Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450X View Post
Rick, here's the skinny.

V1 boards : Work perfectly for any brushless set up.

V2 boards : Only works on wimpy brushless set ups and even that is hit or miss.

V1 boards : No longer made and will soon be impossible to find.

So we either fix the vibration problem in the V2 board or quit the brushless game.

If it fixes the problem you will sell hundreds of these things , if it doesn't I don't know why anyone would even buy one.
i must be the only one with a v2 hpo5, thats crazy, is there anyone else out there with a v2
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would test this mount with my v2 but it wouldnt be a good test platform since mine has no problem running the hpo5 at 100 flat, hopefully someone else that has a v2 that wont work can give this a shot to figure out what to do for the v2. sooner or later there will be no more v1 boards
Old 02-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
i must be the only one with a v2 hpo5, thats crazy, is there anyone else out there with a v2
I think you are the only one with a hp05 AND the stock tail. Correct?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

no dual tail
Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
no dual tail
What frame are you using? When I had my V2 board, problems got ten times worst when I put on the 120 tail. That was with the RKH frame.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

mh frame, im running dual tail now but when that goes ima try 120 tail, hopefully it will be ok, if not i will get a new dual tail setup. it is a dual stock tail but it holds doing anything
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #67 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450X View Post
Rick, here's the skinny.

V1 boards : Work perfectly for any brushless set up.

V2 boards : Only works on wimpy brushless set ups and even that is hit or miss.

V1 boards : No longer made and will soon be impossible to find.

So we either fix the vibration problem in the V2 board or quit the brushless game.

If it fixes the problem you will sell hundreds of these things , if it doesn't I don't know why anyone would even buy one.
Thanks much. Hopefully a V3 brushless board is on the horizon that makes it so no one has to solve this problem. In the mean time, hopefully my little board will help out.
Rick
rdlohr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW!!! haven't looked at this thread for a while and it all went wonky..lol

For the people who have no issues, you don't need this part but that's no reason to bash it.

For the people who think the price is high, go buy a cnc mill, design a better part, stock material, market the part, give some away for free, ship them, sell them for less, If you cant do that then just buy one from Rick or don't buy one from Rick but don't hate on his game.

For people that don't think isolating the gyro is a good idea, It seems to be standard practice on most helis.

For the people who aren't sure if this part will work or not, wait for more reviews before you decide to buy or not, Ricks not twisting any ones arm to buy these.

So far it seems people are having positive results so I don't understand the drama here.
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
LOL, I don't even know what a HP05 is nor do I have a V2. I'm willing to let you try one though.

Rick
Im not against a person making an item and selling it as an aid to an ongoing issue. The point Im making is and by your own words You dont even know if this 1" piece of plastic will work, you have no data to back that up! All Im saying is at this point to charge $16.00 is silly, You aske me how I could with any integrtiy make a claim that this is nothing more than a placebo... Im asking you how can YOU with any integrity ask for that price with out having any testing or solid knowlege that it works? By your own words you dont even know what an HP05 motor is nor do you or have tested your mounting board on a V2 board. So I ask you again... How on this earth can you with integrity charge that price for what is just a piece of plastic.
Mr dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr dan View Post
Im not against a person making an item and selling it as an aid to an ongoing issue. The point Im making is and by your own words You dont even know if this 1" piece of plastic will work, you have no data to back that up! All Im saying is at this point to charge $16.00 is silly, You aske me how I could with any integrtiy make a claim that this is nothing more than a placebo... Im asking you how can YOU with any integrity ask for that price with out having any testing or solid knowlege that it works? By your own words you dont even know what an HP05 motor is nor do you or have tested your mounting board on a V2 board. So I ask you again... How on this earth can you with integrity charge that price for what is just a piece of plastic.
What are you looking for here? You said your piece and in doing so became an advocate for those not willing to spend their hard earned money on an unproven product. Good for you but, arguing that this far into the thread is a bit like . I wont buy a Harley because it's over priced but you won't see me picketing in front of the Harley dealership everyday.
flixdachef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr dan View Post

