Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X7

X7 Discussion and support of the Gaui X7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratz👌
RuudM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2016, 08:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loving it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016.05.07_Gaui_X7_04.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	651662   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016.05.07_Gaui_X7_33.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	651663   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016.05.07_Gaui_X7_25.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	651664  
Old 05-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zborecque View Post
Not sure, but I think I got the 'not-upgraded' version.
Is it crucial to have the 6mm version? First 50-100 flights will be steady and gentle as hell I guess ;-), I think that 'normal' tail should work fine for start.

That photo looks to me like it is a mixture of the two setups. The tail shaft appears to be 6mm along its entire length, and the hub just appears to be the old one drilled out to accept the 6mm end of the tail shaft. Notice the thin walls where the hub grip shaft is. Also looking at the bushings that go through the slider link, they are just straight through and don't have a flange on them.

Also, the nuts that hold the grips on appear to be just 3mm. The new hub is much thicker in the center where it goes onto the 6mm tail shaft, it has flanged bushings because the grips will now be spaced farther out away from the tail shaft, and it will have 4mm nuts to retain the grips.

I flew my X7 for two years with the original tail at 2100 max head speed with no issues, and only did the mod to be proactive.

Good luck.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2016, 11:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerheli View Post
I flew my X7 for two years with the original tail at 2100 max head speed with no issues, and only did the mod to be proactive.
Same here... I flew the oringinal one upto 2350 HS... yea... to much... but it moved!

My video is with the original one and 2260 HS....
Gaui x7 14s yge320 072515 (2 min 5 sec)
fastblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2016, 05:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Everyone.

I lately started having little trouble with my X7. First of all - I noticed that the motor is burning up after every flight. I guess it could be since the beginning, I just never bothered. But it started to annoy me a little bit lately, since all my other helis (smaller in size of course) are not that hot even after 2-4 flights in a row! Also I have some troubles with the governor keeping the RPM. When I switch the IDLE UP mode (and change the throttle signal), or when I do some pumps - the engine clearly needs some time to spool up to the new speed. Strange is - that when spinning up the heli without blades - speed changes are instant when going up, and when going down - there is a little lag (2-3 secs). Spinning down (changing the RPM from higher to slightly lower) when the blades are on is lagged a little too - but that I guess is not the problem, it's even better when heli slows down smoothly. But spinning up seems to be "too smooth" :-)

Dangerous situatuion however took place last sunday. When I was landing (lucky for me) - and was at my final hover about 30 - 50 cms over the ground - model stopped, and run down. Luckily it was the end of the flight, and I was over the ground, nothing really happened, only the tail blades touched the ground a little, but seem fine. I have no idea what caused that - FBL was still running (along with the receiver - since it's a single box), servos were operating, motor and ESC were very very hot, but I cannot tell right now whether it was MUCH HOTTER than usual or not. It looked a little like loss of THRO signal or ESC failure. Previously in the same flight I - right before the end and before the final hover I did a hard stall with a quick back-flip which made the heli slow waaaay down, but it went back to original RPM within 2-3 seconds and I was back on track.

I have no way to get logs, I have no interface. My ESC-MOTOR are: Scorpion Commander 160A OPTO + Scorpion HKIII-4035 500KV.

I had the TIMING option set to AUTO, but yesterday I switched it to 5 deg. Spooled up for just some hover - and the motor was still hot. Also it got hot after 4-mins of running with no blades whatsoever. No cut-off though, but I did plug the THRO cable directly to the receiver (did not use the IR receiver which I was using all the time previously).

I set the I.GAIN from 5 to 6. Still it seems like nothing is different.

Some of the people here in Poland suggest that the 5 deg suggested by Scorpion is bulls***t and that I should set 12/18 deg. What do you think? Do I try this?

Will higher I.GAIN or P.GAIN help with the spool up lags?

Also from time to time I noticed, that the tail is slightly wagging. I am pretty sure this is NOT the "too-high-gyro-gain" wag, since I have a major experience in that field with smaller helis It looks like the gyro is somehow confused with some vibrations, or maybe faulty. It happens only from time to time, and when I re-log the gyro it sometimes stops. The wag isn't very strong, but it's noticeable enough, and I am sure it wasn't happening before. I may have the main shaft little bent, and yesterday I replaced it with a new one, but honestly I am not sure it was bent at all (have no way to measure it, but the head looks the same when spinning up on the "old" and on the "new" shaft anyway). Maybe that was generating some unnecessary vibes. Will check next time. Could the wagging be caused with new tail blades? I used some of the simpliest possible plastic tail blades I found, 100mm, as regular as you can imagine

Anyway - any suggestion will be appreciated. I know I have many questions, but with heli this size I am willing to ask first Anyone running the same motor-esc tandem please share your experience

For those who read all the above - thank you, and here you have some pic of my X7 chasing a regular helicopter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in