Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default beastx altitude bailout set up help

I have set up my beastx plus and the heli flies great. Everything is fine. Now I have gone in and setup the bailout function. I have set it up to the purple - bailout with pitch - but when I flick my assigned switch the servo's seem to be in reverse and go down instead of up. Anyone know how to get them to give positive pitch. It seems as though I need to reverse something... but I don't know what - any help would be appreciated!
hlup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check parameter K and make sure you get a blue light when setting positive pitch, and a red light for negative pitch.

K - Swashplate pitch adjustment

At Setup menu point K you adjust the maximum desired negative and positive collective pitch. Move the thrust stick
all the way up and let it stay there. Now you can increase or decrease the maximum amount of collective pitch using
the aileron stick. When you adjusted the desired maximum pitch angle, move the thrust stick all the way down and
again increase or decrease the collective pitch to the minimum desired value using the aileron stick.
Don‘t use any pitch curves in your transmitter while doing these adjustments. Later on for the flights, you can
adjust your pitch curves as you like and are used to. Setup menu point K solely serves to teach MICROBEAST
PLUS the maximum pitch range and the endpoints of the thrust stick.
At this point, verify again that the demanded collective pitch direction on the transmitter is in the correct
direction for the model. Otherwise use your transmitter‘s servo reversing function for the collective pitch channel to
correct this as already described in the section about Setup menu point I.
Now check the internal collective pitch direction of MICROBEAST PLUS:
The current pitch direction is indicated by the color of the Status-LED. When the thrust stick is set to positive
collective pitch, the Status-LED must light up in blue color, when the stick is set to negative pitch the Status-LED
must light in red. The crucial factor is the actual pitch angle of the rotor blades, not the position of the thrust stick! If
the display of colors is inversed, i.e. the Status-LED lights blue when pitch is negative and lights red if pitch is
positive, the directions can be interchanged by moving the rudder stick once into any direction. Check this setting
several times and very conscientious. The setting is very important for proper function of AttitudeControl (if you do
not use this feature by now you should check and set the pitch direction anyway).
Push the button to save the configuration and to proceed to Setup menu point L.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

that was it! Thank you very much indeed for helping out - I appreciate it enormously
hlup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2017, 04:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

I had the same (described) problem but I had to reverse the Bailout/rescue channel ie 7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in