Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Old 11-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
d34thn01r
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What is the difference between the Blade CP and the Blade CP Pro?

I'm looking to step up from my CX2 in a few weeks, which would be a logical step up? Or would the E-sky Belt CP be a better choice
d34thn01r is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Rototerrier
Registered Users

I believe the CP doesn't go inverted. Otherwise, they are the same.

As far as next step up, skip the small helis. The bigger it is, the more stable it is. I am not an eflite fan...but, if you are and want to stay in that segment...get the 400.

I would strongly advice jumping into a 500 class heli though. Parts are cheap and it is absolutely the perfect size. Not so big that it is overwhelming and not so small that it is finiky and unstable.

edit: I did the CX2 and easily spent 1000 trying to get the CP Pro to fly like a real heli. I remember being afraid of the going larger because of cost and size. They don't cost nearly as much when they are easier to fly and don't crash as often
Rototerrier is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
The Steve-O
Registered Users

I would agree and go with a 400 or larger heli. The CP got me into the hobby but is much harder to fly than my T-Rex 450. If you want to try it, I think the CP is a fun flier, but quick! The Blade 400 looks to be a good kit and at least with a good radio, and would be more stable due to size.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
bpd964
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

I agree on the bigger heli as well. I've owned everything from a palm heli to 100 size on up to 600 size. The bigger helis are a quite a bit more stable which makes flying a bit easier. Grab a good sim and at least a 400 size bird.

Don't get me wrong, a smaller heli would work given a decent amount of effort.

As far as the difference between the cp and the cp pro. I think it has to do with the hiller and bell-hiller head setup..
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
d34thn01r
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thanks for the replies... as I last recall, the Belt CP is a 400 sized bird... I could be wrong... but I've been droolin over the Trex 450 SE v2, as well as the blade 400, and the Belt CP v2... I've even toyed with the idea of the Walkera 4G3 for some indoor fun... it's just so hard to decide... Price wise, they all cost about the same after all the upgrades, the Trex would cost a little more then the rest, but is it worth it?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
bpd964
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Well, if you are talking about the e-flite blades.. They are both 300 size heli's..

Then the cp is the yellow one and the cp pro is the grey one.. Of course you can have any color canopy you want but to make it simple here are the two that I thought you were talking about.

Esky makes the Belt CP which is 400 size and uses a belt drive tail. The blades don't use a belt unless you upgrade it with the belt tail conversion..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blade_cp_pro.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	70628   Click image for larger version

Name:	bladecp.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	70629  
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
d34thn01r
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was referring to the Belt CP from Esky... I remember hearing something from someone (I obviously don't remember from whom or where ) That the belt/shaft drive driven rear rotor is more responsive/better then a seperate motor... So I guess the over all advice here is to skip the cp and cp pro and just go straight to a belt or Trex, amiright?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
EVBmcx
Registered Users

I started on the CP+ (which is like the CP but has LiPo batteries) and am frustrated but having fun. If I had started on a CX2, I would definitely be more frustrated with this helo. Skip the 300 size and get a 400. It sounds like stability offsets replacement part cost.
T-Rex 500ESP, GY401/9257, 6s 3000mAh 100% Flat TC X9303; Blade mCX
EVBmcx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #9
d34thn01r
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so NOW the question (since the populor concenus is to skip the 300 size birds) is
E-sky Belt CP?
E-flite Blade 400?
Align T-Rex 450 SE v2?
Any suggestions aside from those 3?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #10
Kindling Maker
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would sugguest hte B-400I have had one since Feburary of this year and crashed it exactly twice. Both were due to me having Cranial rectal inversion, not the helicopter. The B400 is a bit bigger than the Trex 450 and it is easy to work on. I had a CPPro and was about to quit the hobby because of it. THe difference between the CP and the CPPro is the pro comes with a Bell Hiller head and LiPo batteries while the CP doesnt have the Bell hiller head and comes with NiCd I think. THe bell Hiller head makes all the difference. I spent a small fortune trying to get my CPPro flying and every time I thought I had it, a tail motor would go out, or the Tail rotor would back out of its gear, or it would do something that was wild and I would chop the tail boom off, Go with a bigger bird I really sugguest the B-400, you will save money in the long run.
Walkera #38
Skylifter Tandem
Kindling Maker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
The Steve-O
Registered Users

I', a T-Rex flier... The T-Rex 450 is very stable once setup, but you have to pick up your own electronics and radio. The Blade 400 comes with all that, so if you want an all in one kit, go with the Blade.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
WickedDragon
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you've got the $$$$ go for it!!!!!! TREX 450 SE V2; You'll quickly forget all about E-flite!

Gravity isn't just a good idea, it's the LAW!
TRex450SE DFC; TRex450Pro DFC; TRex500 DFC Pro; TRex600N DFC's; CHP-TRex600eDL DFC; Trex700e DFC Pro
WickedDragon is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others