Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #801 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloybender View Post
I see most of you guys are using the cc pro bec. I have recently installed one on my stock 600esp and have also wired one into my 12s 600esp (nearly finished, thanks for all the info) . I have around 20 flights with no issues. I just read that some guys have fried quiet a number of these becs. Should I be worried? Change it out for the wr Herc? I just don't want to smash my heli because of a $40 unit.
Cheers
Steve
Every component is subject to a small percentage of failures, however, I have approximately 250 flights since I installed the CC BEC Pro without any issues.

I'm so confident they're reliable so I have installed one on my 12s 700e too.
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #802 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambest View Post
just MAIDEN my trex600 12s today..very supprise 6min hover charge back 1200mah only (Lipo felt not use-same as before flight, ESC warm a bit&motor hot a bit but can be touch) and after that put a set of lipo for 6min mild 3D 2200mah charge back...COG if perfect...for me 3000mah 40C is the best felt a bit heavy for 3600mah but enough power...
Well done.

Recommend 4-5 flights to break the packs in, by hovering for approximately 3 minutes, to discharge the packs to 50% before pushing them hard.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #803 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just hit 100 flights on my 12s T-Rex 600ESP yesterday. Made a few changes about 10 flights ago.
Current setup:
Scorpion 4025-630 W/13T pinion
CC 80HV esc w/CC BEC Pro
Align 610's on cyclic
Align 650 on tail
Align 3G flybarless controller
Radix 600 blades non SB's
Turnigy 6S 3000 40c batts

At 100 flights I rechecked the IR on my LiPO's and to my amazement the resistance went down to less than 1/2 of what they were when I checked them after the fifth break-in flight. When first checked the packs they had IR numbers of 17 & 15 and after 100 flights they were at 7 & 6. This is with always charging them at 15 amps and staying under 80% discharge except for about 5 or 6 times I went a little over. These batteries are actually stronger now than they were new.
dfrazier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #804 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I received my pinion, I was wondering how you guys mount your pinion to the motor? I have my doubts if the screw would be enough. Would it be a good idea to make a small flat side underneath the screw, so that it wont rotate?

stef
stef110 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #805 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef110 View Post
Today I received my pinion, I was wondering how you guys mount your pinion to the motor? I have my doubts if the screw would be enough. Would it be a good idea to make a small flat side underneath the screw, so that it wont rotate?

stef
Recommend installing the motor with pinion, so the grub screw will mark the motor shaft, once the meshing height has been adjusted to match the main gear.

Secondly, remove the motor and pinion, file a small flat where the grub screw marked the shaft.

Finally, re-install and ensure the grub screw is tightened on the small flat of the shaft.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #806 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
Recommend installing the motor with pinion, so the grub screw will mark the motor shaft, once the meshing height has been adjusted to match the main gear.

Secondly, remove the motor and pinion, file a small flat where the grub screw marked the shaft.

Finally, re-install and ensure the grub screw is tightened on the small flat of the shaft.
Why is the small flat necessary? I've got about 60 flights now on my 12s and the pinion has never been an issue. Even with the small Mikado grub screws... they hold so tight that a tiny amount of loctite is all that is needed. Don't understand the need to file a flat on the motor shaft... are loose pinions a problem anyone is experiencing?
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #807 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I figure that if the force in that location is enough to crack off a 5mm piece of steel, there's a chance that it can move that pinion too. But go with your gut. If you're comfortable, then fly it.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #808 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
I figure that if the force in that location is enough to crack off a 5mm piece of steel, there's a chance that it can move that pinion too. But go with your gut. If you're comfortable, then fly it.
My gut is getting bigger these days... wish there was a way to lose weight and fly at the same time! Although I've combined the two just recently... I started taking morning walks with my wife and at the end of the walk, I end up at the field with my 450 and 4 packs. Its my "motivation" for the walk!
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #809 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my DS610s in the mail today and just ordered my CC ICE HV80...now I just need to order some batteries...

