Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
John Cook
Registered Users

Location: Winnebago IL Where the politicians are MORE corrupt-Thanks alot Blago/Burris/Daley etc...
Default Anyone interested in some factory direct 8S and 7S packs

I'm considering testing some packs from a manufacturer.

I was thinking of placing a sample order to check cell quality against their claims. At this point it's very preliminary, but if I go through with this, it would be nice to be able to offer packs to some forum members at my cost, in an effort to get more data re: cells.

I was considering having them build the following

3000mah 6S 20, 25, and 30C packs

4200 and 4500mah 8S 20, 25, or 30C packs

5000mah 6S, 20, 25, and 30C packs

5000mah 7S(for users that want better power than 6S, but don't want to upgrage ESC motor---use at own risk) 20, 25, or 30C

I don't have pricing yet, but I would imagine it's going to be similar to the "Zippy" cell pricing from Hobby City, probably a bit more given the small build #'s and custom spec's.

Anyway, if nobody is interested, no worries. Just thought I'd offer this in case anyone wanted to try something different and spec'd closer to their needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Registered Users

And who is manufacturer?
0636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
eightythree
Registered Users

could you get any estimated weight?

4200 mah 30C 8s..... bout how heavy?
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
John Cook
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Location: Winnebago IL Where the politicians are MORE corrupt-Thanks alot Blago/Burris/Daley etc...

chineese plant not going to release name b/c I don't want to get into debates with other reps etc... If you really need to know I will discuss it via pm I'm told these are factory direct. We will see. I've been promised things before in business that are not the case. I'm not out here to make $ on this sample order. I simply want data on the quality of these cells. Offering my sample cost to other users allows me to increase the sample size and get end user experience. If all is good, I may re-consider importing more lipos for bulk/group buys. Not sure I want to get into that though. It's alot of hassle.

I wont buy them myself if I don't think they will be good. That said, I've been wrong before. I'm guessing at this point they should be as good or better than Zippy H's, but that remains to be proven/seen. I'm told by the company rep they should be as good as SMC/Outrage. I'm skeptical but hopeful.

re: manufacturer. Don't confuse manufacturer with Brand ie FP/TP etc... They don't make cells, they buy from Enerland for example and resell to their specs.

Mainly, and I want to be 100% clear about this..... If you want to try something different and hopefully not spend a ton, then this might be for you. If you can't afford it, are nervous about it, or question my motives etc... Then I'd rather not have you order. It's just not worth the stress for you or I.

Myself, I'm an oddball in several ways. I like to find the "diamond in the rough" to quote a line from Disney's Alladin(kids watch it so much I almost know it verbatem). I like Zippy packs now b/c they are pretty cheap and decent quality. I don't want to spend $250-300 on a 6S 5000mah pack when I can get the Zippy for $115. I might spend $150 if I could get the same punch as the Outrage though , that is where I'm coming from. That is my hope for these packs, that they will approach the punch and ability to deliver power that the Outrage and better packs offer.

To me Outrage/SMC are the benchmark now(best out there). FP/TP pfft, to me they are over priced and are not what they used to be in quality etc... Too many reports of junk packs after 15-20 cycles.

Some people are ok with spending the $ on Outrage cells. There is NOTHING wrong with that. They seem to be AWESOME packs and I dont' intend to slam them at all as again I believe they are among the best out there. For me and my flying ability, and what I consider what I want to spend, they are very pricey. I don't have much free time. When I do fly I like to FLY not Charge. I like to have 4-6 sets of packs(so I can charge in advance) for each heli or more. That would be too much $ for me personally to justify investing in packs like Outrage. If I didn't work so much and have so many family demands, I could spend more time at the field and not be so impatient about charging; I would probably think that the $250 Outrage pack would be great due to the warranty/support/crash protection etc.... You are paying for the name, the service, support, crash protection warranty etc... They have to charge you for that. You are paying for it up front. Myself, I'm willing to sacrafice that support etcc if I can get a markedly better price. Just my 2 cents and doesn't make me right or wrong, just how I think, and I know other's like myself think that way.

If we could establish a good source for good quality lipo's we might be able to do group buys and all save some $. Until we find out if these are the real deal, or piles of junk, I cannot say. The discharge curve I've been shown is impressive, but at this point it's just a curve with nothing to back it up. but the company rep's "assurances". I tend to trust people, but this is business for them, and I hate to say it, but sometimes people will lie. I don't get that impression from this person, but you never know. I woud like to say, yeah I've tested these cells and they beat Outrage, but I'd be an idiot or a liar to claim that now given I haven't tested them myself.

I hope this better explains what I'm intending to do. Again, I'm not here to waste my time or yours. I don't have the energy or time to put that much effort into this. I do want people to be happy if we buy these cells though, so I will make every effort to insure I will not be disappointed, and I'm pretty anal about things like that. I can't offer guarantees though, that's the risk here. We might hit a home run, or strike out..... I don't see alot of people jumping on this. Maybe nobody and that's fine. Again, I would rather not have people do this if they are going to freak out on me if these are junk or we feel ripped off. I just thought I'd offer this to some people that like myself like the thrill of the hunt so to speak and are daring enough to try these out.

At this point, I'm not committed to buying anything, and wouldn't take $ until I have batteries in hand. IF IF IF I do progress and place an order; I would want comittments though from people who are going to follow through though as I don't want to get stuck with product I don't need/want. So if for some reason I get a ton of responses wanting to try something I would have to limit how many people and what is ordered b/c I don't have that much $ to front for the order in the first place, and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking $ upfront. If something happened and the batteries never showed, I'd rather eat the losss than have my name drug across the internet as a theirf/scammer.

Spartan RC
Old 03-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
John Cook
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightythree View Post
could you get any estimated weight?

4200 mah 30C 8s..... bout how heavy?
hehe
already requested that info
I'm awaiting reply but communication is a problem due to time differences between here and China. Plus I work ALOT and this is just a side interest for me, NOT a job
if people that are interested can email me(jcook84889@comcast.net), I will try to start an email group that I can update information on batteries etc... that way I won't have to email different people all the time. I think that would be best, open to suggestions though

Spartan RC
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
teshreve
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd be interested in trying out some 8S 4200 30C packs.
Nothing between 3000 and 4200, eh?
Wouldn't mind test driving 10S on the cheap
teshreve is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
Al Miessner
Registered Users

My HF Map location

coronal
I'm very interested in one or two 6S 5000 packs once you have prices.
I did this same test for another company which I'm still waiting on weather to
get nice to finish the cycle count on them. difference here I'll be paying for these batts
pm me when you have information or ready to order. thanks

GrandRC Team Pilot

Last edited by Al Miessner; 03-05-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Al Miessner is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
snjbird
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm switching to 8S soon so yea I would like to try some out, I'll be running on 8S 4200 OXP25's so that will be my control group? PM a quote if you can?
snjbird is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
twistedgrim
Registered Users

I would be intrested in 2 6s 5000 packs either 25C or 30C (if 30C isnt too heavy) I have an eagletree logger I use to watch the pack performance..
twistedgrim is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
jhelicrasher
Registered Users

I'm interested - I'll keep an eye on the thread.
jhelicrasher is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
John Cook
Registered Users

I'm keeping everyone in mind. I've been very busy past couple days as my 10month old son has had the GI bug going around and We had to take him into the ER the other night for IV fluids.

I'm a Nurse Practitioner and my wife is a Peds ICU nurse, so we have a pretty high threshold before we take our kids in.

Anyway................. Things are returning to the "normal" chaos of our house so I can start trying to get more info about this......

thx

Spartan RC
Old 03-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Gregg
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry about your child. My Mother had that and it was really hard on her, seemed like it tood her forever to get over it. But to the point, I have 2 Zippy H batts coming, a 3s and a 4s to make a 7s 5000mah batt pack. Since these will be brand new seems like a good comparison to the new batts you're talking about, so I'd be interested in doing a side by side comparision of these.
Gregg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Anubis328
Registered Users

I'm currently running 8s 3850s, so I'd check out the 8s packs if more info becomes available.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #14
John Cook
Registered Users

here is info
and yes I did confirm that the 4500mah weighs less than the 4200, which I find odd, but explained that the 4500 is using a different chemistry.

Company rep got back with me. 20C is all that is available for the larger packs

Here is dimensions and weight

6S 5000mah 20C AE9545150P4H8R weight:760g, size: 160mmx46mmx57mm

7S 5000mah 20C AE9545150P4H8R weight: 890g, size: 160mmx46mmx67mm

8S 4200mah 20C AE11044125P4H9RNI C=4000-4200MAH weight: 1050g, size:135mmx45mmx88mm

8S 4500mah 20C /AE12044132P4H8RI C=4500-4800MAH weight:990g, size:142mmx45mmx96mm

here are some 6S packs that would be good for a TREX500
6S 3000mah 20C AE8044125P4H5R weight:490g, size: 135mmx45mmx48mm ;
6S 3000mah 25C AE8844132P4H8R weight:520g, size: 142mmx45mmx53mm

now the 8S packs seem heavy to me. I'm not sure how they will balance out in a 600E. Outrage are QUITE a bit lighter. Then again, for the $ these might be worth a shot.

I might try a 7S on my buddy's 600E(stock 600XL and 75A esc), and my Outrage 550 just to see how it goes.

Spartan RC
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Al Miessner
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is a bummer about 20C. My flying style realy doesn't permit 20C performance batteries without short life span. I will be interested if they start to offer 25+ C rating
thanks anyway CoronaL.

GrandRC Team Pilot
Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #16
John Cook
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick77 View Post
That is a bummer about 20C. My flying style realy doesn't permit 20C performance batteries without short life span. I will be interested if they start to offer 25+ C rating
thanks anyway CoronaL.
understood

here is my 2cents with lipo's and ratings
If a 6S 5000mah was a true 20c that would be PLENTY of power even for the best stick bangers on a 600E. HOWEVER, I really don't know of any that will pull 20C over the whole pack and live. My latest Zippy's I think are pretty dang good, and are a great bang for the $ though. What I was hoping is we could get something of similar or better quality and be able to buy them lol. Dang zippy's are always out fo stock.

Spartan RC
Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #17
JesusFreak
Registered Users

Need at least 25C myself. I'm looking for 8S 4000 or 4200 packs.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
John Cook
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak View Post
Need at least 25C myself. I'm looking for 8S 4000 or 4200 packs.
rgr
well what I listed is what I was offered so I understand if you want higher. Wish I could tell you different, but I won't lie, and I guess I respect the rep for not promising 25-30c when they weren't. Some would.... Aks me how I know

Spartan RC
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
teshreve
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brand X 8S 4200 vs. Outrage 8S 4200
Brand X has 36% more volume, 34% more weight, 20% less current handling

Brand X 8S 4500 vs. Outrage 8S 4200
Brand X has 56% more volume, 26% more weight, 7% more capacity, 17% less current handling

I'd compare zippy too, but they don't make an 8S pack (do they?).
If they are cheap enough, I'd still be interested. It was very cool of you to offer. And who knows, maybe the C rating is conservative.
I think the 4500 will still easily fit in a 600, and it looks like the better option.
teshreve is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #20
Al Miessner
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes thank you for the offer I suppose I'd still buy one if they are under that magic price.
when and if you do get a price please post it. I will respond as soon as possible to let you know about my order.

GrandRC Team Pilot

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.