Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Ball Link Lengths

Could someone please give me the exact lengths in mm of the short AND long ball links (the plastic link only) that come with the 450? I am using, I think, the short links on my SJM400v1 and am having trouble getting zero pitch at mid-stick. According to the manual, my link assemblies are 2mm too short so I need to know if ordering the longer links will do the job.

Just so you know, I replaced the stock SJM links on the servo end of my pitch, aileron and elevator link assemblies with Align links and balls for easier, more accurate assembly. Me thinks I should have ordered (if I didn't)the longer of the two...there are only two stock lengths available for the stock 450, right?

By the way, Helihobby, where I got the first set of Align links, does not have the long links in stock. Any suggestions for an alternative source would be appreciated!
Henry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 02:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

NO! I get asked for this all the time and you need to set up the heli properly and NOT trust what people give you for link lengths as this does vary by heli!

PLEASE do it by setting up the heli properly as you will learn so much more than copying someones link lengths that could be wrong to begin with!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
NO! I get asked for this all the time and you need to set up the heli properly and NOT trust what people give you for link lengths as this does vary by heli!

PLEASE do it by setting up the heli properly as you will learn so much more than copying someones link lengths that could be wrong to begin with!

Bob
Absolutely, my T-Rex is the first heli I have built for myself and I have learnt so much its unreal (all thanks to the help of this site and the great people that use it)

Well actually I am still building its but getting there.

RC budget, £100 per week, time spent building and flying, priceless!
fury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for both of your responses but I would urge you to re-read my messsage. I need the length in mm of the ball links alone, not the ebtire link/rod/link assembly. Just the length of the plastic links by themselves. I understand there are three different lengths/sizes available from Align that will fit the small 1.5mm threaded rod included with my SJM400 kit.
Henry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't remember different sized links on my SE. On my EP8 yes, but not on the Trex.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only one size on my SE, 13mm.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless

PLEASE do it by setting up the heli properly as you will learn so much more than copying someone's link lengths that could be wrong to begin with!

Bob
Actually it does make you wonder why every setup is different. It's the same model frame etc. (talking about the SE here)

Mech all the linkages should be the same up untill the blade grip linkages if the servos are set up 90 deg at the start

Radio set-up - then that's a different story

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in