Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Scale Helicopters, For Sale

Scale Helicopters, For Sale *No Commercial Ads - Scale Helicopters Only

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
Well that is a relief from my point of view so does this only apply to ebay items etc? What happens if this item never shows up, will pay pal refund me, (do i have to go through my bank or what recourse do i have?

I'm not sure I understand your question/reference to Ebay...?? I guess there would be instances where an overseas Ebay vendor marks something as 'gift'. :

Paypal is pretty good about issuing refunds if you purchased an item from some sort of vendor, overseas or here in the states. Where it gets difficult to recover funds via Paypal is when you....

A: purchase from an individual and they instantly withdraw the funds you sent them and dissapear from the face of the earth.

B: Are delivered 'something' that isn't exactly as described.(Ebay is MUCH better in this instance. Paypal almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer...which can suck if you're a seller and get scammed. It happens.)

C: Mark payment as a gift when you send funds via Paypal. If you don't get anything that isn't a big deal. The funds you just sent were a GIFT, remember? If they are really a 'gift' then you shouldn't be expecting anything more than a 'Thanks!' in return.

I would highly recommend you have a credit card that you use for Paypal transactions. Credit card companies are usually very good at offering, and following up on, buyer protection policies/procedures.
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #42 (permalink)

I am not sure if you read my post or not! I purchased a kit from hobby-wing in which THEY ONLY ACCEPTED PAY PAL. They then told me they would mark it as a gift. In which I am naive because I have never bought anything with pay pal and or through ebay ever until that time. So when I read that if they mark it gift, you sorta get the blunt of the stick I was concerned. Then It was nicely explained to me that they do this to avoid custom expenses and tariffs. If I could have used my debit card, then I would have, it was a pain setting things up through pay pal to be honest. So hopefully this clears it up.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
I am not sure if you read my post or not! I purchased a kit from hobby-wing in which THEY ONLY ACCEPTED PAY PAL. They then told me they would mark it as a gift. In which I am naive because I have never bought anything with pay pal and or through ebay ever until that time. So when I read that if they mark it gift, you sorta get the blunt of the stick I was concerned. Then It was nicely explained to me that they do this to avoid custom expenses and tariffs. If I could have used my debit card, then I would have, it was a pain setting things up through pay pal to be honest. So hopefully this clears it up.
So how did you fund the purchase through Paypal? Paypal is, more or less, just a courier...like Western Union.

You either linked a bank account, used a credit card, or used a debit card to fund the purchase VIA paypal.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #44 (permalink)

I used my debit card, but the place where I bought the heli, would not accept debit cards only pay pal
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Really guys???

Wow, I cannot believe this thread.
I understand the danger of buying with paypal,as a gift,but really guys, not one person posting cannot understand why sellers ask the buyer to cover the fees?
Everyone now days is so narrow minded,they cannot see anything other than there own view.
I've been buying and selling rc stuff on the net for years,I have almost one thousand positive feedback statements between RCU,RR,Ebay,and Rc Groups.
I've had no one complain about paying the paypal fee.
Years ago,paypal screwed me over,to the tune of 485.00 witch I never recovered.I prefer not to give that company another dime of my money.
I do not want to accept paypal,but so many people now days cannot wait for the transaction time of sending a money order ,so they want to pay with paypal.
I only accept paypal as a service, to buyers.
I clearly state in all my listings,that I do not prefer paypal as payment,but I will accept it at the buyers request,if they cover the paypal fees .
Why should I cover the added cost if I prefer not to use paypal?
Isn't it you, the buyer, who wants the benifits of using it,(fast turnaround time, no hassle of getting /sending payment through the mail)?

Ok, lets say I use the example listed above, I list my item I want 100.00 for, at 103.00,you know as well as I ,you -and everyone else will offer me 100.00-Its the way it works.

People like to deal, and more importantly,people like nice round figures to work with.

I could try to add it in the original listing price, or try to bury it in the shipping costs, but that only adds to the price,making the listing for an item less attractive,people are looking for what they consider a good deal on the net, or else they would just buy new,from a retailer.
The sharply rising costs of actual shipping right now is getting so high,a person cannot afford to add any hidden fees in the cost.
Besides, its not right,Id prefer to be honest and up front about costs,all costs.

