Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Sweet!!!
I searched google for Gazaur…I guess I didn’t look hard enough.
Thanks for the links Bro
I really suck at air brushing, but I sooooo want that alien canopy on one of my birds…so were there a will…there a way. I might have to repaint the canopy a hundred times and it might end up weighing a pound when I’m done, but I think I need to give it a try.

When you get it down you let me know. Ill pay you to paint a couple for me.
When I paint it ends up looking like one of my sons finger paintings. and while it may look good on the fridge.....in the air....not so much.

Sent from my Laptop using "Hunt and Peck"

FLThreeFiveZero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some more cool canopies.

None of these are mine. (you can tell because they look good ) these are just pic's ive found on the net that ive saved for ideas because they are so awesome.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	189830   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	189831   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	189832   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	189833  

Old 11-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

WOW! Those canopies are smokin!!!...Seriously ones on fire! Lol!
If I could paint one just half that good I would be strutting around like a rooster with twelve hens…all I can say is sweeeeeeet!

I really like the first one
Old 11-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Being a scale fan, I personally love the Coastguard Hawk in the second piccie!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ditto on the Coast Guard Heli. I work a lot of cliams up in the Port Angeles area of Washington and I see that C.G. Heli all the time! Once I get my 450 down and flying properly, I just may go the scale route and do that conversion with the retracts and all!
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

that coast guard one does look way cool...i'd be afraid to do all the work for something like that..fly it once and my luck destroy it
Old 11-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

exi 250 fp vs honeybee fp v2 movie trailer...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnyca.../0/DkAiSDGQNZk
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL that great.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Being a scale fan, I personally love the Coastguard Hawk in the second piccie!
I was so fixated on a the canopy I didn’t even see the C.G. scale bird behind it…wow it does look sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
that coast guard one does look way cool...i'd be afraid to do all the work for something like that..fly it once and my luck destroy it
Right on brother…that’s the reason I haven’t finish my Agasta build. I just know I’m going to crash it up and that would just kill me, so I figure the longer it takes to finish the better my flying skills will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
exi 250 fp vs honeybee fp v2 movie trailer...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnyca.../0/DkAiSDGQNZk
Johnny that video is AWESOME!!!!!!!
Man …I wish I could make videos like that!
Seriously good…so good that I cant wait for the spring of 2011 so I can see the move!
What kind of editing software are you using if you don’t mind me asking? Its got to be expensive

I’m hoping to get a good video camera for Christmas. Not sure what to get…I need something that I can strap to my head. Would you have any suggestions on what to get?

Okay guys here’s an up date on my FP 250
Last week I was testing the Xtreme fiber blades out and my nemesis HeliKiller appeared and attacked my 250. Who is HeliKiller you might ask…he is the set of power lines that run across my front yard. He is responsible for at leased fifty deaths or wounding to my fleet…yes he a Bain of my existence! I was taping the flight at the time, but yet again the battery died on my DV glasses and the crash is lost for ever.
The 250 survived the crash well considering it hit the lines at full speed and then hit the ground. The damages was a set of skid, main shaft and bent tail boom. The Xtreme blades survived as usual with out a scratch.

I order a bunch of spare 250 parts from HobbyKing, but wont get them for a couple of weeks and I couldn’t wait that long so I order up a Align carbon fiber boom and boom block.
Yeah I know…should of just waited for the parts…but if you know me…you know I’m a bling Queen.

Anyway here’s some pictures of the trimmed Xtreme fiber blades and installing the carbon boom

Here's a video with the Xtreme blades and boom installed. I didnt add any music because I wanted you guys to hear what this puppy sounds like.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEY5sD64iyA[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1541.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	190099   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1542.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	190100   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1546.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	190101   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1547.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	190102   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1548.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	190103  

Name:	DSCN1551.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	190104  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:01 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey HH that cf boom is sweet. The movie software is imovie. that is one of a few movie trailer templates.Its funny you mention you need a video cam that can strap on your head I just got a gopro hero it is 1080i and 5mp stills and is in a clear waterproof enclosure good to 190'. Really very hi quality.It's been real windy around here so hoping to try it out today

check out the video at the top of the link

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...FREPbAoddCnRIA
Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having been there i was wondering if you had ever hit those lines hank...ouch! Sucks..kinda like my copter eating tree in my front yard..you know it's there...but still hard not to hit it! Lol...i took a bunch if videos this weekend...i'll be contributing to the CP to Fp flying video fleet this week when i get back to work...
Old 11-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
hey HH that cf boom is sweet. The movie software is imovie. that is one of a few movie trailer templates.Its funny you mention you need a video cam that can strap on your head I just got a gopro hero it is 1080i and 5mp stills and is in a clear waterproof enclosure good to 190'. Really very hi quality.It's been real windy around here so hoping to try it out today

check out the video at the top of the link

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...FREPbAoddCnRIA
Thanks for the Link Johnny.
It sucks imovie is just for Mac. I will have like to try it out.

