Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2016, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx 180CFX Belt Tail System

Spotted this holding place whilst browsing the Lynx Website

https://www.lynxheli.com/index.php?c...8f8e71d5d4dc0e

Tell us more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On site now.

https://www.lynxheli.com/product_inf...ducts_id=25398
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Magic !

OXY rep/Lynx team pilot
derailleur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that is what I call a "serious" response to customer requests!

A complete unit, AND, all the spare parts ready and waiting!!!

Well done Luca... Can't wait to hear how your design works out .
Old 01-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice!!! Much more thought out than the other belt systems avalible!! If I didn't have so many spare booms and torque tubes I would be getting one right now! But I see me doing a full Lynx 180 in the near future!! would be one sick machine for sure!!! As always, good job Lynx!

Now I'm curious how the sport kit will be they mention in the pro kit description. may try that route for my current 180 just to try a belt on this bird to smooth things even more. Tho it is already smooth with all the other Lynx parts. Wish lynx would make some plastic torque tube gears that actually fit snug inside the bearings tho. That would probably really smooth out the tail. I hate the way the stock gears are so loose in the bearings. Every other heli has them a press fit and I know that's for a reason! But leave it to Lynx to come in and fix our little problems with awesome reliable parts and make a good heli a great heli!
Old 01-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Lynx 180CFX Belt Tail System

Did these sell out in a matter of minutes? Missed it while driving... When are these next due in stock?

Any videos of this in use? Not that many (or is that any) of us need much convincing, but a promotional tour would be nice. 🙂
Old 01-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinskUK View Post
Did these sell out in a matter of minutes? Missed it while driving... When are these next due in stock?

Any videos of this in use? Not that many (or is that any) of us need much convincing, but a promotional tour would be nice. 🙂
New products usually show up on the site a day or two before they show in stock, just keep an eye on the site, you'll probably be able to order them this week.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorcery, Voodoo, Black Magic, I say...........
Old 01-20-2016, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

is this 180cfx in the pic?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 12.00.30 PM.png
Views:	1790
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	631134  
Old 01-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will that KST servo fit in the stock location in the frame?

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered along with some parts to get we over $125. From the pictures it looks well considered won't stop my servo fails - come on MKS, get it sorted! 😏
Old 01-24-2016, 06:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

innthe tail lynx we support a spacer in carbon as stiffeners that also can used as spacer to install the 3060 servo on std position. we will aslo sale that spacer with longer screw and longer linkage ball to help use in std position the 3060 that really seams one of the best option available for 180 rudder need
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Luca. Parts due tomorrow along with mount and spacer (hopefully I've order the right bit) as I wanted to try the original servo in the std position. If it's tests out well, it might be time to try the 3060
Old 01-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Arrived this morning and fitted!

Overall weight is similar too the Lynx tailcase, carbon boom, blade TT, blade gearbox and blade gears I replaced. Still need to sort out meshing with Lynx main gear. I'll work on it this evening. Standard servo fits in standard position and if you already have a carbon push rod, it can be reused.

The assembly is fantastic! It really is another Lynx work of art and just shows the quality of design and manufacturing that goes into these small parts.Hopefully it'll fly as good as it looks!

Roll on the new frame, motor and Oxy2!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Arrived this morning and fitted!

Overall weight is similar too the Lynx tailcase, carbon boom, blade TT, blade gearbox and blade gears I replaced. Still need to sort out meshing with Lynx main gear. I'll work on it this evening. Standard servo fits in standard position and if you already have a carbon push rod, it can be reused.

The assembly is fantastic! It really is another Lynx work of art and just shows the quality of design and manufacturing that goes into these small parts.Hopefully it'll fly as good as it looks!

Roll on the new frame, motor and Oxy2!
The mount for mounting the servo in the lower stock location... Is this the same mount that comes with the normal Lynx front tail case?

You mention meshing issues with the main gear... Can you elaborate on what issues you are having?

Old 01-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it looks the same. I'd assumed that the front mount wasn't included so order the parts but found on arrival the assembly included both the front mount/cf plate and the boom mounts. I installed the front mount. Standard servo fits and the Lynx CF pushrod I already had fitted without need for adjustment (so now I have a spare.)

The belt is smooth but not as friction free as the TT. I have a Lynx main gear which does seem to offer slightly more resistance. This coupled with the new tail drive gear and belt meant that the head would not spin freely. Wasn't tight just resistant. The frame offers little scope for adjusting the mesh. I improved this by removing the screws holding the tail case and moving it out of the way. Checked and re-mesh the motor. Re-ritted the tail by adding a screw to each side and adjusting to get the freest run. Then add the rest of the screws, one by one and checking. It didn't take long. Did notice though whilst testing on the bench without blades that vibes are greatly reduced. Test flew in kitchen. So far so good. Need to get outside now!

Last edited by MinskUK; 01-26-2016 at 02:18 AM..
MinskUK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The belt is smooth but not as friction free as the TT.
TT.....i have a idea......the stock (TT) bearings (rear and front - total 4) fits in this new tail system?
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

belt have different friction action than bevel gear. if we consider start drag rotation belt have higer drag on start but increasing the rpm and the tail load the drag curve of the belt keep very costant and lower of the bear.. gear increasing rpm and in particolar the load increase drag for friction effect.. the very important factor in belt is the tension. in the 180 one the pulley are very small and the tension need set carefully to evoid to overload bearing or evoid the disingage. we suggest a tight side belt load. I usually process like this for any small belt set up. I made first a boom clamp lock not completly fix. in the way he can slide but with good friction. than I tension the belt a lot.. than I spin the sistem for a couple of full belt revolution and after that I compress with a screwdrive one side of the belt to create a very small bent.. 1 mm approx moove.. than I lock tight the boom clamp.. after that I recheck for a couple of turn and I test holding the tail hub and rotate the head if have any disingage.. The belt tension result preatty tight but system not overload.. after 5 first fly I recheck the tensions.. normally this way help me to get a good tension for long time. if you like made the belt more soft I a good way to add little triflow oil or silicon oil on the belt before install it.. belt are strong rubber and on micros run better when is more soft.. I can see the belt more soft adding the oil before install.. this will speed up the breackin time of the belt that in any case after 10 or 20 fly will become very smooth compare news one.. for more info let us know
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2016, 05:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info Luca. Experimented last night and went a tad tighter than I would on a larger model. There's still a start load, but I've bumped the ESC start power to 100% to help.

Had a few 'kitchen flights' and one thing is apparent, vibes are significantly reduced. On a Vinyl floor it will sit there at take off head speed with no dancing across the floor or tilting behaviors. Need to get it outside to test fly properly but as we're back to gales today I suspect more indoor tuning is the order of the day.

With the forthcoming frame, motor, larger LiPo, I can only see this adding weight. Are stretch belt components and blades planned too?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

MinskUK please the stock (TT) bearings (2x rear and 2x front) fits in the front tail support and in the tail case ?
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in