I'm going to start building up the bird now that I have my servos. Question, and perhaps I'll "get this" when I look at it closer, but how are you guys marking the frames for cutting to fit the Scorpion motor? Anything to be aware of, to watch for?

Sorry, I'm a bit nervous about cutting into my frames... It was easy to drill holes with the jig I got from AZHELI for the 3rd bearing block...

I had purchased a CC PRO BEC for this build, but now I've read quite a few disparaging comments about total failures with this unit...I just wonder if reports are being skewed because of the market share of Castle...they seem to sell a lot of stuff. Anyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 AM   #810 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
I got my DS610s in the mail today and just ordered my CC ICE HV80...now I just need to order some batteries...

I'm going to start building up the bird now that I have my servos. Question, and perhaps I'll "get this" when I look at it closer, but how are you guys marking the frames for cutting to fit the Scorpion motor? Anything to be aware of, to watch for?

Sorry, I'm a bit nervous about cutting into my frames... It was easy to drill holes with the jig I got from AZHELI for the 3rd bearing block...

I had purchased a CC PRO BEC for this build, but now I've read quite a few disparaging comments about total failures with this unit...I just wonder if reports are being skewed because of the market share of Castle...they seem to sell a lot of stuff. Anyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Pete
Recommend reading the last few pages for the answers to your questions as this have recently been discussed.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #811 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
Every component is subject to a small percentage of failures, however, I have approximately 250 flights since I installed the CC BEC Pro without any issues.

I'm so confident they're reliable so I have installed one on my 12s 700e too.
Cheers mate. That has put my mind to rest. Just waiting on the pinions to turn up in the post then my 12s 600 is ready to fly.

Steve
Alloybender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #812 (permalink)
Registered Users

search isn't working, I can't get my motor to power up.
usual set-up, scorpion 4025-630 and CC hv-85

futaba, channel 3 reversed,
the esc beeps a few times, then just blinks, no response to throttle
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #813 (permalink)
Registered Users

nevermind, it was the trim on the throttle
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #814 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just to share my TREX600ESP 12S setup..currently faced ESC setting problem..not yet test fly tomorrow maybe...borrow ESC from my friend at the same time wait for CC85HV or CC110HV...enjoy...

I like what you did. Very nice. My kit should come in this Tuesday. I have a question to your modification adding the front tray of the nitro to the heli. Will this add additional weight to the heli when compared to battery front mounted?

Thanks,

Mac
mac2047 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #815 (permalink)
Registered Users

i modefied this T700 servo mount and take out majority part of the tray so for the weight i dont think it's heavy..also when use this mount u can throw away existing lipo tray, rx tray&gyro tray...also u can use CF servo T700 mount as i've post previously by doing that u can lighten more...but COG is perfect...
sambest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #816 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default i saw a new main frame of trex 600 12s!!

PHP Code:
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\trex 600 12s 
imloo3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #817 (permalink)
Registered Users

where?I can't see it...
sambest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 03:42 AM   #818 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloo3 View Post
PHP Code:
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\trex 600 12s 
Think you need to upload your photo and provide a URL rather than a UNC path.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #819 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi rceccleston,

I just finished updating my CC 85HV to the specs you provide on page 1 on using the castle software link. I have three questions:

1. Are you still running those esc settings or have you fine tuned it for better results since posting? If so what are the changes you made?

2. Are you using the final version 3.0 or the new 3.20 version of the CC firmware?

3. Did you program the CC Pro BEC for anything?

BTW this thread has become my 12s bible. I refer to it whenever I have questions. I just wish it was easier to find the answers as it is becoming rather long. Thanks for creating this thread for us.

I should have my 12s in the air by end of week.
Trex 600 ESP FBL - Beastx
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #820 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just to share my TREX600ESP 12S setup..currently faced ESC setting problem..not yet test fly tomorrow maybe...borrow ESC from my friend at the same time wait for CC85HV or CC110HV...enjoy...

For that much of weight, is the cyclic response ok? I want to use 3600mah as well on my 12s as well with 620mm fbl. Will that be alright?
BruceHuang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in