R-4-L
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Maxi Joker 3 (Torque Tube & Flybarless ready) !! WOT

http://www.minicopter.de/en/index.html

Now has torque tube drive option !

Features

-Extremely stable and rigid chassis
- Integrated host of Flybarless electronics in a well protected chassis.
- Compartments for components above the flight battery as well as optimum antenna position.
- Integrated battery slot for up to 12s/5000 mAh Battery
- Engine mount acts as a cooling plate for the ESC, a small buffer battery can be mounted above the esc.
- Additional freewheel clutch between main-and tailrotor, an easy to mount and remove torque tube drive
- Easily removable tail boom for transportation and maintenance purposes
- Precision scissor linkage on the tail rotor featuring 9 (!) bearings
- Precision swashplate with double ball raced swash holder and swash drive with 8 bearings.
- Direct CCPM linkages to the swashplate without the old push-pull linkages.
- Robust flybarless rotor damping with different hardnesses.

Mount Makers ! Hurry and get one to make yours compatible
R-4-L is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
R-4-L
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

hmm , I've been reading, it seems flybarless is compulsory here !
Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
PhotoShip One
Registered Users

Default PS1 Front Mount for MJ3

Quote:
Mount Makers ! Hurry and get one to make yours compatible
Already in progress. It's happening at PhotoShip One

the MJ2 mount is finished awaiting test flight data. MJ3 is not far behind.
PhotoShip One is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
rerazor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-4-L View Post
hmm , I've been reading, it seems flybarless is compulsory here !
Flybar head is available as an option.
USA Dist. for Vario (Industrial)
rerazor is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
R-4-L
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm so glad I didn't hit the Order button on an MJ2 before finding out about 3.

so one to opt for a flybarless option, stabilization would require the HC Rigid? don't think the 3A version works with a separate flybarless control unit like vbar right?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
rerazor
Registered Users

HC rigid is for flybarless. HC3A for Flybar and won't work with V-bar.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
R-4-L
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thankyou Robert
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #8
merlin703
Registered Users

Could someone help? I don't quite understand the exact differences between the Joker3, MaxiJoker3 and the Joker3DD. That might be because I have never paid attention to this heli before so I don't have the previous knowledge.

Which one is the newest one? Based on the advertisement, the Joker3 is newer technology than the Joker 3DD, right?

Can the Joker3 easily become a MaxiJoker3 or a Joker 3dd or it's the other way around? What are the phisical differences between these birds? I now know the Maxi Joker in general is made to carry lots of weight so there has to be other differences other than just a longer boom and bigger blades, correct?

Also, who is selling this bird in the US?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
merlin703
Registered Users

Hey guys, FYI, I got some answers to my questions from Minicopter that I would like to share:

"A Joker 3 and a Joker 3DD are from the central unit completely different machines, no conversion possible. But if you will try in future a dualdrive on your Joker 3 there will be a conversion set available. From Joker 3DD to Joker 3 there is no way, only perjhaps to purchase the Joker 3 fuselage mechanic (but this makes no real sense).

Joker and Maxi-Joker are very similar exept the pinion and the specific tail parts. The Maxi has a thicker torque tube and has onbe ball bearing more in the boom. Alternatively you can get a battery tray similar to the Maxi-Joker2 that is 15 mm higher, good f.e. for A123 packs".
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Griffo
Registered Users

Is anyone flying the Maxi Joker 3 for AP? If so I'd love to see some pics!

I've been considering a Maxi for a while now and I think the MJ-3 might just tip me over the edge. I love that flybarless head!
Griffo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
windmania
Registered Users

Joker 3's now available and in stock at www.minicopter-usa.com
windmania is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
merlin703
Registered Users

I was going to buy the Joker3 as soon as it was available but I just purchased a NICE computer that will be arriving in the next few days. This is setting me back a little bit so I will have to be responsible and wait until the beginning of May.

So is minicopter-usa officially the vendor for the Joker line or is it still being decided by Gerd who else will be carrying the product? Not that I want to purchase it from another vendor but I'm just curious since joker-usa still doesn't know they won't be getting any
Also, the Xera 4035/3y400 and Xera 4035/4y should be available in the next few weeks, correct?

Last edited by merlin703; 04-15-2009 at 10:58 AM..
merlin703 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #13
levelflight
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmania View Post
Joker 3's now available and in stock at www.minicopter-usa.com
Is there going to be a direct powered tail option for the J3?
levelflight is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #14
windmania
Registered Users

Quote:
"Is there going to be a direct powered tail option for the J3?"

The Joker 3DD has the powered tail.
windmania is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
rerazor
Registered Users

I keep thinking the Direct Drive conversion might be the ticket for AP. I know Tabb is using it with success. Yes, it puts move weight on the tail and will make getting CG a little tricky for underslung mounts (front mounts it will be beneficial).

I just think for traveling it will great. Just pull the tail boom and be done with it.

Look forward to the new USA Joker dealer www.minicopter-usa.com

Rael is a great guy to deal with.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #16
CNCAddict
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin703 View Post
Also, the Xera 4035/3y400 and Xera 4035/4y should be available in the next few weeks, correct?
I'm expected to receive some of these motors next week
CNCAddict is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #17
merlin703
Registered Users

Sorry but who is "I"?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
jrohland
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Proud? owner

Freaks and others, I have been building a MJ3 (shaft drive) for several weeks now. Yes, I said weeks. It maidened a week ago today for under 1 minute until the main gear melted.

While I like the overall design, there have been some manufacturing issues with mine. It seams Minicopter has the problems worked out. I am waiting for new, smaller main and tail drive gears to arrive. They should solve the last of the problems.

Here is a synopsis of the issues:

Anti-rotation bracket mounting holes not drilled. I fixed.

Four of the five tail boom mounting block screw holes not drilled on each frame side. I fixed.

Either the first-stage and tail drive shaft bearing block mounting screw holes drilled in the wrong place or, the main and tail drive gears are too large. Minicopter decided to make the gears smaller rather than change the frames.

The other problem I encountered was the motor mounting plate was wrong for my Kontronic Pyro motor. I could have fixed that but the pulley shaft size is 8MM and my Pyro has a 6MM shaft. They needed to send me a sleeve for this so I had to wait anyway. Minicopter sent me the new motor mounting plate and pulley sleeve.

In the mean time Minicopter informed me the Pyro, 12s LiPo and 800MM main blades is not a supported combination. I had several options:

Change the motor (Revolution Models and Minicopter suggested I do that). I don't plan to do that.

Go to 700MM blades. This heli is to be a heavy lifter for HD video and FPV gear. I want the long blades.

Go to 10s power. This is acceptable to me but, I already have 6s packs. I have started building an inventory of 5s packs. I spoke with Minicopter about running 11s (5s+6s). They are sending me a 13 tooth motor pulley which will allow 11s, Pyro and 800MM blades. This works for me.

The heli is tail heavy right now. This is partly because I am running seperate battery packs. I can't move the entire battery weight fully forward in the battery bay.

Since I plan to run a nose mounted camera, the tail heavness should be an advantage when the video gear is mounted. In the meantime I will probably just use ballast.
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #19
jrohland
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Good Revolution

I should have said this. Revolution Models did send me a replacement upper frame to correct the missing holes. I received the frame and checked my holes against the corrected frame they sent. Since my fix is extremely close to the factory build, I just decided to leave my fixed frame in use. I will keep the other as a spare, I hope to never need.

Both Minicopter and Revolution have been helpful and responsive to my issues. The only real problem has been how long it takes to get stuff sent from Europe.
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
Flightlutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
Freaks and others, I have been building a MJ3 (shaft drive) for several weeks now. Yes, I said weeks. It maidened a week ago today for under 1 minute until the main gear melted.
While I like the overall design, there have been some manufacturing issues with mine. It seams Minicopter has the problems worked out. I am waiting for new, smaller main and tail drive gears to arrive. They should solve the last of the problems.
Either the first-stage and tail drive shaft bearing block mounting screw holes drilled in the wrong place or, the main and tail drive gears are too large. Minicopter decided to make the gears smaller rather than change the frames.
You mentioned that minicopter decided to make the gears smaller. Do you know if this is something that they would have to do for the entire line of MJ3 or was this a solution to resolve a one off issue?

I was ready to buy the MJ3 today but I'm am holding off until I get some clarification on this issue.

AJ
Flightlutions is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters