers are set on the inner hole pivot mount. I think the outer hole will effect the available pitch range. Not sure to what degree but the geometry differences are there. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in