Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New product announcement

https://www.facebook.com/events/1588434484784979/

Am I silly for hoping it is a helicopter?

Maybe it's a gyrocopter?
felixthemaster is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks .. entered the contest.
BrokeDad is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Word is, after 30 years, they are going to release a heli that we don't have to beta test - truly a first for HH
toys2cars2toys is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Listen to the vid, I hear small props rapidly changing speed, so no heli.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

IŽll bet my soul it is not a heli.

Crazy guess a vector thrust racing quad...
jorgeurizar is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got it !!!!! a collective pitch quad.
Nytro97 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade doesn't make new helicopters. They only take current versions, discontinue them, change it a little and re-introduce as something new.

For you guys that haven't yet, one day you will break away from Blade, and they are going to help you by not producing anything worth a crap for successive years, and you are going to finally realize that you have been trapped in Blade hell. A place where you thought average heli's were good ones since you had nothing to compare it to. And finally, forced to learn something about helis other than tinkering with poorly built helis with even poorer electronics.

Make the break now, buy ANY kit or non-Blade product and see what you have been missing!

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Blade doesn't make new helicopters. They only take current versions, discontinue them, change it a little and re-introduce as something new.

For you guys that haven't yet, one day you will break away from Blade, and they are going to help you by not producing anything worth a crap for successive years, and you are going to finally realize that you have been trapped in Blade hell. A place where you thought average heli's were good ones since you had nothing to compare it to. And finally, forced to learn something about helis other than tinkering with poorly built helis with even poorer electronics.

Make the break now, buy ANY kit or non-Blade product and see what you have been missing!

Slightly over generalism but there is a lot of truth in what you say

I learnt on Blades and they served me well, luckily I didn't fall into the bling trap. I then 100% swapped to Align, my Trex 250 was unbelievably better than my Blade SR and B400, then another quantum step when I upgraded the 250 to FBL then more to DFC. A similar story with 450 size

I also have various non Blade quads of differing sizes and function

but then.... I bought a Blade 200QX quad as it was a nice size, then a Micro Inductrix for indoors, then an Inductrix 200 for garden fpv, then A Blade 230S for lazy low maintenance parkflying, upgraded the 200QX, Inductrix 200 and the 230S

Damm what have I done!! but I've learnt that Blade do have a place in my fleet, but they have a definite ceiling - above that, then it's fools money to try to improve Blade performace
toys2cars2toys is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=jrman83;7148095]Blade doesn't make new helicopters. They only take current versions, discontinue them, change it a little and re-introduce as something new.

Yes, Blade has had their share of releasing some problematic models in the past. But they have really improved their game in my opinion.. They have aimed many of the models to the masses and at a price point. That's what brought me back after a 20year Hiatus. (mCPx)
There are fliers that are trying to use trainer machines for hard 3D which the heli was not designed to be and then bitch about it when it has a failure or when the stupid tail doesn't hold.
If someone is hard 3D flyer buy a high performance machine that can keep up with you and pay for it.
There are many models out there and they are designed for different kinds of flyers and flying styles, do the research and pick the one that fits your experience and what you want to do.
I don't think it is fair to say that Blade has not released "new" models. The 180cfx, 230s,270cfx,360cfx are not new machines ? with new electronics and fly bar controllers things are changing.
I have a 270cfx and it is an absolute great flyer and with great QC and electronics. I am a sport flyer and have lowered the rates for my flying style. I was worried about the disk loading because it is a 3D machine, but it is perfect in size and performance. I bought it for $332.00 with multiple discounts and for what I got it can't be beat. To do a kit it will cost $600.00. There is a difference between need and want and it is what ever your budget allows and what you want to do.

I would be more concerned about the RC helicopter economy. There are more companies going out than NEW coming in. I am afraid more brands are going to disappear, then more flyers will have an obsolete and discontinued model.
Nytro97 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like a multi rotor maybe bigger than 250 and maybe collective pitch.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Or, charge high prices for helis cobbled together from old discontinued helis instead of giving people because of a huge lack expense in designing/developing new parts. Instead, Blade applies new pricing to piles of those old (Blade SR, 300X, 300CFX, etc) parts rotting away in a warehouse.
Mike680 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will admit that Blade fits a certain niche where they are good and it is in the learning category and the 230, 250 and soon to be the resigned 200 fit there. Don't think they will have much beyond that. And I don't consider the 270 in this as it is new, but the discussion is on something coming out soon. The 270 is old in that respect. They can make me eat my words if they produce something other than something not off of the 200 design, which I consider the 230 and 250 as, as they are just a single step up each. And don't get me wrong, they did very well in the 230.

I mean, what can they do that they haven't already done and seemingly failed at since they discontinued most of their heli line?

They can produce something awesome and all I would want to do is put my own electronics in it and have less reliability issues. How many 270 servos and motors have already been replaced or need to be replaced before anyone realizes that the package was pretty good out of the box until it wasn't? I have read about many servo and motor problems and it's not the only model. 230 is about the only one that doesn't have that issue. In the long run a $600 kit that doesn't require modification in order to be reliable is cheaper when many kits require nothing even if you buy middle of the road electronics.

Let me step off of my soapbox for now

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Old 10-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd love to see them tackle a tilt rotor model of something like the V-22 Osprey.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
I'd love to see them tackle a tilt rotor model of something like the V-22 Osprey.
Sounds very cool.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sounds very cool.
You know what's cool? That little twin EDF A-10 Warthog they just announced. If it proves itself to be good for the first people who jump on it, I'll definitely be getting one.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
You know what's cool? That little twin EDF A-10 Warthog they just announced. If it proves itself to be good for the first people who jump on it, I'll definitely be getting one.
Ive also been eying that A10 wart hog , looks so cool . I have a habu 180s that I love , and I'm normally a Heli guy...
ks9818 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Ive also been eying that A10 wart hog , looks so cool . I have a habu 180s that I love , and I'm normally a Heli guy...
I have the newer Navy Habu version with SAFE, too. It's a pretty cool little jet, but the flight times suck. I can't even get four minutes. Did you see the video of the A-10? The said on a 2S 800mAh battery they were getting 5-5.5min flights with the throttle wide open and 8-9 minute flights just flying around normally. That's awesome. Looks like it has a lot more power, too. I can't even get my Habu to do one clean loop without diving for it to build momentum.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Entered. Thank you for the link.
megawhacker is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Too late. The contest just ended. They were live on Facebook.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

What was the announcement? A newly designed quad?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in