Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Helicopter Safety

Helicopter Safety R/C Helicopter Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Helicopters with razor blades -- Dr. Evil would be proud

How to get shoes off of your power lines: put razor blades on your main rotor blades:

Chopping Shoes Down 2 (with RC Helicopter) (1 min 30 sec)

Dr. Evil would be proud. Sharks with frikkin lazers.
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The outer cladding on residential electrical/telephone service is tough, but not THAT tough. Cutting slits in the cabling would not be a smooth move.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Probably not advisable but rather hilarious...The innovation gets a 10 the safety probably a 1...those razor blades would have put a serious hurt on someone had it hit them not to mention they did it over an apparently medium busy street.

Crashing is just a testament to your dedication to mechanical imbalance..Flying is not just an adventure...It's an expensive project that seemingly never ends until parts scatter around the crash site!!!
dmbthmb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it amazes me that idiots will destroy a helicopter over a pair of shoes.
which costs more the copter or the shoes?

and then at the end he wants to try it again with longer shoelaces
oddball1972 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What if one of the razor blades got thrown off in flight? Seriously bad move.
j bomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball1972 View Post
it amazes me that idiots will destroy a helicopter over a pair of shoes.
which costs more the copter or the shoes?

and then at the end he wants to try it again with longer shoelaces

Thats what I was thinking!! Nothing like retrieving a $50 pair of weather baked shoes with at least a $600 bird!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are some really stupid people out there, i once saw a guy trying to push a Wal-mart RC boat for his son back to land with a heli (think it was a t-rex 450 or something similar) heli ended up drowning.

It made for a good laugh, the guy was pissed!
Fudge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think if he used a Gasser or a Turbine Heli he would have much better results....Hey Bergen Got a loaner?

Trex 500 / /3026-1600/CC Ice75 /3G /Ds510's/Torsion 430 fbl's
Trex 450 pro/HK2221-8/ Ice 50 /HS-5065MG/325D's/Kbdd's
life2short1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You're right, with a gasser or turbine, he would definately prove his lack of intelligence with this stunt. rant over...
CanAmFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
There are some really stupid people out there, i once saw a guy trying to push a Wal-mart RC boat for his son back to land with a heli (think it was a t-rex 450 or something similar) heli ended up drowning.

It made for a good laugh, the guy was pissed!
I have seen that before also but the person made it work right with no incident. What i saw that cracked me up though was another guy trying to hook a boat and tow it in. he got the boat hooked with his PLANK!!!! and then abruptly took a nose dive from about 15 feet. the plane hit hard enough it went completely submerged for about 30 seconds.

Crashing is just a testament to your dedication to mechanical imbalance..Flying is not just an adventure...It's an expensive project that seemingly never ends until parts scatter around the crash site!!!
dmbthmb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really don't get this video one bit,,,, why would anyone waste a perfectly good heli?? I also don't understand the thought process behind the blades on the heli,, if that heli lost control due to a servo or other malfunction and came straight at you, instead of a regular beating from the heli (which would be bad enough),, your going to take some possible life threatening wounds from those razor blades. A big for me!!! If I didn't' care for the heli, I would rather sell it and make some money. I appreciate my helis too much to do dumb S%#& like that!!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbthmb View Post
I have seen that before also but the person made it work right with no incident. What i saw that cracked me up though was another guy trying to hook a boat and tow it in. he got the boat hooked with his PLANK!!!! and then abruptly took a nose dive from about 15 feet. the plane hit hard enough it went completely submerged for about 30 seconds.
That would have been funny to see!!
I love watching people do stupid things, is amuses me!!
Like there's a video on you tube with a guy jumping a heli with his truck, end up crashing at the end!!
Revo vs Raptor (2 min 39 sec)
Old 07-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another stupid video, but not as bad, because all this one does is wreck the heli and no chance of injury here. If these people don't care that much about their helis and all, I wish they would contact me and I'll take them.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades345 View Post
Another stupid video, but not as bad, because all this one does is wreck the heli and no chance of injury here. If these people don't care that much about their helis and all, I wish they would contact me and I'll take them.
Well they either have tons of money to blow in this stuff or are just stupid! and regret what they did after they do it!!
It's like when you do something stupid cause your friends are there, then you think to yourself "Why the #*!! did I do that?"
Old 08-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

That must have been intentional, you can see that the truck only went about two inches off the ground on his first pass on the ramp.... not even close to enough height to jump a helicopter...

If it wasn't intentional, they are just stupid. Actually either way they are stupid.
RAHH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
HF Support

Hmmmm...

Inverted hover? This guy has been flying for a while and knew exactly what he was doing. I'm with Blades345, give 'em to me! I'll pop for shipping!

The Cactus
Helis and MRs wrecked while-U-wait since 2008-05-27
Creaky Cactus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbthmb View Post
Think that was dense, here's what happens when you do that in full scale.

AMA #909181
http://www.davisbridgeaeromodelers.com
Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325, Thunder Tiger Raptor 50 V2, Hirobo Shuttle ZXX, e-Flite Blade mCX, & more. I've got too many helis..Naaa..Never.
mydartswinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both those video's are very old and originally had threads explaining them .

I don't remember all the detail about the first video, but what I do remember is the owner of the heli got tired of a pair of shoes that someone tossed over the phone line by his house .

I guess he put up with them being there for sometime Until someone told him it was a gang sign . This bothered him enough to the point that he just wanted to get the shoes down even at the lose of the heli.

The second video of the heli being hit with the revo was indeed intentional . The heli was built from donated parts for the sole purpose of being destroyed on film.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in