START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
rnbiker
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Governor on nitro heli with 6 channels??

This may seem a stupid noob question, but since I am a stupid noob....here goes....

Can I run a governor for my nitro heli with only 6 channels? Is a governor necessary enough to force an upgrade to DX7? I currently have a DX6i and I'm building my first two nitro helis (Kinetic 50 and Hawk Pro) and I have read that most people use a governor. However, I was wondering how they are controlled and do they require another channel that I don't have. I have heard there are governors that don't require a channel in your radio.....if so, what is a good one to purchase? Sorry to sound so stupid, but I want to set these up correctly and the best that I can. Thanks fellow Helifreaks!!! Please advise??
Pantera 50 nitro, Kinetic 50 nitro, Century Hawk Sport/Pro nitro, Exi 450 Pro, Dragonus II, Blade 400, Extreme-modded HBK2, Blade mCx and S300, Novus CP brushless, and M.P.V.S.T. (Multiple Planks of Various Size and Type).....
rnbiker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
BarracudaHockey
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can probably get by with just starting one thread per question.
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
Hate_To_Crash
Registered Users

Here ya go....

If you want to keep a constant headspeed and do not have the 7th channel for a gov/revlimiter, you can still use the Throttle Jockey RevMax. The RevMax allows you to set the RPM with a channel on your radio or a Pot on the RevMax. Here is a snipit from the manual........

Quote Setting the Target RPM

If the AUX channel was connected during calibration, the target RPM can be set remotely (REMOTE MODE). If calibration was performed without the AUX channel, the target RPM is set using the rpm POT (MANUAL MODE). Switching between Manual and Remote modes will require re-calibration.
Setting the Target RPM in Manual mode

The position of the rpm POT determines the target RPM. If the POT is turned fully anti-clockwise, the target RPM is set to 9500rpm. If the POT is set fully clockwise, the target RPM is set to 20500rpm. The POT can be set anywhere in this range. The position of the POT proportionally corresponds to a RPM setting between 9500rpm and 20500rpm. After calibration, start with a low initial setting and slowly progress to higher values until the desired RPM is achieved.

The RevMax will take over your throttle when the Engine RPM get too high and bring it back down to the Target RPM. Then it passes control back over to your Throttle Channel. You can use this to get the RevMax to act like a Governor. Set your Target RPM and then set your Throttle Curve to 100s all the way. Now it will work just like a Governor. IF you do it this way, you need to make sure you have a Normal Throttle Curve setup incase the sensor fails. Then you will not risk overreving the engine if the sensor fails.

Also, the Spektrum Backplate sensor works with the RevMax. I use it on my Raven. I like it because you do not have to worry about installing magnets and then mounting the pickup. Just screw the sensor on the backplate and go. Simple install
Hate_To_Crash is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
James Kovach
Registered Users

Hey, thanks for copying and pasting that for me I didnt have to do it LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Host
James Kovach is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support