Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim > Phoenix Custom Creations

Phoenix Custom Creations Phoenix Flight Sim Custom Models and Fields

Old 02-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
neo1234
Registered Users

Default 450SE

Hi,
is 450 SE fly like 450 V2 so I can train on it?
thanks
neo1234 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
TK5028
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure about the SE, I have a SA. I do have flybar weights on mine. The Rex in Phoenix seemed real twitchy. I went into edit and noticed they have -25% expo, I changed it to 0 and it flew a lot tamer.
TK5028 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Slyster
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes.. change their expo to 0 in edit model. Then put +10 expo on your radio (as you should do in real life if you do in the radio on the sim)... slow the tail down a bit in edit model too
Old 02-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
DominicD
The Capi

My HF Map location

Depends on your setup .... the 450se on the sim is mind numbing slow compared to my bird.

Spreading capibara awareness since 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DominicD is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Slyster
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL!! The stock Phoenix 450's are SO fast compared to my real 450! Shows the limitations of a sim... or really the flexibility... and also the variability of both. One must really fly the sim and the real deal both.. and adjust BOTH to taste.. and to match.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #6
tyrick69
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
yes.. change their expo to 0 in edit model. Then put +10 expo on your radio (as you should do in real life if you do in the radio on the sim)... slow the tail down a bit in edit model too
Not to disagree Sly but I think it's better to leave the expo in your radio at 0 and instead set expo in the sim. This way, you can set it differently for every model. If you set it in the radio, it will be the same for everything you fly in the sim.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
The Thorn
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I think the 450 in phoenix is really tame when the expo is set to 0 in the sim settings. My 450 is just a little less tame. But it is all adjustable in this sim. If you more reactive heli, you just stiffen the rotor dampers (I don't know how it is called right now, because I am on anoher system). I know it has big effect on the reaction, and not the rotationspeed.

I also feel like the rotationspeed of the rotor has very little effect on all the aspects of the flying model. Only when the rotationspeed is below 2000, it gets a bit of difference. I feel a much bigger difference in the reactions of my 450 when I run it on 100% throtle, as when I am running it at around 70%. I am sure my 450 has a higher headspeed then 200rpm at 70% throttle in a hover.

If the phoenix model of the 450 feels like the real one? Well, it depends on your setup. The people of phoenix can't take every different setup (electronic and mechanic) in account in the flight model, because there are almost countless combinations. It is better to set the simulator to somewhat the same as your own heli. I hi nk phoenix made a very nice base to do that, and in a not too difficult way.
The Thorn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Slyster
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hear ya.. but it's ok since I used +8 expo in real life on both the 450 and 500. But I'll remember that when I need to dial one down.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim > Phoenix Custom Creations

Phoenix Custom Creations Phoenix Flight Sim Custom Models and Fields