Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aileron servo noise when going up

Hello,

Just got a msr for indoor fun. Wow it's small and light. Good thing I had some outdoor runs with the mcpx, so it did not take long to adjust and fly it without touching furniture or flowers or me.

So, it's brand new, no crashes. Left (aileron) servo makes a zrrrrr noise only when going up. It works but it annoys me. Noise is amplified by canopy.

I will try to look tomorrow with a magnifier glass at the gears, maybe there is some minuscule extra plastic somewhere.

Has anybody experienced such a thing?

Thanks,
danb1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spray the offending servo with good contact spray. Let dry for about an hour. Try again and let us know if that helped.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2015, 03:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Done, no change. Also examined servo mechanics with a magnifier glass, found nothing obvious. Maybe something is wrong inside the servo motor (axle has a little up-down play, so when the servo goes up, the motor axle is more "inside" the motor).

The zrrr noise also makes the board slightly vibrate. Maybe there is something in the moving assembly I can't see.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

So it is the servo. Ebay seller was very kind and sent me a free replacement servo, which does not make the same noise.

On the noisy servo, motor does not make noise if disconnected from mobile assembly, which also looks smooth. Weird.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Servos this small can be all kinds of wrong and still not have a visible problem unless you have a tunneling electron microscope handy. Cool that the seller backed up the product and got you fixed up
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well maybe some day I'll figure it out. In the meantime the other servo (elevator) got... slow, so the noisy one took over, since it's still moving fast.

Think I'll have to swap the motors around to (maybe) get a fast quiet one and a spare slow noisy one.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another examination under magnifying lenses - it may just have been a small plastic burr on the big servo gear

These servos seem to have another small issue, the small plastic thing on the other side of the long threaded axle is press fit, but being so small it does not stay in place, creating servo slop

Would have been nice of blade to put two pieces on each servo (kind of what they did with bigger servos)

Tried to CA it in place, but CA went by itself too far and glued the piece to the servo body
Old 04-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

CA + RC = NO!

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2015, 01:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would be surprised how many things are fixed with CA on my 130x

My mistake was using liquid instead of gel CA on a very small piece (should have payed attention on that lesson about adhesion and cohesion forces)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in