Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Car and Truck Info and Support > Electric > Minis and Micros

Minis and Micros Minis and Micros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking losi micro desert truck

heh, kind of dead in this forum isn't it?

Anyway, I love this little thing. It's usually $90 everywhere, but I found 1 on amazon for about $41 so I had to buy it. At that price, I half expected it to show up used or broken or missing the tx or something but it's been great.

This is my first rc car in about 10-15 years (ooh i'm getting old ). I've run 2 cycles through it. took it pretty easy on the first one to break in the motor a little. ran it a little harder (more full throttle) on the second run. It looks and feels kind of fragile to me so I haven't bashed it around much or hit any big jumps or anything.

next I'm going to pick up a 1/10 ECX Ruckus and hope it snows a lot this winter.
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataco View Post
heh, kind of dead in this forum isn't it?

Anyway, I love this little thing. It's usually $90 everywhere, but I found 1 on amazon for about $41 so I had to buy it. At that price, I half expected it to show up used or broken or missing the tx or something but it's been great.

This is my first rc car in about 10-15 years (ooh i'm getting old ). I've run 2 cycles through it. took it pretty easy on the first one to break in the motor a little. ran it a little harder (more full throttle) on the second run. It looks and feels kind of fragile to me so I haven't bashed it around much or hit any big jumps or anything.

next I'm going to pick up a 1/10 ECX Ruckus and hope it snows a lot this winter.

The micro desert is a lot of fun. I moded mine with bearings in the wheels and rear hubs and a brushless setup with a lipo. It was fast.
I didn't have any durability issues but I rarely crashed.

At one point I setup a track in my garage and had races with a few other friends driving micros. We had a few jumps and a wall ride turn.
It really was a blast.
mototogo78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's now a FPV truck. I took the camera off my fpv nano qx to try it. It's a lot of fun. It needs a better more secure mount, but I want to put this camera back in the nano. I'll figure out a more permanent solution when I get another camera.

It's still running great. I hit a bump and (I think) stripped the pinion though it looked fine. It comes with 3 different pinions (including the smallest one installed) so I just replaced that and kept going. I abused it a little last weekend including jumping off some stairs a couple feet onto pavement and it held up better than I expected. I think the spur gear is wearing down though or maybe stripped a little. It's noisy and doesn't mesh too good with the pinion but it drives fine. I have a new one ordered anyway.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

got a new body and painted it as practice for a scale jeep cherokee I just finished.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in