Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
FLYN
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Motor But Now Bad Vib!

Right, a strange one for you...

I posted last week about how my 3 week old motor packed up, after replacing the duff one I'm now getting a really bad vertical vibration going through the whole heli (obviously most pronounced at the end of the tail Boom) & its only really noticeable at flight head speeds while airborne. I only removed the Motor & I'm sure the new one is fine as its pulls & spins well.

At first I thought I may have bent my Tail shaft so I switched it out but the vibration was the same. Then just for good measure I switched out my Tail Blades & then the Main Shaft all with no results. I've also been all over the heli looking for loose bits & bolts etc & found nothing that would cause this vibration, although I did find that the vibration caused some Swashplate eye thingys to loosen! VERY BAD!

The other thing I noticed was the the lower drive gear moves up & down a bit more than I thought it used as it rotates around with the Main Shaft (although its seems more of a flutter). I'm not too sure, but when I removed my old motor the mesh did seem a little tight into the Main Gear, do you think this could've caused issues in the gears/bearing etc? (1way doesn't slip by hand)

Gona change out my Tail Boom & Feathering Shaft, purely out of frustration.

Thanks for any input.
FLYN is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Atomsk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the motor mounted securely? Make sure the collar on the main shaft isn't too high, you don't want to gears to unmesh.
Blade MSR
Atomsk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
FLYN
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yeah I think it is, Sokal was kind enough to help with the removal process, it went back in the same way & is clamped in place. I also did the paper thing setting the mesh. The Main Shaft collar is set as it should, the base of the MS is flush with the lower edge of the lowest MS bearing & the Main Gear is centered with the motor pinion.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Redfire SVT
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYN View Post
The other thing I noticed was the the lower drive gear moves up & down a bit more than I thought it used as it rotates around with the Main Shaft (although its seems more of a flutter). I'm not too sure, but when I removed my old motor the mesh did seem a little tight into the Main Gear, do you think this could've caused issues in the gears/bearing etc? (1way doesn't slip by hand)

FLYN, maybe you over tightened the bolt that goes through the tail drive gear. If you over tighten the bolt it will deform the hub and cause a vibration. Closely examine your main tail drive gear. The hub can not be warpped and the gear needs to be flat when laid on a table.

It's worth a shot to look into, I've had this happen to me.
Redfire SVT is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #5
FLYN
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice one, weak plastic parts I guess or fists of ham on my part. I'll take a look.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
sokal
Registered Users

check gear meshes

thier should be a lil amount of back lash between the motor pinion and main gear along with lower main and belt pully

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B400 DS285/3400G/401/-8/40Aesc/sonicCNC/CNCframe
TwinRexx: 6xHS-65/2xGY240/jfg500/TH2
CH-47D/UH-1H Crewchief/ Mechanic
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
FLYN
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As far as I can tell the meshes look good to me, though I must admit I'm not too sure on the precise positions each gear needs to be in. But each gear looks to have a good position on each of the main gears, there are small gaps between the end of each tooth, maybe about a 1/4 to a 1/5 of the overall tooth length (Maybe about 0.5mm).
Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
FLYN
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I went to my LHS & showed them the heli, they said the mesh was fine along with everything else. They looked at the tail drive gear & said it may need changing & after much deliberation & a thorough once round the heli we came to the conclusion the dampeners (rubber o-rings in head) were shot! I changed them out along with a new feathering shaft, as I think when the old motor locked it may have put them both out!

So good news I got most (75%) of the vibration cured! I think I'm gone change that tail drive gear & see if it does the rest.

P.S. Please forgive my ignorance but does anybody know what the length of clear rubber pipe that comes with the o-rings is for? Also the B400 takes only 2 of the 4 o-ring dampeners in the pack correct? -Just wona be sure.

Thanks.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters