Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC edge 50 set rpm governor mode with 3GX

Im using a CC edge 50 with a trex 450L ,Can I use set rpm gov mode without using the aux wire or a Governor channel on the Radio? I dont think the 3gx has an extra channel for the gov...I will use gov high if I have to but would rather use the set rpm feature...
dnman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnman View Post
Im using a CC edge 50 with a trex 450L ,Can I use set rpm gov mode without using the aux wire or a Governor channel on the Radio? I dont think the 3gx has an extra channel for the gov...I will use gov high if I have to but would rather use the set rpm feature...
Yes, the internal ESC governor doesn't use the aux wire. That is only if you are using an external governor within a FBL unit and not the ESC.

Use the set RPM, and choose your three RPM ranges (don't forget to plug in your pack voltage and gearing info) You will always use a flat 30% 70% and 100% curve in the TX. Gov mode in TX has no meaning here and isn't used.

Make sure you have done the ESC end point calibration using fixed end points before setting up the governor.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok Thanks for the reply.One more question I have a DX7s radio and it only has throttle hold ,normal mode and stunt 1.The CC 50 has the 3 settings 30 70 100 .Im confused how to set it up.can I just use 2 of the 3 settings ? I want throttle hold with o throttle , normal governed at 2800 or throttle curves only and stunt 1 at 3000 rpms...Also I havent seen setting in the cc software for setting the endpoints but I didnt look for it...How acurate do you think the rpms are software vs real headspeed...thanks.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok Thanks for the reply.One more question I have a DX7s radio and it only has throttle hold ,normal mode and stunt 1.The CC 50 has the 3 settings 30 70 100 .Im confused how to set it up.can I just use 2 of the 3 settings ? I want throttle hold with o throttle , normal governed at 2800 or throttle curves only and stunt 1 at 3000 rpms...Also I havent seen setting in the cc software for setting the endpoints but I didnt look for it...How acurate do you think the rpms are software vs real headspeed...thanks.
They are extremely accurate, as they are based on your actual motors RPM and gearing. The ESC knows exactly how many RPMs the motor is turning as its in control of it.

You don't set the endpoint using the software. You do it using your TX. Look up at the top of this forum for the. Castle quick tip videos, and there are also end point setting documents on the Castle website. This much be done before doing anything with the governor.

TH won't come into play with your governor settings, and is set up like it always is. You will only be able to set two RPMS with your TX which will be fine. You will use a 30% flat TC for one and 70% flat TC for the other. Just ignore the third setting since you don't have another IU mode, or you can plug the same 3000 RPM values you have in number two as it will do nothing anyway.

Its easy to test if the governor is working running it up on the bench without blades and checking to see if the RPM changes when you switch flight modes.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, your replies answered all my questions...Cant wait to get it all setup ...this is my first FBL and having great luck with it so far...lots of hours invested but seems easy now...
Old 02-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks, your replies answered all my questions...Cant wait to get it all setup ...this is my first FBL and having great luck with it so far...lots of hours invested but seems easy now...
You will love the FBL setup and also the governor if you haven't ever used one! I switched to governor several years ago and never looked back. No worries about headspeed changing or bogging the motor as long as its set up properly and you are geared correctly.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ok Thanks for the reply.One more question I have a DX7s radio and it only has throttl

I set my DX7s up like this (link below) gives you 4 settings for idle up. Works perfectly on my 550 DFC with the Talon 90 and On my 450x with the Edge 50.

DX7s 4 Position Idle up (6 min 12 sec)
FlyNmonkeyNutz423 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can I set normal, set governor, to 0-30-30-30 and ST1 to 70-70-70-70
Old 02-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Can I set normal, set governor, to 0-30-30-30 and ST1 to 70-70-70-70
That will work
Old 02-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hej i,m a bit confused here about governor.ok we have 3 governor. one in the ikon fbl unit , one in the ESC and the other one probabely in transmeter right ? så how to disable the others and use the Castle edge 50,s gov?I was almost get crashed about this confusion. Apre
ciate any help here.
Al3000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC edge 50 set rpm governor mode with 3GX

1. Do not have ANY gov setting in the Ikon clicked
2. Calibrate your throttle endpoints on the Castle ESC via high/low stick procedure
3. Program the ESC to what headspeeds you want for Normal-IU1-IU2 via the Castle Link Software on the computer
4. Set throttle flat throttle curves in radio for 30-70-100% for Normal-IU1-IU2...

---- you don't mess with ANY Gov parameters in your transmitter, just throttle curves for Normal-IU1-IU2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in