I made the part based on a sound proven theory. Everyone that has tried one has been happy so far. If people continue to be happy and continue to buy, I'll know have have produced the right product for the right price.
Rick
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
i would test this mount with my v2 but it wouldnt be a good test platform since mine has no problem running the hpo5 at 100 flat, hopefully someone else that has a v2 that wont work can give this a shot to figure out what to do for the v2. sooner or later there will be no more v1 boards
I'm good with offering up a mount for this cause.
Rick
Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was that not the point, was to give out some freebees and get some feedback on the piece? Where is all the feedback, I know the postman has delivered them by now, What about it Guys, the ones that got the freebees Lay out some feedback on thease little items. Everyone just needs to calm down.
Blade 180 cfx ,Blade mcpx
Trex 150
superjet112x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
Was that not the point, was to give out some freebees and get some feedback on the piece? Where is all the feedback, I know the postman has delivered them by now, What about it Guys, the ones that got the freebees Lay out some feedback on thease little items. Everyone just needs to calm down.
I thought about this idea a while back and got lazy and set the v2 aside..This thread is making me want to give it another go..I will probably order one soon...
Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
There were some guys giving reviews a few pages back and they were all good, my heli is at hh at the moment so I cant speak as to how it works yet but like mentioned above, this is based on a sound proven technique of isolating the gyro from harmonics.
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have yet to receive mine. I suspect tomorrow it will come in.
bl8zn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl8zn View Post
I have yet to receive mine. I suspect tomorrow it will come in.
Its amazing how variable USPS is. It was shipped with the rest on Feb 6. Let me know if it doesn't get there in a few days.
Rick
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Willing to offer a mount for a v2 board with a spin 16300? Have a c05 running fairly well but I've heard anything more than this is an issue on these boards and I have a 16300 enroute for delivery.
c3hutson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give it up Mr Dan!

Did you not see he gave out freebies for people to test at the very start of the thread? Are you just pissed that you didn't get one? That got several of them out in the wild and feedback as to how effective they are will shortly be incoming I'm sure.

Everyone is free to wait until that feedback is in, you aren't being forced to buy on blind faith.

You are really flogging a dead horse now, and I don't understand where your problem is in this... He seems to have done everything right to me.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just stepping in here I want to make clear that I am not taking any side on the debate that this thread has developed into.

This product is a good idea if the problem were actually vibration related issues as far as the V2 board is concerned.

But I started out with a V2 board mated with an HP05 and SR120 tail and tried isolating my board exactly this same way. I mounted a plate to the frame and mounted the board to the plate with various gyro tapes I had on hand. I tried a range from thin hard 3M exterior mounting tape to thick spongy gyro pads to the point that the cyclics became wonky and none of it had any effect on my tail issues. The spongier the the isolator the worse the heli flew. My opinion is the board really needed 3-4 solid mounting points to begin with rather than just the 2.

By the behavior of my tail and lack of effect isolating the board had done it was clear to me that this was not a vibration issue and after simply swapping in a V1 board the heli flies perfect just confirmed to me it's not a vibe issue but a hardware/firmware issue that is driving the tail wonky with higher powered motors and tails that can keep up.

I just read a thread that Roffey created declaring that he is done trying to make a brushless setup work with a V2 board after what he found looking at it on a scope. The V2 board is just too flawed for a brushless setup as I suspected all along just by observing it's behavior in flight.

My tail did not have a constant drift or any other typical sign of gyro vibration issues. The tail held fine as long as I either didn't give any rudder input or continued giving rudder input. Rudder stops would almost always overshoot and behave oddly during certain conditions. But otherwise held and behaved great. It is the rudder signal that is being manipulated in strange ways and not vibration causing tail issues. That is my honest belief.

This product or any other method of proper dampening makes perfect sense to me for people actually having vibration issues they want to isolate in this manner. But from my experience I seriously doubt it will have much effect on the issues plaguing the V2 boards with higher powered motors and tails.
Micro-Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in