Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quest and Kyosho

Quest and Kyosho Kyosho Caliber, Kyosho Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Isn't anyone having problems with his C5?

Almost no posts about the Caliber 5 here? Does anyone have a problem with it or did they design a perfect heli?
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes i have one big prroblem ! It's rainning and it's cold out, no flying for me. .
But i have had one problem, the clunk lines in both tanks were crapp, so replaced them with some black lines and they were even worse. But it's been flying just fine.
This is my first glow powered heli and i am only on ff #12 I hoverd for a gallon and a half.
I would say so far it is the perfect heli ! :?:
Maxx26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Problems, let me see. Oh yes, the fuel lines were getting bad, so I am glad that I checked them and changed them out. Also, the spindle came out of the head. See my other post. That was exciting. However, most of my other problems have been learning problems. Not having had a helicopter before, I do not know what is right and what is wrong with the Cal5. All I know is that they are supposed to hover, go forwards and back and so on. Mine seems to do that, so I assume all is well. With the heli anyways, not so much with the pilot. I am installing my new blade grips, spindle, thrust bearings and so on this Sunday at work since I have duty. ANy advice on that would be nice.
I see that the Raptor, while a good bird with lots of part supports seems to require upgrades straigth out of the box. Is that correct or are people just going for the bling factor? Ans as to the bling factor, has anyone upgrades their Cal5 with the Version M head? I see that it is all metal and has the flybars over the main blades, similar to the Raptor. Does that make any difference or is it just manufacturer preference?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When you have finished flying for the day, refuel, disconnect muffler pressure line, defuel. This expells exhaust gasses from the tank. Exhaust gasses are corrosive and eat your clunk lines.
kiwiflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ad my Caliber 5 for almost 4 months now. and I have come across very few problems associated with the helicopter itself. I did find that the if the fan is not properly tightened when assembled it will fly off when you start it. red or blue lock tight is a must for this and a engine crank shaft piston lock tool.

I had a hell of a time getting my blades to track perfectly the linkage setup that is used makes it difficult to make small adjustments, but this can be said for other helicopters as well, when we are talking about linkage you have to remember you cant make Half turns safely with linkage. my tracking is good now, not perfect, but not causing any vibe problems.

Overall, I cant complain about my C5, I really enjoy it. I did change to Carbon fiber stabilizers, horizontal and vertical. Its light with good amount of power from the hyper O.S. 50.
BennettOZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Since the last rebuild I removed the horizontal stabilizer and I'm thinking about modifying the vertical.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in