Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.) Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Naze 32 Controller with DX9 radio

I need some help. I have a DX9 radio with a bound receiver wire through a breakout cable to the Naze32 controller. I am not getting any signal to the controller. I cannot find any information on setting up a Spectrum radio with the Naze32, I only see PPM directions. Any suggestions? I am using the Baseflight software and It is communicating with the Naze. Under the "Receiver" tab, just straight lines. Nothing is moving when I move the sticks. Thanks!
Dogdocphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Be helpful to know what receiver you're using and how you have it wired to the naze.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It is an AR8000 DMSX receiver, I have the Naze32 breakout cable attached to the receiver, the three wire is in the Aileron on the AR8000 and that is plugged into the first two pins and pin1, then the single wire connectors go from the receiver into pins two three and four on the naze. Do I have to do something in the CLI to tell the Naze I am using DMSX receiver? The breakout cable comes from Abusemark and is made specifically for the Naze32
Old 07-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

The AR8000 receiver doesn't do PPM. No matter how you connect to the receiver, it's not designed to output PPM. https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...000-Manual.pdf

I wish it did. Would save an incredible rats nest of wiring. As for the DSMX or DSM2 formats, that's the link between the TX and RX communications format.
Look for a page that has receiver type like traditional, PPM, D-bus, S-bus. That's the setting that tells the flight controller what output from the receiver it going to get. The AR8000 is a traditional type receiver. You have to hook up all the wires from the harness to make it work. http://abusemark.com/store/index.php...p_image&pID=38
Old 07-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdocphil View Post
It is an AR8000 DMSX receiver, I have the Naze32 breakout cable attached to the receiver, the three wire is in the Aileron on the AR8000 and that is plugged into the first two pins and pin1, then the single wire connectors go from the receiver into pins two three and four on the naze. Do I have to do something in the CLI to tell the Naze I am using DMSX receiver? The breakout cable comes from Abusemark and is made specifically for the Naze32
I just finished doing this on my DX8 using an Orange (clone) rx, but I'm sure this will translate.

First thing you need to do is to make sure you have bind your TX to the AR8000 (I just noticed you said you have, but, sanity check).

Second, connect the breakout cable to the Naze32 with the brown wire connected to the top-left pin.

Then, the wires from the breakout cable connect to your rx as follows going from top-left:

Aileron(this is the only wire with all 3 colors), Elevator, Throttle, Rudder, Aux1, Aux2, Aux3, Aux4

Just make sure the single signal wires from the breakout box are plugged in with the signal wire correctly oriented on the AR8000.

Now, connect the USB cable to the Naze32 and start the configurator and connect it to the Naze32.

This is probably the step that is getting you: Once you connect the USB cable, the Naze32 will power up but if you go to the receiver tab everything will be in the middle. That's because you haven't plugged in the rest of your quad. The USB cable only powers the Naze board, but to get power to the ESC's / Motors / Receiver, you need to plug in your flight battery at this point. Then you should hear the ESCs / motors chime, and your transmitter throws will correctly show up.

If you run into further snags let me know. I've spent a couple days getting this all working on my QAV250 / DX8 combo.

Goblin 380 / Spirit FBL
Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks from me for stepping in. I use the AR8000 but not the naze32 board.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Thanks from me for stepping in. I use the AR8000 but not the naze32 board.
No worries. I hope that is the issue he is seeing. I got bit by that a couple times over the last two days while I was trying to get my new Naze32 setup.
02DropTopM3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the Advice! I did exactly what you said. This made total sense! BUT, no go still no info going to the Naze. I have the model select as airplane. I assume this is okay. Attached is a picture of my naze attached to the receiver. When I plugged in the battery, the receiver linked with the DX9. Wondering if there is something wrong with the Naze?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Naze32 on AR8000.jpg (111.4 KB, 231 views)
Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdocphil View Post
Thanks for the Advice! I did exactly what you said. This made total sense! BUT, no go still no info going to the Naze. I have the model select as airplane. I assume this is okay. Attached is a picture of my naze attached to the receiver. When I plugged in the battery, the receiver linked with the DX9. Wondering if there is something wrong with the Naze?
I see. So you're powering your rx using a battery pack but don't have your ESC's hooked up to the Naze yet. I wonder if the Naze needs additional power other than the USB port (specifically the power that it would normally get when you hook up your ESC's).

When I got to the point where you are at I already had all 4 of my ESC's soldered to my power distribution board (which was powered by my 3S pack) and had them plugged into the Naze. The Naze was pulling the power that it needed from the ESC's and the Naze was in turn powering the rx (no need for a battery connected to the rx). I didn't even try connecting to the Naze via the Configurator until I had all the wiring hooked up.

As a temporary test I guess you could try this (if you don't want to hook up all the ESC's and everything right now):

1) Either hook up one of the motors to one of your ESCs (or at least make sure that the leads for the motor do not touch).

2) Plug that ESC into the first motor connector in the Naze.

3) Connect your 3S lipo to that ESC.

4) This should power up the Naze and your RX (assuming the RX is still connected to the Naze using the breakout cable).

5) Now plug in the USB connector and connect to the Naze using the Configurator and check the Receiver tab to see if you're getting inputs.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default naze set up

here is a full set of videos from chris at Armattan on naze set, http://www.armattanquads.com/naze-fl...oller-tutorial
Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlockpete View Post
here is a full set of videos from chris at Armattan on naze set, http://www.armattanquads.com/naze-fl...oller-tutorial
Thanks!

I wish I would have stumbled on this a couple days ago. Would have saved me lots of trial and error. :-)
Old 07-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does make it a lot easier if you can just use CPPM through a single connection.

Pete
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is a old thread but I am building my first quad 250 and using naze 32 with ar6000 . I am looking for info on proper wiring. I must add I am using opto escs so I am going to use a dedicated bec. The link for the videos seems to be broken so any help would be appreciated
superjake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

That broken link still showed a "tutorials" section at the top of page..
http://www.armattanquads.com/mullet-naze-fc-tutorials/
Old 10-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
superjake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.armattanquads.com/mullet-naze-fc-tutorials/ , the site has been updated , this is from the new site.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help

Hello,
I am new to the naze32. I am trying to configure my channel set up for the naze32 using a dx 9. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
James
does anyone have a file that I can import in my radio?
jcacropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2016, 02:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are going to use a sat instead of a full receiver, see:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=683925
mba83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in