Also, doing that,adding in the paypal cost up front, what about those wanting to pay via money order,they are paying the added in paypal fee and not using it,now there you go- now that truly isn't right.

It was stated above,the seller should just pay the fees if they want to sell something,its only 3%.

Thats one opinion,now open your mind and try looking at it from the other side.

The opposite is also true,(and more so in my opinion,you want to use paypal as the buyer),if you want to buy an item,you want the ease of using paypal,why don't YOU pay the fee?
Just my two cents.
Happy hovering.
BK
tazmancometh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmancometh View Post
SNIP

I cannot believe this would be someones first post.

Why don't you just offer a $3.00 discount on your $103.00 item for payment via money order?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmancometh View Post
I understand the danger of buying with paypal,as a gift,but really guys, not one person posting cannot understand why sellers ask the buyer to cover the fees?
Everyone now days is so narrow minded,they cannot see anything other than there own view.
I've been buying and selling rc stuff on the net for years,I have almost one thousand positive feedback statements between RCU,RR,Ebay,and Rc Groups.
I've had no one complain about paying the paypal fee.
Years ago,paypal screwed me over,to the tune of 485.00 witch I never recovered.I prefer not to give that company another dime of my money.
I do not want to accept paypal,but so many people now days cannot wait for the transaction time of sending a money order ,so they want to pay with paypal.
I only accept paypal as a service, to buyers.
I clearly state in all my listings,that I do not prefer paypal as payment,but I will accept it at the buyers request,if they cover the paypal fees .
Why should I cover the added cost if I prefer not to use paypal?
Isn't it you, the buyer, who wants the benifits of using it,(fast turnaround time, no hassle of getting /sending payment through the mail)?

Ok, lets say I use the example listed above, I list my item I want 100.00 for, at 103.00,you know as well as I ,you -and everyone else will offer me 100.00-Its the way it works.

People like to deal, and more importantly,people like nice round figures to work with.

I could try to add it in the original listing price, or try to bury it in the shipping costs, but that only adds to the price,making the listing for an item less attractive,people are looking for what they consider a good deal on the net, or else they would just buy new,from a retailer.
The sharply rising costs of actual shipping right now is getting so high,a person cannot afford to add any hidden fees in the cost.
Besides, its not right,Id prefer to be honest and up front about costs,all costs.

Also, doing that,adding in the paypal cost up front, what about those wanting to pay via money order,they are paying the added in paypal fee and not using it,now there you go- now that truly isn't right.

It was stated above,the seller should just pay the fees if they want to sell something,its only 3%.

Thats one opinion,now open your mind and try looking at it from the other side.

The opposite is also true,(and more so in my opinion,you want to use paypal as the buyer),if you want to buy an item,you want the ease of using paypal,why don't YOU pay the fee?
Just my two cents.
Happy hovering.
BK
How would you feel if every time you swipe your debit/credit card at a gas station, store, etc they charge you their fees? Cuz, they have to pay fees everytime someone uses a card.
Of course paying by cash would eliminate the fee.

Like you said....."open your mind and try looking at it from the other side."
Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fees

There is a difference,
The store not only openly accepts cards as payment they encourage you to use the cards for payment, big difference there.

Anyways-I don't, I'm old fashioned I guess- I do pay with cash.

Don't get me wrong here,any seller who wants to be paid via paypal should expect to pay the fee,I agree with that one hundred percent.The difference is with my listings, I dont want to accept paypal, but Ive sold to allot of parties who just about insist on paying with paypal.
Why should I pay for the fee if I dont want to support the crooks at ebay/paypal if I would choose not to?

(Don't even get me started on this-I will not sell on ebay anymore)

Like I said in my original post,I clearly state I prefer not to use paypal as payment method.

I only accept paypal as a favor to my buyers!
As far as my first post, its only because I just rejoined, was a member for about eight years,just got away from helis for a long time.

I was known as Thehoker, as I am on RunRider,RCU,Ebay(quit that 2x also)Rc groups ect...
Ive posted many many times on all of the various sites.

Keep em fly'n
BK
tazmancometh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in