START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
bigdave165
Registered Users

Default New to Heli flight, trouble blade tracking

I bought my Belt cp about 2 months ago and am learning how to adjust things to get a stable flight, but am having trouble pitching in the blades and getting them to track correctly. can anyone help me out?
bigdave165 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
tom dubya
Registered Users

Well a couple of things first.
1. I'm already jealous of you because you live in florida and can fly comfortably all year long, but I'll try and get past that to help you.
2. Did you go through the whole set up properly like starting with servos at 90 ,then swash plate level and on up. Here is a pretty good link to a sticky for that.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=68536&page=11
3.If you are using the esky blades don't plan on getting them to track to well,they are just crap and you really need to start using blades like the align 315 or 325 woodies.
I'd need more info from you to give you any other advice than that though.

And welcome to the freak,lots of good guys here to help if i can't.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
dan the man
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the Freak

I second the align blades if you don't already have them, you will probably never get the eskys to track. The eskys also have big heavy weights in them and they suck horribly. The aligns fly and track SOOO much better

Do you happen to have a computer radio? If you do you can flip the blade grips around which seemed to help with tracking for me and also helps absorb gusts. I personally prefer how it flies with this mod (although it doesn't make a huge difference). You need a comp tx to do this though.
dan the man is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
legine
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan the man View Post
The eskys also have big heavy weights in them .
The align blades also have weights in them, but i do agree they are 10 million times better than stock blades.....no exaggerations!!!
legine is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
bigdave165
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have gone through basic set up with the servos and tail set up. The blades I originally tried were e sky woodies, but I went through them real quik. so right now I have a set of 325 carbon blades by exceed. I have managed to get them to track close but not exact. My goal is to achieve the most stable flight I can so I can learn better as a beginner. I also have a manual controller, but am looking at buying a computerized controller soon most likely a futabwa with servo contol. I also managed to get a lot of practice on my simulator before trying to fly.
bigdave165 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #6
tom dubya
Registered Users

Did you balance the blades also? that would help.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Heli Yea!
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Blade tracking is all in the setup! If your blades don't track your setup is wrong! You need to redo the setup and balance the blades as suggested. You need the proper tools as well ie. swash leveler, pitch gauge, blade balancer. Without these tools your setup is worthless. This might not be what you want to hear but it is 100% fact!
Belt'ish CP FBL, HDX 500 DFC, New V120D02S FBL, Mini CP FBL, Hirobo Shuttle ZX, 450 DFC, QR-X350PRO FPV, 450 FPV(in progress) DEVO 10 white 2km range!
Heli Yea! is online now        Reply With Quote

Tags
bigdave165@yahoo.com

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP