Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahannsven View Post
A company always depends on people. But the trend is go Made in China.
Obviously a lot of people are happy with the Chinese junk.

My personal opinion is just that a few years ago quality was better.
Nowadays you have to run 5 times into the shop to get all parts working.

Sven
Just because it's made in China does not automatically mean 'junk'. You would be very hard pressed to build a heli without at least some Chinese made parts in it.
However, FWIW neither SAB or Align are made in China (SAB is Vietnam and Align is Taiwan)

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've not had to 'run 5 times into the shop' on any of my helis to get them working, regardless of brand. I did have one minor glitch on my new Goblin 770, the head block bore was machined a bit too large for the shaft, but all sorted out by the dealer very quickly, the replacement fit perfectly.. Other than that no issues.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Grumpy old man

I am perhaps old as you and in my youth we worked metal parts as accurate as to 0.1 mm.
Nowadays you find parts with 1 mm difference.

It does not matter if it is Taiwan or Vietnam, but it is no longer the quality we had before. Nowadays counts mass production.

Some German companies ( not RC) move meanwhile back to old German quality. But it costs a lot.

Sven
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi RC/DC 5000

You mentioned the failing Align servo BL815. But this servo is still part of the 600 Align kit. Are the mentioned problems now solved?

I probably take the Align 600 kit but tuned with Kontronik ESC and motor.
About the servos I am still uncertain.

Regards

Sven

The original batch of those servos that came out a year ago had major failures. Lots of horror stories on here and youtube. Since then though they have fixed the problem. If the servo has a serial number on the back of it, you are fine. I haven't heard of any problems with them since that original batch. For the price when included in the super combos, I think they are excellent, my set in my 600L have been through 3 pilot-error crashes and have never stripped a gear or anything.

If you have the money, no reason not to buy the MKS and Krontronic stuff everybody raves about, but in my experience you can get very good results with the mid-priced electronics being made today (castle, align, etc). Align had a lot of catching up to do with electronics, as their older servos and fbl units were junk, but I think they are starting to finally make decent products.
FiLazer88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2016, 04:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot Filazer88,

I probably contact my local dealer, if the Align 600 kit has the upgraded servos.

With all replies I received, I guess Align is not bad for larger helis.
But I will work together with my local shop to solve any upcoming problems. In fact a good Kontronik Jivepro ESC can work for years and is worth the money. That's the same for a good motor.

As mentioned, I only crashed because of technical failure. I need larger helis because of our windy region. A larger heli stays much more stable in strong wind.
In our woods always a lot of people run around, therefor I want to be sure that my 600 heli does not boomerang down.

Regards

Sven
Old 01-02-2016, 04:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

And Align have recently started shipping their 'Super Combos' with (German) BeastX Microbeast FBL controllers, which addresses the gripe about their FBL controllers being lacking.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes Grumpy old man,

I use Microbeast FBL since I am a beginner. It is on my Trex250, Trex450 and Trex500L.

I think it is very good and easy to handle. Only the new rescue function has to be used with caution and is buggy.

Regards

Sven
Old 01-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will always have fan boys post up on threads like this that will push a brand they rep for. Or have a fav they fly. I have flown most 600s out there. And dozens of various brand servos and fbl systems. I love my Mks servos, Outrage, and even my Turnigy's (re labled Kst's) at 1/3 the cost. Have friends fielding futaba's that work well also.
My fav controllers are Vbar and Skookum by far. But I know how to tune them. Even had good luck with the Vbar clones.
My current fav personal flying 600 is my heavily modded old cheaply purchased 12s 600 Esp. The cost of building it with all high end custom stuff from RcTek, Skookum, Kde mod 1 gear, Gryphon, ect ect and fairly cheap quality Yep HV120, Turnigy (kst) servos. Abec 9 ceramics. Rjx heads, Compass X also at times. Was far less than a retail kit. And it is virtually bullet proof and vibe free. You want the best? Build your own. Source individual components. On the other side, I am not a Kontronik fan, as I have seen and heard of lots of field failures. Witnessed them falling from the sky and gotten countless pms from guys seeing the same thing. Warranty problems are a nightmare from hell.

Have had decent luck with Compass, great luck with Sab, MiniCopter, Logos, and a few others. It is all in how you build and equip them. My current fav new heli by far in the 600 class is in the Protos lineup. I have a friend fielding one and it is impressive. But don't own one myself.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

From all the replies I got, I probably stay quite stock with Align Trex600 and check with my local dealer if the BL815 servo problem is solved.
I think all Trex700L have now BL815 replaced, Trex600L is not mentioned.

The ESC power is for a Trex600/700 very high. Therefor I was favoring Kontronik Jivepro. I am astonished to hear that Kontronik may fail.

I personally liked the Kontronik Jivepro and Prog unit very much which include a BEC. But maybe the Castle Edge 80 HV with USB link will do the job and I just take a 2S Lipo battery for the receiver.

Sven
Old 01-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like my Tarot / Align 600CF 12s power system
updated with the new v2 tail and pitch arm
3 bearing block
slant gear
Higher tail gear ratio
YGE/YEP 180
2 6s 3,300 MAH
600MX 510KV

Old School but still good !

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
closed

i have a 600efl pro and i consider it a little heavy for its size and class. i run ds610 on it, that is a savox servo renamed as align. i never heard anything bad about this servo until this thread. this is a reliable and powerful low cost servo like no other, good for moderate 3d. had many crashes in the past and it is still alive and kicking. ds610 is or was sold on Logos combos with its original name (savox). align motors are also very good stuff for its power and price. so, i don't understand the guys here bashing align electronics. bl815 is at least 20grams heavier than ds610/ds615, and it would make trex600 at least 80grams heavier, what isn't a good idea. i had a compass 6hv in the past and it was the worst heli i ever had. extremely under powered and with a very small frame, what made difficult to attach stuff on. some screws were philips headed. you can jump to your own conclusions. the best helis i've flown are the logos 550 and 600 from mikado. extremely light weight, what makes possible fly very good 3d on 6s. from your talk it seems you are looking for perfection and i don't think it exists in this hobby. you may eventually get there after experimenting a lot and finding the heli that better fits your taste, but, please, don't believe only the very expensive stuff will make you happy. the fun is having good stuff and extract the best from it. that's what makes a great pilot great.
hilarious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take a look at MD helis...US distributor is awesome.
mdhelicoptersusa.com
Old 02-17-2016, 10:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take a look at mikado logo if you not done it yet, if you like more metal look at Kasama Srimok.

Nikki
Old 02-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Compass 6HV-U is the best 600 class I've put my hands on. It's definitely the go-to machine in my fleet. I fell in love with it before I joined up with Compass, and it was seeing the 6HV-U prototype and Forrest (way back when) fly it in Atlanta, and just beat the crap out of it, crash it over and over, and have it still flying at the end of the event that sold me.

Very high quality, very tough with amazing flight characteristics. I don't know of anything else in the 600 class close to it.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The ESC power is for a Trex600/700 very high. Therefor I was favoring Kontronik Jivepro. I am astonished to hear that Kontronik may fail.

I personally liked the Kontronik Jivepro and Prog unit very much which include a BEC. But maybe the Castle Edge 80 HV with USB link will do the job and I just take a 2S Lipo battery for the receiver.

Sven
In our club in the past 2 years the most amount of esc related crashes or emergency autos I see is Kontronik related. That doesn't mean esc is bad every time, maybe overload amps and it does not have a soft cut off it just shuts down completely.

You don't need to run a 2s lipo receiver battery. I use the built in BEC or use a Western Robotics BEC. I believe a battery forget to charge or extra wiring failure is more likely than a bec failure. Now I have run Castle, YGE, and Hobbywing , I have not tried a Kontronik yet but I will for sure one of these days. So far I like the YGE and Hobbywing number 1, and Castle 2. Only reason I don't put the castle same as the others is it does not have anti spark and the governor is not as good.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The Real Question

What does "High Quality" mean to you?

To me, it means durability, versatility, and simplicity.

Those three things are exactly what you'll get with the Pantera P6 from Audacity Models.

It may not be the flashiest machine out there, but there are many well thought out considerations built into the design that most other manufacturers seem to ignore. And parts support is second to none!

Do you know of any other company whom you can call and speak to the owner while he's in the grocery store? That, to me, is the true meaning of customer support.

Take a real hard look at these:

Pantera P6
http://www.audacitymodels.com/Produc...2/Default.aspx

Pantera 50 (this was the model before the P6 (almost identical in design), but you can see the comparison to other machines like the Raptor 50). Don't pay attention to the price of this one, I don't know why it's so high.
http://www.audacitymodels.com/Produc...1/Default.aspx

then decide for yourself what "High Quality" really means.
helihammer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
closed

have you guys flown a logo 550 or 600?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

"have you guys flown a logo 550 or 600?"

Yes, I have owned a Logo 600 3D for years.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
closed

how do you compare your helis of the same class to logo 550/600?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Synergy E7 w 696's !
Mks/futaba/JR servos
Xnova or scorpion motor
Your choice of esc and fbl/Rx

This is my next heli and should be here tomorrow!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

"how do you compare your helis of the same class to logo 550/600?"

Every time I do this someone gets upset...

The Logo 600 is very nice, but I would rather fly the 6HV-U than anything else in that size.

The 6HV-U is the most precise 600 I have ever flown.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in