Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Must be Collin Bell's or Alan's 700n from Huntsville
timmay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #62 (permalink)
col
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
The 60EFL Pro uses a 650MX motor, and thats still a 600. But yeah, something bigger than a 700 would be nice.
650MX??! What have u been smoking lol where have u heard that a 650 existed?

If you owned a 600epro you would know it uses a 600MX
col is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
650MX??! What have u been smoking lol where have u heard that a 650 existed?

If you owned a 600epro you would know it uses a 600MX
Own and fly one, but yeah you are indeed correct. Sorry for the confusion.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikestabber View Post
LOL, now theres a blatant KDE ripoff.

EDIT: Unless KDE sold them rights to use said design, the shapes are just too similar to simply be a clone of the idea.

That said, I'm sure Align's is just as good, and will be half the price. (KDE products are stingy)

Now, too bad Align wouldn't add all these upgraded parts in their kits, I don't mind paying extra for a kit with much better parts (along with DFC heads as stock though that ones probably already coming).
KDE copied Kalt, Hirobo, MA in the first place. Old design

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t694109p1/
SuperFatCat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fitted the new tail linkage yesterday, took a couple of hours moving the parts around to get it smooth with no binding.
But WOW, once it's right, no slop and smooth.

very nice.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love the new tail slide smôoth and no slôop, my 700 tail nơw on rail. Bést ủpgrade ểvẻr
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just upgraded to the new rudder control tonight...will report after tomorrow's flight.

It looks like I'm going to have to re-setup the rudder parameters on my beastx after this upgrade. Did others have to adjust their FBLs as well?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockman View Post
Just upgraded to the new rudder control tonight...will report after tomorrow's flight.

It looks like I'm going to have to re-setup the rudder parameters on my beastx after this upgrade. Did others have to adjust their FBLs as well?
I just set the center of the tail and tail limit, to the FBI setting remains unchanged
andreansyah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

the onlything i needs to adjust is rudder control rod/ball links
Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #70 (permalink)

Has anyone tried to use this on a fly barred version? I just ordered the new tail pitch slider for my 700 f3c v2. curious on if i will have to do any changing on my gyro and or settings.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #71 (permalink)

SO I have finally received my new align tail upgrade along with the kde direct tail upgrade v2 which are the little links that attach to the blade grips. I am curious do I really have to modify those, and where do the extra large bearings go and washers? The instructions on the web site are pretty vague and really do not show my upgrade part.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
SO I have finally received my new align tail upgrade along with the kde direct tail upgrade v2 which are the little links that attach to the blade grips. I am curious do I really have to modify those, and where do the extra large bearings go and washers? The instructions on the web site are pretty vague and really do not show my upgrade part.
Put it together and with the tail control rod disconnected moving the tail arm should be smooth as butter. If it's not then the fun begins.The solution is too long to write unless you have binding.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #73 (permalink)

Well I finally have it complete and it is as smooth as satin. I had to sand a little bit inside the t housing, which is thee only non silver part now on the entire tail assembly. It went together faster then i though it would until i upgrade the links also from KDE. I had to sand for quite a while in order to get them to move freely. I also had to reset the travel on my gyro because it did not go far enough towards the tail blades, but the hub was coming in contact with the tail housing. I am wondering now if my gyro gain is going to be off etc. I am also concerned because the kde also included the second bearing for the tail blades along with a washer. i had to sand about 1/16 off the edge of the tail blades (where they mount) in order for them to mount correctly (basically the very end edge of the tail blade). Once it was completed it is very nice, but is kinda of annoying that KDE makes these parts as an upgrade but then they make you modify parts in order for them to fit. Not sure that sanding a little on my tail blades was worth putting the second bearing in the tail grips. Anyhow here are some pictures of the new slider.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	700 tail pitch slider 001.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	314770   Click image for larger version

Name:	700 tail pitch slider 002.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	314771   Click image for larger version

Name:	700 tail pitch slider 003.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	314772  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I finally have it complete and it is as smooth as satin. I had to sand a little bit inside the t housing, which is thee only non silver part now on the entire tail assembly. It went together faster then i though it would until i upgrade the links also from KDE. I had to sand for quite a while in order to get them to move freely. I also had to reset the travel on my gyro because it did not go far enough towards the tail blades, but the hub was coming in contact with the tail housing. I am wondering now if my gyro gain is going to be off etc. I am also concerned because the kde also included the second bearing for the tail blades along with a washer. i had to sand about 1/16 off the edge of the tail blades (where they mount) in order for them to mount correctly (basically the very end edge of the tail blade). Once it was completed it is very nice, but is kinda of annoying that KDE makes these parts as an upgrade but then they make you modify parts in order for them to fit. Not sure that sanding a little on my tail blades was worth putting the second bearing in the tail grips. Anyhow here are some pictures of the new slider.
Lookin' good Sarah. I wanna see some video of you flying that thing!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My new slider is super smooth. I should look into the other bits to get rid of the bushing as I've never been a fan of those on any size bird.

Last edited by rando; 05-14-2012 at 09:17 PM..
rando is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sarah1097
Quote:
i had to sand about 1/16 off the edge of the tail blades (where they mount) in order for them to mount correctly (basically the very end edge of the tail blade)
FYI - Checked my KDE tail upgrade on my T700 (Installed a year ago) and I didn't need to sand down the ends of the tail blades... Just install the T550 version and I did not need to sand either.

I guess the T700 is not making the trip to NYC
dyuen888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you have the new V2 tail blade holder assembly, you don't need the big bearings included in the KDE upgrade. The V2 grips arleady have 2 radial bearings and a thrust bearing.
dfrazier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #78 (permalink)

I have not even had a chance to fly it yet with the new upgrade. I have been in a pile of books, papers, notebooks, laptops, and stupid diagrams. Last final is today yipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppe eeee, I can finally get more then 3 hours of sleep a night instead of home work. I am pretty eager to fly this and see how much more precise it is.

I will try and post a video of me flying the 700 here shortly, when I get the chance to fly. I still think I have some posted in the ladies section as well, I will have to see if they are still there but i have like 3 i think in there.

In regards to the NYC intern, I get to leave for NYC June 10th which is pretty awesome. I have come to the sad conclusion along with my parents, that taking my car is pretty poor choice out of all the options presented. I am still up for taking my 700 however not sure where i will fly it. I was told I could basically take it apart, (remove the rotors, skids, tail boom fins etc) and have it shipped to me which lol the school will pay for so I am thinking about it. I will not have a car in nyc so not sure how that will work out. It is pretty interesting that my dad sorta gave me crap about it, yet when he went to nyc he took all of his baseball cards. Which I know is not the same but come really lol, I guess when you love your hobby, you love your hobby.

In regards to the sanding of the tail blades, the grips that I have are different then yours. I have the new stainless v2 version where they are a little shorter inside. However I also added the second radial bearing so now i have two radial bearins and the thrust in my tail. I switched all the bearings in the tail to ceramic bearings, and kept the thrust in there as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your're correct.. these are version 1 grips - no issues and can see the gap between the blade and the button head screw.

Offer stills stands if you're going to ship your T700, you got a place to fly..Just got back from flying and here's a 1/3 photo of our field from this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003_low.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	315813   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002_LOW.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	315815  
dyuen888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyuen888 View Post
Your're correct.. these are version 1 grips - no issues and can see the gap between the blade and the button head screw.

Your tail grip look bending

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in