Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by razeyoshi View Post
NOW THATS ONE SWEET LOOKING MACHINE ! - - - BLOODY SHOW-OFF ! - - :-P :-D - I'm jealous ! ! !
Flip465 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default Hc 500 with new canopy

I think this new Canopy really makes this bird look nice

Jag72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks really good!!
Tag1260 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm trying to get the wife to get me a kit for X-Mas this year. Are the builds on these easy? I have a HDX450SE now with a Futaba 7C so I know what I'm doing for the most part, but curious to see if there is anything else I should know going into this build? I see that HeliDirect has the Kit with motor for only $335. Thats pretty good right? Thanks, Joe
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's mine, minus the motor (will have it in the air in few days).

spootman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where's the pics hahaha
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Squeaky clean build. Looks great. Let me know how it looks in the air with that blue canopy. If you fly against trees it should be good, otherwise i wonder if you could loose it in the sky.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

Should be visible regardless... Everything on the heli is black. But then again, everyone's eyes are different.

Great looking build though, very clean. Don't know how you managed to get the servo lines the way you wanted them.. I just bought some for my 450, what a pain.. About as flexible as a hard-up wang.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah thats a hell of a job you did on that heli, very clean.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe for young eyes. I need my helis as bright at I can get them! Hell, I need bifocals to read whats printed on the receiver and speed controls now!! Don't get old, it sucks. The mind still wants to, the body just doesn't respond like it used to. Found that out trying to jump ramps with the kids BMX bike the other night, knees are still hurting.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I like brite color heli's also... flourescent orange works well for me...
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I hear ya on the bmx part. I stopped that about 2 years ago. Use to be real big into dirt jumping, 10-15ft gaps but had to stop, my body just can't take it anymore. Plus if I get hurt, who's going to pay the bills? So I got back into my rc hobbies. More expensive, but at least I'm not getting beat up, just my wallet. hahaha
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

Here is my HDX500 SAH, now a HC500. Only thing left is the Seesaw cadge and stabilizers.

And yes, it's that polished and shiny my frame sides are reflecting the blanket. LOL

Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice looking. Hows the flying feel since the upgrades to the HC version?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #35 (permalink)

Thanks!

Same as it's always been, docile to seriously responsive with the flick of the stick.

The 140T gear definitely made my temperatures come down a lot. Other then that the HC isnt anything more in function then a Regular new HDX SAS/SAH other then just more practical design in the frame sides (more meat way better!). Definitely a fan of the new appearance.

Just need to replace my stabilizers and get a Scorprion motor when I can make this one bog, which may not be long, I've already had to upgrade my 450's motor cuz it couldn''t keep up to my 3D no more. (which is a awesome sign of progress!)
Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hahaha I hear ya on the motor bit. Granted I'm not there yet with all the 3D stuff but soon I hope I can say the same. Good luck with the 500
Old 10-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

Keep at it.. I fell into accidentally.. I only know my tail-in orientation and I'm doing inverted hovers, inverted piro's flips, loops and rolls, trying tic-tocs but not pushing it yet.. LOL
Old 10-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I plan on being there soon. I finally got my Futaba 7C dialed in I think, maybe a few minor adjustments but for the most part everything seems solid on my HDX450. I'd like to drop in some Ino-Lab MG servos. Right now I'm running the TowerPro 9g's and I can't stand changing out the servo gears all the time. They break way too easy. I understand that metal gear servos are tough and will cause something else to break in a crash but I'm guessing all that can really be is possibly the linkages, which are cheaper and eaiser to replace. hahaha So I guess we'll see.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #39 (permalink)

I was into the SG90's too when I got my HDX450 built all those months ago. They stripped in the most minor of blade strikes. VERY costly and annoying since at the time SG90 gear replacements were impossible to find for me and I had to buy new servos every time.

Got some MG90's which is the same thing but more torque, faster and all metal gear'd. Been using them since and damn I love them. Not one stripped.

All that gives in a crash is the horns.. that's all.. Sometimes in the bad crash you'll crack a servo case which is minor. Especially when the case is $2 and a new servo $12.

Would like some Hitec 65 MG's though, love the Hitec 82MG's I got in my 500. I have a spare set all brand new, too, wish I could trade them up for some 65MG's for my 450 though.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where can I find the MG90's? Can you please post a link. Thanks, Joe.

I talked to the guys from HeliDirect and they said the Ino-lab MG servos are nice but not at $35 a piece. So to get some MG Towers would be awsome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in