Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis


Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
JMoore12
Registered Users
 
Posts: 638
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Whats a good motor for a E620?

I will be using 10-15s A123. Looking for some good power, is the Neu still the way to go?
JMoore12 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
concept1
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NE ohio
Default

I am very happy with the scorpion 630kv on 15sA123,
i get very good performance and 5-7 minute flights depending on how hard
concept1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
JMoore12
Registered Users
 
Posts: 638
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

3d or sport flying?
JMoore12 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
concept1
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NE ohio
Default

mixture of both, 3d closer to 5 minutes. up to 7 min sport
concept1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
concept1
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NE ohio
Default

on RCgroups their is a Good e620 thread with several reports of motors and 10-15s combo's, I had the Nue and it was a hot motor, but power hogg, I think the scorpion performs as well but more efficient, several others have tried the 780kv as well.
concept1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
JMoore12
Registered Users
 
Posts: 638
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

3d or sport flying? Is that the 4025 series?
JMoore12 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
rotorhead58d
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: south eastern pennsylvania
Default

don't underestimate the power of the ripper motors, OB1
rotorhead58d is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
JMoore12
Registered Users
 
Posts: 638
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

You went above my head on that one rotor. I know the neu seems like a powerhouse, the plentinburgheizen or whatever its called has alot of followers as well it seems.
JMoore12 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
Jamesppp
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,951
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carrollton,Georgia
Default

I built an E-620 about 6 weeks ago. I had a Scorpion 4025-890 that I bought for something else. I tried it and it had too much headspeed on 10S lipos. I put a 4025-740 in it and it is perfect for 10S. I would use the 630kv for up to 16S A-123's
It is not a power hog. I cant fly 3D but I like to do fast climbouts and use the power. It sounds so sweet.

This week, I replaced the z-30 1100kv in my Swift for a 4020-1100 Scorpion. That was very good decision. The firat 5, 5S packs I flew with it this week averaged only 70mah more consumption on 6.5 minute flights. This was 3700, 4000 and 4100mah packs. I flew each for the same length of time back to back. The CC HV-45, packs and motoe stayed cool and the power was noyicibly better.

With only one trip to the field, Im not sure what flight times Ill end up with and havent got enough stick time on the Raptor yet to know for sure. Both of those motors as well as the little 2221-8 in my Beam are working out great and you cant beat the price.
Jamesppp is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #10
JMoore12
Registered Users
 
Posts: 638
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

James, The 620 has adjustable gearing right? I would imagine you could compensate for the different cell counts with a pinion or MG change.
JMoore12 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Jamesppp
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,951
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carrollton,Georgia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoore12 View Post
James, The 620 has adjustable gearing right? I would imagine you could compensate for the different cell counts with a pinion or MG change.
The main gear is 111t. That is all that is available from TT. There is thread by one of the owners of True RC Canada that has modified some other other 120t main to use the TT one way bearing.

Other than that ..pinions are available from 8t up. I used the 8t on the 890kv Scorpion and the head speed was more than I wanted while running in the effiecient zone of the motor..that is why I bought a 740kv model.

The Ripper motors for the Raptors are said to be Z Power motorsso there is an equivalent to the Z-30 and the larger Z-50..not sure aif the Z-50 size is available in more than 1 kv rating. I like Z-30 motors a lot and have flown my Swift with one since I started flying helis eariler this year. I pulled it out and replaced it with the new Scorpion 4020-1100 last week for a change of pace and a bit more power

I suppose if I felt the neu was hands down better, much more efficient or whatever I would pay the price for one..but from my limited experience I dont feel that it is. I know I prefered my little Sorpion 2221-8 in my Beam to my buddies Neu in his Mini Titan

BTW thr TT stock motors used in Mini Titans are not supposed to be Z-Power motors

Sad fact for me is that all of the motors available have more capability than I have with my poor flying skills. Ill keep plugging along at it till something happens because I do enjoy the things, from the selecting and ordering components to the building to what passes for flying in my case

Jimmy
Jamesppp is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
JMoore12
Registered Users
 
Posts: 638
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Quote:
The main gear is 111t. That is all that is available from TT. There is thread by one of the owners of True RC Canada that has modified some other other 120t main to use the TT one way bearing.

Other than that ..pinions are available from 8t up. I used the 8t on the 890kv Scorpion and the head speed was more than I wanted while running in the effiecient zone of the motor..that is why I bought a 740kv model.
Gotcha, I read a review somewhere that spoke of adjustable gearing so I wasnt sure.

Quote:
The Ripper motors for the Raptors are said to be Z Power motorsso there is an equivalent to the Z-30 and the larger Z-50..not sure aif the Z-50 size is available in more than 1 kv rating. I like Z-30 motors a lot and have flown my Swift with one since I started flying helis eariler this year. I pulled it out and replaced it with the new Scorpion 4020-1100 last week for a change of pace and a bit more power
I know alot of the 550 guys use the Z power motors.

Quote:
I suppose if I felt the neu was hands down better, much more efficient or whatever I would pay the price for one..but from my limited experience I dont feel that it is. I know I prefered my little Sorpion 2221-8 in my Beam to my buddies Neu in his Mini Titan

BTW thr TT stock motors used in Mini Titans are not supposed to be Z-Power motors

Sad fact for me is that all of the motors available have more capability than I have with my poor flying skills. Ill keep plugging along at it till something happens because I do enjoy the things, from the selecting and ordering components to the building to what passes for flying in my case
Well if you ever want to give some away, im your guy.
I have seen your blog on RCG, and you have quite a few nice ones.
Thanks for the info, I certainly appreciate it.
-J
JMoore12 is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis


Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com