Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep i'll be able to sort vinyl cut stickers out np - colour printing i cant do, but vinyl cut is game on (and multi colour vinyl layering etc).

Pheonix video wise - theres too much that can be done lol. tic-toc's, pirouetting on the spot upright and inverted. Backwards upright and inverted circuits, pie dish/funnels, upright to inverted backward 8's, upright to inverted pie dish 8's, learning the piroflip, 4 point tic-tocs, slapper, Auto's. The list is endless I'm more than happy to do a few of those for you now i've got a laptop that will run the sim well. Quad core i7 Biatch lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_beltcp View Post
Quad core i7 Biatch lol.
Holy **** that's far better than my desktop comp which I custom built from stratch (core 2 duo if your wondering)

How much was your laptop? What graphics card has it got?

What is the Phoenix thing for? Is it to go on the website?

-Jonny
Old 03-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ah what the hell mate why dont we start real simple, Invert piro wall of death with piro reversals, then pop on to piro tic tocs ( nailed! ) and a big dirt globe

Get cracking then lets see the quad core in full flow.

Yes Jonny for the website mate, Think Dennis is on the money
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's interesting, I thought your suggestion of starting simple seemed very sensible, to help people who are starting out, but how much can you show people about a hover. I mean I could do a hover for you on the sim, just, but what would I describe to people to help them.

Grant has chipped in, quite rightly, with an offer to show many things, in fairness he has showed them to me, and they have helped me greatly, nothing better than watching someone who knows what they are doing to pick up a tip or two, but the things he proposed are not beginner things. I mean, who wants to watch someone just tail in hover, surely it would be difficult to commentate that to be both educational and interesting? Then again, if he hadn't showed me piro flips, and I hadn't tried them for real today, my heli would still be in one piece, lol.

I really don't know Alex where you should pitch them. Of course there are a lot of things to potentially demonstrate, but there are already quite a few pre-provided, and much as I try I can't do most of them yet.

If you are to start from basics, which could be nice and helpful to a beginner, the important thing would be in the commentary, and how you descibe what you are doing, and how it is achieved, not in the flying skills that you were demonstrating.

Anyway, not much help on the matter, but at least some thoughts.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
It's interesting, I thought your suggestion of starting simple seemed very sensible, to help people who are starting out, but how much can you show people about a hover. I mean I could do a hover for you on the sim, just, but what would I describe to people to help them.

Grant has chipped in, quite rightly, with an offer to show many things, in fairness he has showed them to me, and they have helped me greatly, nothing better than watching someone who knows what they are doing to pick up a tip or two, but the things he proposed are not beginner things. I mean, who wants to watch someone just tail in hover, surely it would be difficult to commentate that to be both educational and interesting? Then again, if he hadn't showed me piro flips, and I hadn't tried them for real today, my heli would still be in one piece, lol.

I really don't know Alex where you should pitch them. Of course there are a lot of things to potentially demonstrate, but there are already quite a few pre-provided, and much as I try I can't do most of them yet.

If you are to start from basics, which could be nice and helpful to a beginner, the important thing would be in the commentary, and how you descibe what you are doing, and how it is achieved, not in the flying skills that you were demonstrating.

Anyway, not much help on the matter, but at least some thoughts.

Cheers

Sutty
Sutty your pretty much on the right track of where this is going, its not supposed to be about showing any flying skills as such more a guide to help people progress onto other things they may not of tried, Hovering is pointless as you quite rightly say after all you cant teach someone that on a sim! its meant to be for those past hovering in all orientations up right and inverted so basically sports flyer's wanting to progress to the next stage. When i was at that point the biggest thing was flow, that is getting things flowing smoothly having presets in my head about things to try next as a follow on move with each one having an added degree of difficulty added to it.
Quite right though that it is the commentary that is important to be able to convey what is needed no more no less and hope that it helps others progress to.
I know there are other videos out there but that's unimportant at least to me there not mine.

lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What would be truely awesome would be a video of a given move, with a small picture-in-picture in the bottom corner, with the PiP showing the TX so you can see the stick moves required. Would require, I imagine, some serious pro video editing software, and very precise editing to make sure everything was fully synchronised, but can you imagine how useful that would be, especially being able to play it back in slow-mo???
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is already a feature in Phoenix. Just select View, Displays, Show/Hide Controller. Any recording made by a friend, or otherwise, can then be viewed with stick movements. As you say, very useful. I use it all the time on the vids I get from people.

Cheers

Sut
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, Sutty! Looks like I have a lot to learn about Phoenix, when mine arrives from Alex (just ordered )
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with you Sutty and Alex...

If you look at the website. The whole thing is aimed towards the moderate to experienced flyer. I don't think there is any material on there that a beginner would need to see.

This is not a bad thing, more a good thing. I think the content aimed towards the moderate to experienced flyers suits the very professional look to the website also.

There's no messing around with this website. It looks professional and looks like it's owned by people who take the hobby seriously, and will be taken seriously by the users that visit it.

-Jonny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in