The GoPro looks like it’s got everything you would need and more. The only problem is the price. My price range is…well what my wife is willing to spend on me for Christmas is about what the HD Hero 960 is going for. Its 960p instead of 1080 which I don’t mind, but the Hero 960 is only 30fps at 960p where as it’s big brother is 60fps.

Johnny do you think 30fps is still good for filming fast flying helicopter?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
Having been there i was wondering if you had ever hit those lines hank...ouch! Sucks..kinda like my copter eating tree in my front yard..you know it's there...but still hard not to hit it! Lol...i took a bunch if videos this weekend...i'll be contributing to the CP to Fp flying video fleet this week when i get back to work...

Yeah I’m always cutting it close and every now and than I check to see if the wires are secured on the poles and are in good shape.

Looking forward to seeing your vids JMD
Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey HH I will try to take some video with the gopro soon > I think 30fps is fine as almost all cams shoot at 30 fps. I tried 720p at 60 fps but that is wide angle and gives a fisheye effect, which is good for some things but to far away to see the heli.I will shoot a short vid with both 60 fps and 30 fps so you can see.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m looking forward to seeing the videos Johnny. I have already put the bug in my wife’s ear that this would make a great Christmas present. She not a big fan of my helicopters, but I explained to her all the other things we would use the camera for, but I don’t think I am doing a good job convincing her. We already have a video camera so it’s going to be a hard sell. If the Hero 960 will make awesome helicopter videos I might have to secretly buy this one on my own and ask for forgiveness later. I love seeing and really enjoy making rc helicopter videos…to me it’s another fun part of this hobby and I know the Key cam videos leave a lot do be desired…their cheap and great for slow close in shots, but no so good for fast far away shots and don’t even get me started on the annoying time stamp.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

HeliHanster: Really nice set up! Sounds like it may be my next project once I get the 450 set up. Watching your video, it seems that this little bird is not as sensitive to the typical lift and drop effects that the stock bee gets coming out of a turn. Seems to fly real straight and smooth! Can you give a brief description as to how it feels compared to the HoneyBee?

Should be a great low maintanance,throw around speedster!
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a video of 3 of the gopro's video settings. Next up is still pics . The cam will take 5mp still pics a 2,5,10,30 and 60 seconds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUbroCK7Wms[/ame]
Old 11-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
HeliHanster: Really nice set up! Sounds like it may be my next project once I get the 450 set up. Watching your video, it seems that this little bird is not as sensitive to the typical lift and drop effects that the stock bee gets coming out of a turn. Seems to fly real straight and smooth! Can you give a brief description as to how it feels compared to the HoneyBee?

Should be a great low maintanance,throw around speedster!
What’s up Chris
I saw your EXI 450 pictures…man that’s one sweet bird.

The FP250 does fly much smoother than the Bee in forward flight…well actually it out flies the Bee in all aspects. Since I’m using the same Xtreme head I had on one of my modded Bees. I would say the main reason why the FP250 handle lift and drop effect so much better is because of the higher head speed that I getting out of the FP250 using the trimmed down blades.

The different for me in the way the FP250 feels compared to the Bee. Well I guess the different is that I don’t have to work as hard to get the FP250 to do what I want. You really have to work the sticks to keep the Bee in check when you start ripping around, where as the FP250 feels like its on rails. Don’t get me wrong…I love the way my Bees fly…sometimes its a lot more fun the slide into the turns than to fly though the turns and the suspense of not knowing if or when the tail is going to blow out really keeps me on the edge.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet Johnny!
The GoPro really takes some awesome video. I think you have already sold me on it…I think I’m going to sell off some of my Birds to get the Hero 960…at least that’s what I told my wife. Is the setup and software that comes with it easy to use? Is the slow motion built in the camera or is that something you did…it looked so sweeeet!

O-Yeah that red Bee canopy really looks good on your FP250
Old 11-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

The setup is internal.You use the 2 buttons on the cam to go to different modes. I did the slow mo in imovie just to show what it looks like at 60fps. This weekend I will take the still pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in